United away - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I worry about is the last 20mins our concentration and closing down stopping the crossing also Rashford on for last 10 mins will be a threat.

We need to win it in the first half so we need to take our chances.

Is Leroy Sane fit for this game?

Even with Aguero out with suspension we've still more than enough to beat that lot, If Sane is fit I'd make a straight swap for Aguero, Let Sterling, Sane and Nolito interchange up top.

Bravo
Saga
Otamendi
Stones
Clichy
Fernandinho
De Bruyne
Silva
Nolito
Sterling
Sane

It's a pity this game isn't a few weeks away were we would have a fully fit squad with Kompany, Gundogan and Sane fit with an Aguero that isn't suspended, I honestly think we'd humiliate them.

This... But I'm going for 1-4, never been so confident going into a Derby the fucker's won't touch the ball

I hope you're right, but fear we may be disappointed.

We currently lack physical power (less so if Vinny were playing)

You can get away with that playing on our own patch, but less so against a team that is now dominated by height in big nose, Bailly, Fellaini and Pogba.

Regardless of the possession stats, Mourinho's Chelsea beat United with 27 per cent, the season before last, and you know they will pose a huge threat from every set-piece and corner. That could be even more pronounced by our zonal marking and the officials now looking for slightest contact.

It's weird, but this is the first time in a while when I have felt the gulf isn't so wide.

Call it years of watching, but it's written for big nose or Pogba to score.

This is the game where Pep convinces me once and for all, we're back.

It's ridiculous how highly the rags are rated by these so called pundits going off their start to the season. City have played far better football against, arguably, tougher opposition.

Im confident we'll dictate the play from the get go. I'm hoping Pep will start with something like this;

Bravo

Sagna, Stones, Kolarov, Clichy

KDB, Fernandinho, Silva

Navas, Nolito, Sterling

4-3-3, think Navas will come in to help out against Shaw and Martial, plus he offers pace on that side for them to be concerned when we attack.
Would love Kelechi to start but with there CBs being so physical, I just think Nolito would be more suited central for this game.

We'll see what happens, but all in all, I'm going for a city win. 3-1 Nolito first goal ;)

I hope you're right, but fear we may be disappointed.

We currently lack physical power (less so if Vinny were playing)

You can get away with that playing on our own patch, but less so against a team that is now dominated by height in big nose, Bailly, Fellaini and Pogba.

Regardless of the possession stats, Mourinho's Chelsea beat United with 27 per cent, the season before last, and you know they will pose a huge threat from every set-piece and corner. That could be even more pronounced by our zonal marking and the officials now looking for slightest contact.

It's weird, but this is the first time in a while when I have felt the gulf isn't so wide.

Call it years of watching, but it's written for big nose or Pogba to score.

This is the game where Pep convinces me once and for all, we're back.

With respect, your anxiety and slight pessimistic approach to it makes them what they arent.
The media, their fans, and now seemingly our own; have them down as something special again.
A real force, and side that we should be borderline scared to face in their own back yard, the united of old.

Not for me. I think its been shoved down our throats so much that they're the real deal and they will over-power and out run every side in the league under JM so much that everyone has started to believe it.
This is an improved united side, no doubt. But they have zero style, and a manager a single decision, goal & in turn defeat away from collapsing within his own ego once again. Less than a year ago he was on his knees and an inch away from being written off for good. He and united have found solace in each others own despair and hope each other will bring them back to dominance, but for me.. we are in prime position to finish him and them off for good. Dont fear these, face them head on, its something nobody has done against mourinho enough & why he always succeeds.

With respect, your anxiety and slight pessimistic approach to it makes them what they arent.
The media, their fans, and now seemingly our own; have them down as something special again.
A real force, and side that we should be borderline scared to face in their own back yard, the united of old.

Not for me. I think its been shoved down our throats so much that they're the real deal and they will over-power and out run every side in the league under JM so much that everyone has started to believe it.
This is an improved united side, no doubt. But they have zero style, and a manager a single decision, goal & in turn defeat away from collapsing within his own ego once again. Less than a year ago he was on his knees and an inch away from being written off for good. He and united have found solace in each others own despair and hope each other will bring them back to dominance, but for me.. we are in prime position to finish him and them off for good. Dont fear these, face them head on, its something nobody has done against mourinho enough & why he always succeeds.

Mate, whatever people need to rationale a derby...

They are not a real force or a special side, having me rather outlined their obvious strengths.

But it doesn't take either of those things to win any game, never mind a derby.

We beat better United teams than this one with a load of dross.

When it comes to this game, you can leave style at the back door, I'll take a win of any sorts.

1-0 to city until the 80th, then Rooney to equalize from a undeserved penalty. Then Ibrahimovic to score and win it in the 94th minute then.
Me slitting my wrists in the 95th

How I'd setup:

Bravo
Otamendi Kolarov
Dinho Stones Clichy
Sterling Silva Gundogan De Bruyne
Nolito​
  • Bit more height at the back​
  • Nolito 'false 9'​
Probably be more like:
Caballero
Stones Kolarov
Sagna Fernandinho Clichy
Sterling Silva Gundogan De Bruyne
Nolito​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.