United game postponed due to bomb scare

Presumably, when deciding which security company to entrust the safety of their supporters with, Ed Woodward's decision was solely down to a loaded gun being pointed at his head. I'm sure cost and shockingly poor judgement didn't enter into the equation.

I'm equally sure the BBC will be all over it.

Absolute bollocks!!! This is a man who is being paid to conduct a training exercise detecting fake explosive devices. It isn't someone who rushes out of the house or from work and forgets his keys or a file. His whole job that day was to ensure a number of devices, the number of which he knew and which HE brought to the stadium,were planted,found and taken back to his office. It wasn't even multiple devices it was THIRTEEN for fucks sake. That very stadium was hosting a big match in four days to be attended by SEVENTY FIVE thousand people. As a so called security expert he would know the implications if he fucked up and left one taped to the bog doors! If he really was that stupid on such a small matter as not knowing all the devices were back in his bag before he left he might as well look to start a new business as he has lost all credibility in the security industry!

Rubbish. You do the same thing day in day out and it matters not a fucking jot how important it is, you'll get complacent, because you know you've done it faultless for days and days on end. This comes down to nothing more than simple human nature. As it appears, correct me if I'm wrong, he's not subject to oversight, he's the top of the chain - One single bloke? It's not a fucking joint spec ops/Mi5 exercise.

Now two scenarios are possible in the days between his seminar and the game. 1) He doesn't have another job on that week, so he doesn't notice he's still a pipe bomb short. 2) He does, and either he still doesn't notice, because at the next job he's still not using his entire assortment of bombs, or he does notice, and what? He just doesn't bother ringing the club to get it back? Why the fuck would he do that?

If this is all so outlandish what is the actual explanation? Because all I've seen so far is how the club and company statements are clearly bollocks and there is something more sinister afoot, yet no-one seems able to tell me what that is.

Rubbish. You do the same thing day in day out and it matters not a fucking jot how important it is, you'll get complacent, because you know you've done it faultless for days and days on end. This comes down to nothing more than simple human nature. As it appears, correct me if I'm wrong, he's not subject to oversight, he's the top of the chain - One single bloke? It's not a fucking joint spec ops/Mi5 exercise.

Now two scenarios are possible in the days between his seminar and the game. 1) He doesn't have another job on that week, so he doesn't notice he's still a pipe bomb short. 2) He does, and either he still doesn't notice, because at the next job he's still not using his entire assortment of bombs, or he does notice, and what? He just doesn't bother ringing the club to get it back? Why the fuck would he do that?

If this is all so outlandish what is the actual explanation? Because all I've seen so far is how the club and company statements are clearly bollocks and there is something more sinister afoot, yet no-one seems able to tell me what that is.
There are some jobs where you don't have the luxury of making a mistake by becomimg complacent. Something David Duckenfield has finally come to realise.

The dummy device had the name of his company with a "contact me if found" message on the side and a telephone number
Did no one think to Google his company or contact the stadium manager to ask if this company had been in recently?

What was the point of the dogs being there if the dogs couldn't find them?

The dummy device had the name of his company with a "contact me if found" message on the side and a telephone number
Did no one think to Google his company or contact the stadium manager to ask if this company had been in recently?
Exactly what I was thinking. It really shouldn't have been that hard to join the dots once it was found.

It is not rubbish.Have you ever worked in the security industry or a job where you train on a regular basis for the worst case scenario? If you have you will know what you said is as I said in my original answer to you....absolute bollocks! While everyone can make a mistake his was so basic at his level it is bordering on criminal.I wouldn't put him or his security firm in charge of a dolls house!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.