United away - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer players shut up about what they are going to do or willing to do before a game. Too many times we have seen bold claims being made before a match, but the actual match ends up anything what was proclaimed earlier.

Not sure I agree
He was clearly asked the question, so he's going to respond with something.
I'd rather have us come out fighting against the absolute king of mind games himself and make him aware he isnt going to push us over like he usually does to people in the league, or when he came to us under that soft melt Pellegrini in his first season
Well in Dave. Fuck these

Assuming he'll start since he was granted a rest from England from BFS, I hope Luke Shaw plays so Raheem can start on the right and tear him a new one. At the very least it will certainly keep Shaw from getting forward. Also expect Mourinho to park the bus and cross the ball into Zlatan as much as possible.

Here's how I'd line up:

Bravo, Sagna, Stones, Kompany (Kolarov if Vinny isn't yet fit), Clichy, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Silva, Sterling, Nolito, Iheanacho.

Think we could see Gundogan and Sane but unless they're killing it in training can't see Pep starting either of them in this one. Maybe next week.

Think we'll edge it 1-2

Aye, keen for this starting line-up. I fancy Kolorov for the aerial duels over Otamendi all day, I can't see Vinny being thrown in for this.

Saturday is the day when the following stupid claims are answered, put to bed, and the media/pundits made look stupid :

- Pep might not adjust to the English League
- City haven't changed since last year and still move the ball slow (Merson)
- City wont be able to play out from the back in England against the so called better teams
- City are a one man team and cant cope without Aguero

We will play the first half like the West Ham game, out of the blocks fast and have the rags not knowing a f#ck whats going on.

If we take our chances early I think it will turn out a comfortable win.

Never in my years supporting City have I been confident in anything, whether it be winning a title, winning a match or anything, but this season I have predicted we will win the league with games to spare. We will beat the Scum on Saturday also, would love us to put a number on them but any win will do.

The only reason behind my change in optimism and confidence towards City is all down to one factor - PEP.

I seriously hate these deluded rags with a fu**ing passion.
Already had all the raggies in work mouthing off how we won't be able to compete with the pace and power that they have got and how they will dominate the game and run us off the park.

I can't wait for Saturday to burst their bubble once again.

I seriously hate these deluded rags with a fu**ing passion.
Already had all the raggies in work mouthing off how we won't be able to compete with the pace and power that they have got and how they will dominate the game and run us off the park.

I can't wait for Saturday to burst their bubble once again.

I'll give them power, as they're basically a team of cloggers, but pace?

Martial is fast and stumbling over the ball, Rashford won't be near the team, Rooney, er, BigNose, right, A&E...

Valencia will be dangerous, but i'd have Clichy there to stop him. ChubbyShaw will be sweating piecrust all day chasing Sterling....

Still, not overly confident, it's a derby........ Nothing would surprise me. Well, Clattenburg not giving them a soft pen will surprise me....

I prefer players shut up about what they are going to do or willing to do before a game. Too many times we have seen bold claims being made before a match, but the actual match ends up anything what was proclaimed earlier.
Bold claims? He was asked a question and answered it. What did you expect him to say? He's hardly said, "we're gonna demolish the gobshites and this time it'll be 10" as he?

If Willy plays, we have to give him our full backing, and not this pessimism
Yes we should all just keep closing our eyes and remember the peno shoot out and the Willy song after the match and just wipe our minds of all the flaps and Joe like hoofs out from the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.