United away - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
no.....
....out pass the fuckers for the whole game, score a hatful of goals, celebrate in the swamp for an hour after the final whistle, then burn the place to the ground, then fuck off home.
Lol like it!

no.....
....out pass the fuckers for the whole game, score a hatful of goals, celebrate in the swamp for an hour after the final whistle, then burn the place to the ground, then fuck off home.
That's sounds like a plan.

I would like us to win an actual 'big game', it's been a while?

A game where we turn up and don't contrive to try and lose it like the League Cup Final.

Fine line between playing the game, rather than the occasion.

I think Pep will have overloaded our players with plenty of in-match tactical situations, so we'll keep a cool head. My only real concern is still a lack of leaders if things get tough?

United, predictably, will be all fired up and foaming from that twat Mourinho.

I would expect him to play like Chelsea did against us at home the other year, sitting in and then rapid on the counter with pace.

Are there any odds on match abandoned due to security alert if were 4 up after 15 mins?

Can see a lot depending on Clattenburgs performance. The mental one will come out trying to bully our smaller players (Nacho will def be repeatedly fouled), he's too bitter and twisted to miss out on a chance to hurt Pep's players.

Too many united players lack discipline, they'll be asked to defend deep as a unit and the second the crowd gets anxious the likes of Rooney and Ibra will break formation hunting for the ball and fuck their system up.

I think Mikytarian is injured for this which is huge for us. I think we'll start Kolorov next to Stones to help counter Ibra's strength. I'd predict a tight, cagey game. Probably 1-1.

It's my birthday on Saturday, got tickets to this so could really make or break my day haha.

I would like us to win an actual 'big game', it's been a while?

A game where we turn up and don't contrive to try and lose it like the League Cup Final.

Fine line between playing the game, rather than the occasion.

I think Pep will have overloaded our players with plenty of in-match tactical situations, so we'll keep a cool head. My only real concern is still a lack of leaders if things get tough?

United, predictably, will be all fired up and foaming from that twat Mourinho.

I would expect him to play like Chelsea did against us at home the other year, sitting in and then rapid on the counter with pace.

Sounds about right.

I would anticipate a very tactical battle. I don't know how much chance Pep has had to work on moves that we have not seen yet but he might want to drag out of the toolkit for this one?

I suspect he won't want to change his starting line-up too much but late returns and suspension may force his hand a bit. The most interesting question may be how he replaces Aguero? This is the sort of game that might suit the false nine but Mou will surely have prepared his team for that eventuality, be it from the off or an in-game switch. I would not be surprised to see Pep change tactics of formation multiple times in the game; depending on how it goes.

This is the first real opportunity for Pep to demonstrate that he is all that he is cracked up to be. I say that not to cast aspersions on someone who I could not rate much more highly but because he still has to prove himself at City and that will take time. I have not followed Mou anything like as closely as Pep, so it could just be lack of attention on my part, but it seems to me Pep has evolved his game far more than Mou and I hope we see positive evidence of that by the end of this game.

Sounds about right.

I would anticipate a very tactical battle. I don't know how much chance Pep has had to work on moves that we have not seen yet but he might want to drag out of the toolkit for this one?

I suspect he won't want to change his starting line-up too much but late returns and suspension may force his hand a bit. The most interesting question may be how he replaces Aguero? This is the sort of game that might suit the false nine but Mou will surely have prepared his team for that eventuality, be it from the off or an in-game switch. I would not be surprised to see Pep change tactics of formation multiple times in the game; depending on how it goes.

This is the first real opportunity for Pep to demonstrate that he is all that he is cracked up to be. I say that not to cast aspersions on someone who I could not rate much more highly but because he still has to prove himself at City and that will take time. I have not followed Mou anything like as closely as Pep, so it could just be lack of attention on my part, but it seems to me Pep has evolved his game far more than Mou and I hope we see positive evidence of that by the end of this game.
Fair points mate. The home derby will be a better yardstick in which to gauge how far Pep has progressed in moulding the team to his own liking tactically. By then he will most probably have a fully fit Gundogan, Sane, Jesus and Aguero to choose.

no way kolarov can start at CB!! hes been decent granted but big nose would smash the fuck out of him!

It's time to shut a few rag and arse sucking pundits gobs, Saturday is the perfect platform to do it, if we can take the early chances we will inevitably create, we will be fine and they will come out all guns blazing like they did when we smashed em 6-1, not predicting that again, only dreaming of it but we will win. As previously stated, it's time we stepped up in a big game, none bigger for me whatever stage of the season we are at ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.