United (H) Post Match Thread

Once I saw we were starting with sterling, Mahrez, gundogan and Jesus I knew we'd be lucky to win or even draw. Foden, Silva, Torres and even a not fully fit aguero would have seen a different result.
It's a weird feeling complaining after the run we've had but it's the missed opportunity that's annoying and the predictability of it all.

Looking back how we started this season and where we are now, I am very proud of what this team has done this season, it was not our day and we were very unlucky.

Contrary to what is said here this team really cares about the derby and it's actually part of the reason we underperform against United because of all the pressure the players put on themselves.

The other reason is United accept it we are a superior team, so they will gladly sit back and hoof the ball hoping to get something, although this might work against us or Liverpool but not against the rest of the teams where they have to show something for the 600M they spent, before yesterday they could not a score a goal in their last three games

At the end of the day we are top of the table and this team is building a dynasty let's just enjoy it and onto the next game.
Great post. Footballs about moments and once Gabby gave that penalty away we all knew what the dangers would be. They would sit on that and break with speed and so it proved. You have to give Noddy some credit,once again he' has outfoxed Pep in what seems to be their cup final...bless em. Oh well, plenty to look forward too starting this week against the Saints.

You can carry one of Sterling, Jesus and Mahrez in a big game like that

noway all 3

Bernardo and Foden should have played instead of 2 of them, 100%
Will never understand Pep not starting a local lad in a Manchester derby. Thought he regretted it last time but obviously not. Foden's a big game player and deserved his day.

Think Pep got way too clever yesterday. Surely the way to beat your closest rivals in the title race let alone a derby is to play your best team. Leave the " thinking outside of the box" team selection's to the lower placed teams.

Last edited:
Great post. Footballs about moments and once Gabby gave that penalty away we all knew what the dangers would be. They would sit on that and break with speed and so it proved. You have to give Noddy some credit,once again he' has outfoxed Pep in what seems to be their cup final...bless em. Oh well, plenty to look forward too starting this week against the Saints.
Yeah If that means that Ole can keep his job for another blank season because he won a game against City that can be our silver lining.

Last edited:
Cold light of day.
It’s hard to believe your a City fan if you are not utterly pissed off with yesterday.
Certain players were abject yet today they remain our players.
We all agree about the line up and performance being way below expectations.
Some of our fans have been really caustic about Pep with others more tolerant.
We can’t all have the same opinion but FFS why cant our fans actually RESPECT another’s difference without being disrespectful?
I for one fecking hate that.

Cold light of day.
It’s hard to believe your a City fan if you are not utterly pissed off with yesterday.
Certain players were abject yet today they remain our players.
We all agree about the line up and performance being way below expectations.
Some of our fans have been really caustic about Pep with others more tolerant.
We can’t all have the same opinion but FFS why cant our fans actually RESPECT another’s difference without being disrespectful?
I for one fecking hate that.
I can respect the difference of opinion but the shift in mentality on the forum if we do not win or, perish the thought if we lose, is too extreme for me. Members who have held an opinion about a player since their first sight of them immediately use the negative match result to criticise the player having been silent on the player during the winning run.
We are all pissed off with a loss, especially to United, but to once again start condemning players as shite, when they are patently world-class, is utter nonsense and not the actions of a supporter, in my view.

I think the right side was a problem - Cancleo, KdB and Mahrez are all good players but we really needed either Walker in there as a dedicated defender or Bernardo's energy to cover ground and close down spaces. Our players also needed to be ready for whatever got thrown at them from the off. United started strongly and it looked like our players were shocked by that

Penandes is auctioning his derby winning shirt for good causes , the match ball is being presented to Children in Need ,Saint Marcus's boots are contributing to another million school meals.
Apparently the Dippers are their arch rivals , and yet when they beat us their momentos are feeding the world and curing global poverty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.