United (H) Post Match Thread

I’m not worried about the result as I have said numerous times in this thread, I think we are nailed onto win it.. as are the bookies with some still offering 100-1 on the rags even after today!

But.. Kev is concerning me. People can moan about Raz and FFS all they want but they have been part of our dominance these past few months. Kev has not. In fact our most narrow and unconvincing victories have coincided with his return to the team.

We have massively changed how we play during that period and our in game management and control seems to have gone out of the window with his return. Rodri whilst still being consistently great is definitely not getting on the ball quite as much and acting as a metronome as Kevs rushed risk taking is fucking that shit up.

I worry we may balls up the CL in the late stages instead of preserving with what was was working very well for us and what ultimately looked like our answer to that particular competition. Solidity and complete control.

It pains me to say it but I cnt disagree. The fluidity of the side just doesnt look the same with him in the team and it was exactly the same before his injury. Despite his quality he's always looking to force a pass which either loses possession and or f#cks us on the counter.

The flappers are about to learn a harsh lesson, they will soon understand the difference between a battle and a war, in about 3 weeks I reckon.
Same for the lurking red bastards...in about 3 weeks you will understand and then you will be sad again. Up the fucking blue boys.

No Bernie no party. He is central to everything this team has done over the last 2 months where we seem to be able to rotate at will. We missed his energy levels and his ability to carry the ball from deep but above all the formation looked too rigid without him. Cancelo in particular suffered from his absence.
All the various selection arguments have their merits, we are talking about a squad of exceptional players, but for me what he brings to the team is unique and we can suffer in his absence.

Thought it was just me irritated with that shit.

I wish some fucker at the Club had pulled Pep up and sorted thatt out.

Fucking ultra cringey.
Must admit, that does annoy me too.
Especially considering the shit they have been flinging our way behind our backs re CAS, FFP etc...why the feck are we still sooking up to the tossers?

First loss in 28 games but what a pisser.
Why Walker did not play is a mystery unless he was carrying a knock. I thought Gabby's challenge was a complete accident and of course agree the throw in like v West Ham was shit.
However for me the real culprits (aside from poor finishing) were 3 things.
1. There is no sugarcoating it- KDB was shit for most of the first half. He is a world class player and should know when to play simple. Our game is a possession one so he needs to stop losing the ball and enabling them to break. And when he is breaking out like he did a couple of times he needs to find the right ball.
2. The biggest mistake was that of Cancelo for the second. Think about it. We played much better last 15 first half and first 5 second. We were keeping the ball and should have carried on that way playing our usual game. They couldn't get out. For Cancelo to charge in when Shaw was thrown the ball when he had about 5% chance of winning it completely opened us up and lo and behold the fucking left back scores.
3. And connected to the point above, a draw would have ended up ended up a decent result so we should have been more patient, wear them down and get our overloads.

We just can't afford to give away cheap goals in any of the cups.
Need to win the next 2 and it's almost there

Well unless you hadn’t noticed we got beat 2-0 and played wank, and every player that we knew would play shite today funnily enough did play shite. So today Pep fucked up, pure and simple. Just like he did against Lyon. The guy isn’t infallible and is prone to the odd brain fart.

Well done you, finally after 21 games whining about team selection and getting proven wrong, you finally got one right! Put in an application for the manager's position.

I agree with most on here, selection and formation were wrong for this particular game. Take KDB, his passing stats were poor before he had his injury and have been woeful since he came back. However, he has that ability to give us a worldy, which masks his overall performance imo. and when kdb plays Gundog to me seems invisible, doesnt seem to know his position or role which then leaves Rodri exposed.And as for the front / mid press, it wasnt there today.Both goals conceded down our right flank showing that the Cancelo / Mahrez defensive combination doesnt work.
Havent seen post match interviews but has anyone asked Pep why our all time leading goalscorer is on the bench and not used ? It seems that kdb is playing on reputation in the hope that he regains fitness and form, so why isnt that opportunity given to Sergio ? Maybe be on his way imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.