United away - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
First derby in my life where I've not been nervous, why should we be?

Despite what the media suggest, we're a much better side with far more quality and variety.

United are a threat of course, but even without Aguero we've got top class options.

Don't listen to what United fans say, Pep is the world's best coach, and from his own egotistical point of view he'd love nothing more than twatting these with Aguero out.

Mourinho can only play one way, he's not innovative, he's an expensive Tony Pulis.

City fans need to get their head in the game, this bloke in charge changes the landscape of football, he'd revolutionary and we no longer have an inflexible manager.

It is, but it's slightly betrayed by the amount of chances he needs and outside of Southampton away, his starting opportunities have been pretty underwhelming, certainly in comparison to his substitute appearances.

My viewpoint is merely with regards how ruthless we might need to be in front of goal tomorrow.

We'll need two or three to get a result in my opinion.

You'd rather Sterling up there than Nacho when you feel we need to be ruthless in front of goal? Strange choice IMO.

would definitely go with Nolito up front with Sane(if fit, otherwise Navas) Silva De Buryne and Sterling behind.

Nacho to come on with 20 mins left to run them ragged.

But who knows, Pep might start Gundogan as well.

If it ends up a draw what's the chances of the pro Rag press spinning it as: "Pep plays boring football see"? When we all know the reason will be PEGs negative football.

Maybe the swipes at playing styles, Pep and City in general are an attempt to get under the managers and the players skin so they can expect us to push hard and carelessly for the first goal and they can play the sit back(in the bus) and counter game?

Last edited:
I know one thing, looking at our first 5 games, we're extremely fit...

All this 'we need to keep it tight' or 'aerially we are vulnerable' is the obvious, isn't it?

Not for one minute do I feel pep hasn't been salivating about this fixture since they were announced. Pep is Pegs superior, tactically, no question, if the layman can see that we may struggle 'aerially' I'd hazard a guess that we might just be prepared, just a guess like......

We will dominate possession but not one review I've read so far has actually stated how positive we are with the ball, how dangerous we look...

I'm not stating we will win, this is the scum we are talking about, what I will say is if it's an even playing field of on the day, United will struggle to contain us, they may indeed grab a chance aerially, that's their main weapon (apparently), thankfully we have more in our arsenal....

Extremely confident!!!!

We will of course be prepared, but that doesn't mean we can do anything about it.

We were prepared v Stoke, & barely conceded a single free header from a set piece, so the ref gave them a pen for Sterling being pushed backwards with two hands by Shawcross, whilst not looking at the ball.

So our plan of blocking runners, which is working so well, is suddenly deemed illegal, apart from when any of the other teams in the country do it, including Stoke, five mins later, then it's fine.

We have no idea what will happen tomorrow in that regard, but we can bet that Clattenburg will be under severe pressure to cheat, if we are successful.

All right lads and lasses, what score are we all hoping for? Another 6-1 or Mourinho losing 5-0 again to Guardiola when pep was Barca manager. As good as the 6-1 was, I'm leaning to a 5-0 for City because it would absolutely ruin Mourinho physiologically and bring back horrible memories for him about the el classico, which subsequently ruined him and his team for the rest of the season.

It is, but it's slightly betrayed by the amount of chances he needs and outside of Southampton away, his starting opportunities have been pretty underwhelming, certainly in comparison to his substitute appearances.

My viewpoint is merely with regards how ruthless we might need to be in front of goal tomorrow.

We'll need two or three to get a result in my opinion.

I'd love to see his conversion rate because his actual goalscoring is fucking ridiculous for a kid.

My argument to the contrary would be his record suggests he will score at least 1.

We have enough around him to add to that.

He deserves the nod and I think he will get it.

Edit:

After Aguero I'm guessing he is statistically our next best goalscorer.

Even though he may not convert all his chances, it does seem somewhat counter productive to remove your best chance of a goal and replace him with someone with less chance of finding the net.

He's raw but he's a born goalscorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.