United (H) Post Match Thread

Wrong, just wrong. You don't have a 130 year rivalry with a team down the road and say it's not a must-win game. Maybe just maybe if like we had the CL final at the weekend or something, but even then. EVERY derby is a must-win game and I am gutted Pep just doesn't seem to get that.

Ruined my weekend and most of the week this has, as it does every time we lose against those twats.

No. You are wrong. In Peps eyes it was not a must win game. He will just see it as another loss on the way to another title.

Swap him for another coach if you want and he’ll go somewhere else and win titles without caring who the opposition where on the rare occasions he dropped points on his way to winning that title.

That is how he is. Annoying for derby results. Good for the trophy cabinet.

To encourage the doom & gloom posters, both Southampton and Fulham are on winning streaks.

I'm so disappointed. To give up a goal so early and all that meant their tails were up. Cant do that at this level even against that bang average outfit. But should have at leastvequakised before half time and when that didnt come Pep should have re thought things. He thought up the starting line up but didnt re think the plan when losing and it's a mentality thing that is. He has no plan B. None. That's been his failing throughout his career. Its always been the lack of reaction during a game that's his Achilles heel. We were calling for him to change it but he didnt . He sticks the what he knows to the letter of his law. United came with a plan and stuck to it and it came off. We stuck to our own predictable plan and yes we could have scored but it was never going to be enough.
When we are losing we simply do not have the maturity to step up a gear.

Lots of comments re the team selection. I think we need to bear in mind that our game plan went out the window within a minute thanks to Jesus. He single-handedly cost us today.

I think Pep is too stubborn to make changes, which is his biggest flaw in my view. However, we controlled the first half despite being behind for 45 minutes of it. It’s difficult to play your game when you spend the entirety of the match chasing for an equaliser, especially when you’re down by 2.

Notice the regression in Gundo since Kev came back in?

He isn't getting closer to goal anymore because he is basically running back in to try and help Rodri out because De Bruyne has lost the ball again.

Felt sorry for Rodri and Gundo today, both had plenty of effort.

They need a pair of legs around them and Pep isn't giving it to them.

Said this 2 weeks ago just because KDB is allegedly “fit” why the fuck should Silva and Foden lose their places, why the fuk does that useless shit Sterling be allowed to steal a living has baffled me for over 12 months. If reputations secure your place once available how the fuck does the greatest goal scorer in the history of our club let alone the EPL sit on the bench whilst that other charlatan “Jesus ” start ahead of him, and worse still doesn’t get on the pitch

KDB below par today. That said, team selection wrong from outset. Foden instead of KDB. Seems to me he is carrying an injury. Aguero should have replaced Jesus, not Walker when you need to score a goal, or two. Losing is one thing, it’s the manner of the defeat that bothers me. We were shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.