United (H) Post Match Thread

Awful performance but we were due one, to be fair.

What really got me was that their two central defenders and keeper didn’t need to get a sweat on. All of our shots on goal were weak and even the one that hit the bar was lucky to do so.

They looked the more likely to score a third and forth so we might have got off lightly.

Hopefully, we have got it out of our system now.

It used to be said about City fans that it didn’t matter where we finished in the league as long as we beat United. Sadly that mentality exists in some quarters. Some of the shit on this thread particular about Pep is beyond embarrassment.

It was one of those days. The team selection was wrong but I trust Pep’s reasons for it. Maybe they were political and he was looking at the bigger picture. More significantly; everything that could go wrong did do. Their goals were lucky, we had no luck in front of goal. We weren’t at our best for a couple of short periods, maybe rattled by their goals, but they never opened us up or got on top and we totally bossed 3/4 of the game.

These games happen every single year and in the past have seen us knocked out of the champions league. Sod’s law has dictated that United have had a few against us recently.

The good news is that it didn’t happen in a big knockout game as it has in the last three champions league big games. Shrug it off and judge this season at its glorious end.

Fine margins really, Rodri's brilliant shot goes in instead of hitting the post/bar and then Foden and Sterling bury their very buryable chances and its a different story. Did their 600 million pound team have four shots on goal and got two goals. Also when was our last penalty against them, Ohhh Curley Whirly?

It used to be said about City fans that it didn’t matter where we finished in the league as long as we beat United. Sadly that mentality exists in some quarters. Some of the shit on this thread particular about Pep is beyond embarrassment.

It was one of those days. The team selection was wrong but I trust Pep’s reasons for it. Maybe they were political and he was looking at the bigger picture. More significantly; everything that could go wrong did do. Their goals were lucky, we had no luck in front of goal. We weren’t at our best for a couple of short periods, maybe rattled by their goals, but they never opened us up or got on top and we totally bossed 3/4 of the game.

These games happen every single year and in the past have seen us knocked out of the champions league. Sod’s law has dictated that United have had a few against us recently.

The good news is that it didn’t happen in a big knockout game as it has in the last three champions league big games. Shrug it off and judge this season at its glorious end.
The Pep and KDB stuff is awful...stuff United fans would write except they are blues. I naively thought our fan base was different. We’re not. Even after 21 straight wins nothing changes. Makes you wonder what would make people happy. I suspect typing how they know better. Human nature unfortunately and the ability to only remember the last result let alone performance. There must always be someone to blame rather than praise.

I hope people remember Pep’s teams because we will never see better from another Manager.

The Pep and KDB stuff is awful...stuff United fans would write except they are blues. I naively thought our fan base was different. We’re not. Even after 21 straight wins nothing changes. Makes you wonder what would make people happy. I suspect typing how they know better. Human nature unfortunately and the ability to only remember the last result let alone performance. There must always be someone to blame rather than praise.

I hope people remember Pep’s teams because we will never see better from another Manager.
It’s not just our fanbase mate. Most football fans know fuck all about football.

Over the last five games, our opponents yesterday have had three draws. We've had one loss. In the perspective of the struggle for top four, which is what they're in (and not the title), they've dropped 6 points. That is shit form. We've dropped 3. It's not o.k. to lose to that lot — ever — but it just needs to be said, to keep a bit of perspective.
Back to work on Wednesday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.