United (H) - League Cup SF 2nd Leg Post-Match Thread

The positives from tonight.

1. We're in the final.
2. They think they've done well, when in fact they were shit again.
3. Its probably hurt them more that they won and still lost.
4. Ole's safe for a bit longer.
5. They were shit, and whilst being below par, we still played the football
6. Did I mention that they were shit ?

Agree with that.

Would Sterling be playing as badly if sane was fit? like the lad, don't usually jump on his back, but his form and confidence is so low he needs a break.

i feel for jesus. Gets limited chances, makes the most of them, doesn't get rewarded with a chance ar a consistent run. doesn't kick up a fuss either. deserves to play, currently, ahead of sterling.
He’s done well since Burnley away, Jesus. Absolutely deserves to be in the team ahead of Sterling.

I really don’t think we was that bad, it’s incredibly frustrating but most of that first half and a large chunk of the second we was dominant. The wasting of chances is the main concern.
We dominated possession, but you’d expect that at home against a mediocre side like United. I just thought it was a really poor performance overall. Play like that against Madrid and we’ll get spanked. Hopefully we’ll have Laporte, Fernandinho, Mendy and possibly even Sane back by then.

I know I am biased but did Mudguard get touched for their free kick. It looked like a very clear dive. What do you say Ole.

When I was growing up the idea of getting to a league cup final, beating United over two legs on the way, was about as good as I dared imagine it might ever get. Times change, eh?

Never takes a lot for our fan base to turn nasty on individuals...

Pep has turned the club on its head in the last 4 years, and when an inevitable slump occurs (some slump), we have people doubting his ability to come again...

Raising standards was always going to kill him in this instance but are people really doubting his ability??? He’s won 7/8 domestic trophies available in the last 2 years, I personally think he’ll add another couple before season end.....

Underestimate the guy, no problem, but the jibes have undertones I don’t personally like.... anyway, another trip to Wembley to plan, oh how I yearn for the good old days of derbies being the be all and end all!!
So did you enjoy tonight? Did you think we played well against a team that my fucking pub team would beat?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.