United (H) - League Cup SF 2nd Leg Post-Match Thread

Had Jesus started instead of Sterling we'd have won by 3 or 4. Just needed 1 to go in and we'd have won easily. They score with their first chance and it gets a bit nervous but we still won comfortably.
We got beat you mad cûnt.

I am happy as Larry we are at Wembley. But at my age watching us fart about and gift that lot of shit a goal, I could not watch anymore. So it was Silent Witness for me whilst the second half was in progress. If you think we are actually playing to the levels we are capable of then fair does, but I don't and how Sterling starts games is beyond me.

Raheem is going through a mixed patch - he was better tonight than of late but he often has to contend with half the defence lining up to smack him into the turf with ne'er a blink from the ref. We didn't play well, but good enough and better than the crap put in front of us!

Strange formation but on the whole it worked and injuries to three of our back four meant he had to juggle things. We were the better side, it isn't Pep's fault we miss four or five great chances he can't do much about that. Their goal is just one of those things, decent finish but a couple of players ball watching after Bernardo's header out instead of getting to Matic. Certain key players out of form and for me the jury is still out on Rodri and Cancello.

By our own high standards of the last two seasons this one has been a major disappointment. Losing twice to the Rags, Norwich, Wolves twice and dropping points elsewhere to make us NINETEEN points behind Liverpool. Sure they have been perfect results wise but our defence of the title has still been embarrassing.

We could of course end up with two or three trophies though I think we have zero chance of the champions league. As for the league cup it depends on which City turn up on the day and if key players are back in form by then.

A major shake up is needed at the end of the season and top of the list is a world class center half. That way if we lose one to injury the other should be able to do the job and nurse through who comes in. Now if we lose Laporte it all goes to ratshit. A younger Fernandinho as I'm not sure Rodri is the answer and a David Silva replacement as Pep by not picking Foden isn't convinced he is the answer either. I'd add a world class forward to the list too as Sterling's form has dropped of a cliff, Sergio isn't getting any younger and can Jesus be the main man? I'm not so sure.

All relative. Tough watch compared to 100 points a season.

Fantastic compared to most of the dross we've watched over the years.

Think back to the first half at Old Trafford. We won the tie there. Tonight was about getting over the line. And we did.
No I agree Marv, its brilliant to get over the line and get another day at Wembley but I can understand some of the frustration about this season. Intensity has definitely dropped which is to be expected and injuries and questionable VAR decisions have made us look worse on the table than we are but it's all been a bit unPep like.

That's what you call making hard work of a easy job.
If we'd taken one of the early chances we might well have wiped the floor with them cos let's face it they are absolutely gash.
They took their half chance brilliantly and we got a bit edgy.
Overall the performance minus the finishing was ok but a similar performance in the CL will see us out.

Something is seriously wrong with the mentally of some of our players. This happens almost every season and why I'm worried about the Madrid fixture.
It does. I remember thinking as we won our 4th trophy last season, "what is wrong with this lot?"

You might be Mega, but I wouldn't put 'blue' after it.

FFS

The result was almost predictable. Vast majority of possession, miss load of chances. Opposition score from rare chances. Sound familiar? We're light years ahead of the rags yet they win the game[meaningless as it is].... I think that under Pep that's what you get with the style of football he wants to play. Sometimes you're going to hammer teams ,and infrequently teams are are gonna nick one, given the quality of the Premiership. We play the best football in the league but Liverpool play the most effective football. The Rags fart about living off past glories but are still capable of[,like any teams in this league] ,winning games they shouldn't. However, I'm not complaining given what I've watched over the last 50 years.
The only thing off tonight was Sterling's finishing. He worked hard, beat his man and then did his usual over-thinking when the goal is there. It'll click soon I hope.

Utd had nothing up front. Very comfortable for our defence. I thought we ran the game for the entire 90 mins despite being on a knife edge for a lot of it. That takes experience.

You'd think some of our fans would have learned something about the game they've been watching for decades but apparently not.

The game left me feeling empty. Akin to a bitter taste in my mouth. The positive thing was going through to the final. Nonetheless, the team than won on the night are beyond woeful.

Some players in the team are out of form. It also seems like the players aren’t all on the same wavelength at all this season. Even the young players that have done well haven’t been given a proper chance to challenge the position of a first team player.

Maybe a serious case of complacency has crept into the team. Quite a bit of work to do in the summer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.