Not open for further replies.
If Gundogan is ready then I'd play him. I'd be tempted to play this team

Bravo

Sagna Stones Otamendi Kolorov

Fernandinho

Gundogan De Bruyne

Silva
Sterling Nolito

I agree with others that Iheanacho is more of an impact player. Silva as a false 9

The Ginger twat.

zn0zmx.jpg

Amazing how many people fell for this. It was made by a guy on twitter called weahscousin

Last edited by a moderator:
All right lads and lasses, what score are we all hoping for? Another 6-1 or Mourinho losing 5-0 again to Guardiola when pep was Barca manager. As good as the 6-1 was, I'm leaning to a 5-0 for City because it would absolutely ruin Mourinho physiologically and bring back horrible memories for him about the el classico, which subsequently ruined him and his team for the rest of the season.

I want us to score 10 in the first hour and offer the cunts the chance to forfeit.

Personally I think we'll play a pretty similar system to what we've seen so far but obviously adjusted because of the lack of Aguero. I've never grown to like a new signing as quickly as I grew to like Nolito. Without Aguero, he's the player I'd trust the most to get us goals. I'd play him up front or as a false 9, with Sterling one side and Sané on the other. Iheanacho, Navas and Delph/Fernando/Kolarov can come off the bench.

I want us to score 10 in the first hour and offer the cunts the chance to forfeit.
haha.

without getting too far ahead of myself,
it would be so bloody wonderful if we did manage to completely slaughter 'em.

I think we are reading into the "conspiracies" far too much, Clattenburg will be under the microscope tomorrow, he will want to continue with his "Top Ref" status so that he will get to ref more CL WC finals, if he fucks up, he can kiss that goodbye! he will try to let the game flow early on before he starts brandishing cards.
He will ref this like a CL /WC game hopefully.
If we are as fluid as we were against West Ham in the first half, for the majority of the game, we will come away with the points.
Aguero not playing, and new players coming into the team will make it even harder for Maureen to 2nd guess our formation and plans, if we can capitalise fully on any advantages we have, we will be out of sight by half time.

I'm typically nervous for this. Because of the International break Pep has had even longer to prepare the side. I fully expect to see Gundogan go into the side with Nolito playing as a false no.9. And I think in a match up Fellaini and Rooney and their defence will struggle to get near to our interplay if we play to our full ability.

The ref will be crucial. This is Mourinho and a physical game with lots of stoppages is what he'll want. If Fellaini et al are allowed to get away with dirty challenges then I can't see how we'll stop the rags winning. Similarly with set plays - we can stop the runners, but can we get away with doing it lawfully? I doubt it. Mourinho will be in the refs ear before, during and after the game on that. Aerially again, I can't see us competing and the rags will be set up to sit deep and utilise set plays.

However, this is Pep and if we play how he wants us to, the rags shouldn't get near the ball enough to influence the game. They'll sit deep but with Silva and Gundogan in the side and the pace we have, there's no specific target man for them to mark. All of our play will involve different runners using the channels, going behind and swapping positions. That's how we'll have success. Rationally I think we'll therefore win. If we notice the ref early on then I don't think we will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.