United (H) - League Cup SF 2nd Leg Post-Match Thread

Pep is beginning to worry me. He seems to be overthinking things even more than usual.

The three at the back, even legislating for Fern being out, did little for us. The midfield was slow and compacted.

United were able to still go man-for-man against us when Bravo had the ball, with neither Gundo or Rodri coming short to receive.

I watched the recent Barca v Real Madrid game and Madrid did exactly the same. They forced Barca to kick long into midfield and I can see more of the same next month.

We currently have three or four players in this team who are hiding. They don't want the responsibility of making a mistake.
No one hid on the pitch. They did however make mistakes in the final third.

I think you've been over-critical of Pep there. Our finishing is poor but our approach play was good and the only occasions I worried about Utd related to set-pieces. You can't blame Pep for City not taking chances. We had more than enough to win that game comfortably.

No one hid on the pitch. They did however make mistakes in the final third.

I think you've been over-critical of Pep there. Our finishing is poor but our approach play was good and the only occasions I worried about Utd related to set-pieces. You can't blame Pep for City not taking chances. We had more than enough to win that game comfortably.

Whilst I can concede on Pep and chances created, both Gundo and Rodri hid. Neither wanting to come short and drop into the hole to receive the ball from Bravo or Otamendi. At the very least, it then creates the space behind them.

United were able to go man-for-man to prevent a ball out from the back as a result. Bravo went long almost every time.

It has happened time and again this season, mainly because Fern isn't doing that job anymore.

I'd also argue both Raheem and Silva both hid when it came to their moment. That wasn't a mistake, that was two players deciding not to take responsibility.

That of course, is subjective. But they both have previous, certainly of late.

I still can't understand how we didn't score last night: and I still can't understand how they did. The only times I was nervous was when we gave stupid free kicks away in our third but they only looked dangerous on the one occasion. They didn't have a single corner all night. Despite the attempts of Messrs Tyler and Walker to suggest that City were holding on by the skin of our teeth they looked no more likely to score than we did. And the sending off was thoroughly deserved. We are going to the final and deservedly so, but what were we playing at in their box! Someone ought to tell our lads that we are not playing pass the parcel with a time bomb every time we get in their box. Sergio excepted, of course, but the rest...

I still can't understand how we didn't score last night: and I still can't understand how they did. The only times I was nervous was when we gave stupid free kicks away in our third but they only looked dangerous on the one occasion. They didn't have a single corner all night. Despite the attempts of Messrs Tyler and Walker to suggest that City were holding on by the skin of our teeth they looked no more likely to score than we did. And the sending off was thoroughly deserved. We are going to the final and deservedly so, but what were we playing at in their box! Someone ought to tell our lads that we are not playing pass the parcel with a time bomb every time we get in their box. Sergio excepted, of course, but the rest...

Zis is football.

Whilst I can concede on Pep and chances created, both Gundo and Rodri hid. Neither wanting to come short and drop into the hole to receive the ball from Bravo or Otamendi. At the very least, it then creates the space behind them.

United were able to go man-for-man to prevent a ball out from the back as a result. Bravo went long almost every time.

It has happened time and again this season, mainly because Fern isn't doing that job anymore.

I'd also argue both Raheem and Silva both hid when it came to their moment. That wasn't a mistake, that was two players deciding not to take responsibility.

That of course, is subjective. But they both have previous, certainly of late.

It was a mistake for Sterling not to pass to one of two onside players in a better position to score than he was once he decided to continue with the sideways run and allow 3 Manure defenders position themselves better in case he actually decided to shoot.

For all his speed and generally good timing timing of his runs compared to Jesus for example who has a lot to work on that score he sense of who is around him is ordinary and it costs us better scoring opportunities in most games.

The difference between his best and worst is too great still and you see it often within a short period of time as his flick on to Kun that at his best would have buried what would have been a wonderful assist and put the tie to bed in the opening minutes.

I am not overly disappointed in the performance as most times it would have resulted in a relatively comfortable win and we kept them corner less and one half chance which they scored from.

Embarrassing finishing. We are poor defensively but the defence was solid today and were massively let down by the attackers. How is it that we concede from their only shot but the dippers get away with 3/4 sitters against them? Simply luck? Don’t know anymore.
Don't think the defence is solid when idiots like Otamendi give stupid free kicks away in dangerous positions. It was the only way they were ever going to score

after letting it churn and ruminating for while, it seems to be one that we got away with, but so easily didn't need to be.

Once United settled on about 30 mins, the formation looked very brittle. United had no clue how to exploit it as while United passed it better than they have for most of the season, they were pedestrian. I think a quicker team (or even a scum team, with Rashford in it) may have been more adventurous. I thought City were slow to adapt to dangers last night.

Sterling is all guts but his head isnt there. He actually worked his socks off and his tackling was really decent, but his standard of passing/finishing/dribbling last night is as bad as it has been for us, is it something in his head or just shitty form, i dunno. Playing through it or resting him is pure opinion i'm afraid.

but yeah, we scored a couple that were chalked off and missed a couple, that David Silva one is curious when you see it on slow-mo. That's a team i'm still really shocked we've lost twice at home to.

Both sets of fans launching shit at each other and doing aeroplanes; fucking grow up.

The fact that we have scored so many goals this season is overshadowing the fact that either carelessness or lack of form or both is of chronic proportions.
We cannot rely on var or refs to help with tight scoring games ( eg Pool) so for heavens sake strikers start scoring more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.