United (H) Post Match Thread

Yes the result is upsetting, but I do ask that before anyone writes the season off and declares a handful of players to not be good enough, just remember we have just won 21 games in a row with this squad.

It sucks but bad results happen. When United did the league and CL double in 07/08, a midtable City side did the double over them.

Anyway, I thought Stones was a real standout today.
Sensible post mate, but to paraphrase what Pep has said before “I don’t mind losing but there’s a way to lose”

It’s a very sore one because of the manner of defeat, with a whimper.

A defeat had to happen, maybe it happening in this manner against them will galvanise the squad for the next push.

Today had shades of Lyon about it, overthinking it and under playing it.

Well the last game I went to in the cup against them they beat us at the Etihad 1-0. We still went through but like today it was an absolute embarrassment, one they seem more than capable of recreating time and time again.

Again.. a game that didn’t change the trajectory of a trophy...

Best way to answer is 3 points v Southampton

He will watch this game back & see for himself both Kev & Sterling were fucking awfull & not for the 1st time

Both are being put before Barnardo & Phil when nowhere near the form of both of those 2

Big decisions to be made neither get new deals imo & if they dont like it then move on simple

Kev needs to get his head out of his arse its been hanging for months

Stetling I just can't take to no matter how hard I try I seem to shout like fuck at the TV at least half a dozen times each game

Hes had 1 decent season & the guy wants £400.000 a week he can get fucked

Not knee jerk action just can't get my head round his poor reactions & decisions in front of goal

Wednesday has become harder for us now but we have much more to offer if the right team is picked

Don't think Walker will be left out anymore & Cancelo will move to LB

Edderson
Dias Laporte
Walker Cancelo
Dino
Berny Gundagun
Mahrez Phil
Aguero

The result wasnt a surprise at all once the line up was named. The line up was similar to the start of the season and our performance was simialr as well
KDB is a problem at the moment. As fantastic as he has been Im starting to wonder if he is getting near the end of his time with us...the way Pep has been playing which has been getting the best out of the team does not suit him in the centre...Maybe he could be moved wider? However you cannot take away fromthe fact that he has not been near his best this season (while remaining a decent player)

Either Pep adapts the way he sets up or KDB may no longer be the main man....our best performances this season have all come without him in the team

Bernardo and Foden should have both started.

Mahrez was typical Mahrez
Sterling was awful
Jesus - still the questions remain whether he has a place in a team chasing to be the very best.....can that team afford a striker who shy's away from shooting and when he does it proves to be the weakest part of his game?
Spot on.

Even on 70 minutes and 2-0 down we had the ball around the half way line and there was not a single option except sideways or backwards. It had been that way for long periods of the game. Not a single option of an over the top ball in behind. No movement ,no threat. Everything had to go through their 2 banks of 4 . Awful.
Sterling never points for that ball.
Runs over and stands on the touchline, inevitably playing it back to where its come from.
No balls to get it and run at them

Even on 70 minutes and 2-0 down we had the ball around the half way line and there was not a single option except sideways or backwards. It had been that way for long periods of the game. Not a single option of an over the top ball in behind. No movement ,no threat. Everything had to go through their 2 banks of 4 . Awful.
no bernardo of foden in those pockets to receive those passes.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.