United (H) - League Cup SF 2nd Leg Post-Match Thread

Never takes a lot for our fan base to turn nasty on individuals...

Pep has turned the club on its head in the last 4 years, and when an inevitable slump occurs (some slump), we have people doubting his ability to come again...

Raising standards was always going to kill him in this instance but are people really doubting his ability??? He’s won 7/8 domestic trophies available in the last 2 years, I personally think he’ll add another couple before season end.....

Underestimate the guy, no problem, but the jibes have undertones I don’t personally like.... anyway, another trip to Wembley to plan, oh how I yearn for the good old days of derbies being the be all and end all!!

It happened at Barca and it happened at Munich, but I honestly didn't think it would happen.

Great to get to another final but fuck me this season's been a tough watch at times. Hopefully a couple trophies at the end of the season and we can regroup for next season, think the majority of us can agree that we've been so good the past couple seasons that it's all been a little underwhelming to be honest.
All relative. Tough watch compared to 100 points a season.

Fantastic compared to most of the dross we've watched over the years.

Think back to the first half at Old Trafford. We won the tie there. Tonight was about getting over the line. And we did.

Wow. We just got to a final and your miserable. Cheer up your miserable sod
I am happy as Larry we are at Wembley. But at my age watching us fart about and gift that lot of shit a goal, I could not watch anymore. So it was Silent Witness for me whilst the second half was in progress. If you think we are actually playing to the levels we are capable of then fair does, but I don't and how Sterling starts games is beyond me.

It’s the fact we lost to that shite again. I can understand it, I had a mixture of emotions at the final whistle but on reflection we was just missing a killer touch in front of goal.

We would have scored had we adopted even a 'slap on the wrist' approach. We had some glorious chances, the gift from 'Arry, was it, that needed fifteen fuckin' touches before the gaping goal heaved into view that never materialised. Our finishing tonight on occasions was quite dreadful. Had the Ragamuffins had half of the chances we had we would have lost. 9 attempts in the first half to their one - and they go in 1-0 up! It's laughable, really, except I wasn't laughing at HT.

Mind, for all their huffin' and puffin', divin' 'n contrivin' MANUre were just not good enough to claw back a two goal lead. Friend gifted them the free, Bernie gifted them a midfielder's header out and the dirty savage Matic has their only chance of the game, bar the brainstorm Otters delivered at the end. We were far better than the Swampies but we didn't play at anything like the level we can.

We dominated possession, but you’d expect that at home against a mediocre side like United. I just thought it was a really poor performance overall. Play like that against Madrid and we’ll get spanked. Hopefully we’ll have Laporte, Fernandinho, Mendy and possibly even Sane back by then.

Score a couple of chances and it’s a different story. If me aunty had balls and all that I know but we’ve been a lot worse than that this season and we restricted to them to zero counter attacks. Unlike the first home game.

We dominated possession, but you’d expect that at home against a mediocre side like United. I just thought it was a really poor performance overall. Play like that against Madrid and we’ll get spanked. Hopefully we’ll have Laporte, Fernandinho, Mendy and possibly even Sane back by then.
Christ, thank fuck you saw it same way as me, thought I’d watched a different game reading some posts on here.

So did you enjoy tonight? Did you think we played well against a team that my fucking pub team would beat?

Nope, but I’m also not short sighted...

Did you think we’d just continue to swat all before us for his entire 5 year stay?

He’s raised the bar with his methods and shown that he has the ability to evolve throughout his career. The guy is the greatest manager of the modern era, I think he’s afforded enough grace for an inevitable slump to see how to respond, don’t you?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.