United (H) Post Match Thread

There's a big difference between best XI and best team for me, the team he picked might be the best XI on paper, but the team lacked pace, guile, and energy, only injected when Walker and Foden came on.

Despite all that we had enough of everything else to negate the errors and still win the match, and I think that is what frustrates us the most.
Spot on

We have to select the best team for the opponent we are playing

This is why I was so pissed off yesterday as we all knew how the Rags would play with speed up front and we keep the fastest defender in England on the bench

We also needed to press from the front and that’s Phil and Bernardo all day long

People lose their heads when we lose and all the more so when we lose a Derby.

The fact remains that very often when we lose, we have dominated the game in terms of possession shots for and against etc, but we have fucked up in a few key moments. We have dramatically reduced the cock-ups and that's why we are 11 points clear.

The level of concentration required is tough and we have had one or two lapses recently so that laser focus needs to come back but shit will still happen; let's hope it is avoided in cup games.

As to team selection, I wonder if in Pep's head that was his current best XI? I'd beg to differ but a brief look through that best XI thread shows how divergent views are on that.
That would be a big fucking fear.

So frustrating but shouldn’t affect our league season.

However for me this encapsulated why we havent won CL yet. And the manner in which we havent.

Our consistency will always give us a brilliant chance of winning the league and our quality gets us through plenty of rounds of cup competitions when things go our way.

But we really struggle to overcome shocks in big games. Its almost like we went behind so early and unexpectedly we didnt know how to react.

So frustrating but shouldn’t affect our league season.

However for me this encapsulated why we havent won CL yet. And the manner in which we havent.

Our consistency will always give us a brilliant chance of winning the league and our quality gets us through plenty of rounds of cup competitions when things go our way.

But we really struggle to overcome shocks in big games. Its almost like we went behind so early and unexpectedly we didnt know how to react.
That depends how big a game you consider it actually was. I suspect Pep looks at the bigger picture and actually saw it as just another league game in a season which we’ve already won the league.

Luckily Pep doesn’t suffer from Likkle City syndrome.

Ive quite enjoyed over the last few days looking down my nose at United fans and asking if they enjoyed their cup final victory and telling them i remember when the derby was the biggest game of our season.

Exactly! It is a role reversal we as fans could have only dreamed about 15 years ago.

Were the dominant force in English football, compete for every trophy, to the latter stages, have the best manager in world football and yet some of our fans still cannot see the big picture.

Exactly! It is a role reversal we as fans could have only dreamed about 15 years ago.

Were the dominant force in English football, compete for every trophy, to the latter stages, have the best manager in world football and yet some of our fans still cannot see the big picture.
This is the post match thread to be fair. What do you expect City fans to be discussing in here?

can you imagine if we lose on wednesday this place will go into meltdown.i just hope the rag result dosnt knock our confidence and we start slowing things down too much,i think bernie and foden plus walker need to start.walker is our best right back cancelo can rotate with zinch but we need his pace

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.