United (H) Post Match Thread

Positives -KDB got another 90 min in his legs to build up his match fitness although he did have a poor game overall.Very flat performance but not that important after the run and lead we have in the league,reminds me of when we beat them 4-1,it’s their cup final and keeps the postman in a job until the end of the season at least.

Posters can blame everyone and everything. But we had over 20 shots on goal If few clear cut chances. Every supporter knows we have no out and out goalscorer on the pitch at the moment and clearly Sergio is not currently the answer. Others have now consistently proven they cannot step up when really needed. United had a game plan and we allowed them to execute it with the early gift. But good teams rebound back. We need to lose 4 in 10 games and United need a perfect finish. Does anyone really imagine this will happen. I do agree with most posters that sometimes Peps team selections are baffling. Foden and Bernie were well rested and should have started. Only Pep knows the answer here and in him I trust.
This feels like past seasons where the Utd machine suffered a blip and were occasionally beaten by City playing what really was their cup final. The joy from the win soon evaporated when Utd went on to win the league. It will be no different for us this season. Keep the faith.

Sterling 23 games without scoring against them, a very good reason not to pick him for these games. He can come out of Wan Bisakas pocket now
He was poor in front of goal, but I thought Sterling did quite well against Wan Bissaka. Certainly in the second half. The 23 games thing is definitely a mental block.

21 wins on the bounce, romping away with the PL, one foot in the CL quarter finals, in the league cup final and FA cup quarter finals..

Why then does it all feel a bit shit at the moment ?

That first twenty minutes cost us the game. Yes, the team selection was poor, and Silva and Foden should definitely have started, with Walker at right-back to counter their pace, but I still think there was enough there to have won, or at least not play as badly. The early penalty knocked us out of our stride and it played right into their counter attacks as we tried to get quickly back into the game.

The winning run should be enough to win us the title, but Pep has some big decisions to make regarding team selection. We looked better in the games without De Bruyne, and Sterling is only playing on reputation at the moment, he's been off the boil for a while.

We got got out of the slump at the start of the season by ditching inverted wingers and playing Bernardo; somehow with Mahrez hitting form and KDB back, we've drifted back in to it. For me, that wasn't our best team selection - it's the derby ffs Pep

Piss poor from Pep today, feared the worst as soon as the teams were announced. Bernardo, Foden and Walker had to start for Mahrez, Sterling and Zinchenko.

Playing without a striker for the last half an hour 2 down at home is criminal when Aguero is sat on the bench, actually felt sorry for him watching Sterling fluff chance after chance. Playing a guy with such a terrible derby record is truly baffling. No respect shown for the game today, piss poor management from Pep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.