United (H) Post Match Thread

I was alright with the team selection tonight. I would have preferred Phil and Bernardo but there is no fucking way some of those players should have performed that badly. Sterling had his usual derby performance and De Bruyne had looked like me playing 5 a side since he came back from injury. Our captain should be the most embarrassed by that match because I'm really struggling to find the words to describe how shit he was.
No way was I ok with it. Walker should play who against a team with pace and strong left and Cancelo should have played LB. Any one out of the front 3 were dubious selections when the likes of Foden and Bernardo are available and would have given more effort.

Thirty major trophies playing the most attractive football on the planet - I don't think Pep has any football
lessons to learn from any understandably distraught fans who post comments on forms like this.
And neither does Pep's superb record mean he is infallible or that he never gets it wrong.

The evolution of this side isnt finished, next season will be Pep's City mk2

New CF mainly, I also believe that we will witness a fully settled Torres to start challenging Sterling for his place- and possibly removing him as a nailed on starter

Pep’s favouritism to Kev and Sterling is extremely annoying.
Agreed. More so Kevin than Sterling, Anytime KDB is out injured and as soon as he is back is gets straight back into the team it's ridiculous.
We have all been watching Gundogan best form in a City shirt since he has joined whilst KDB was out, No he is gone back to his old role with KDB being back and making Gundogan and Rodri look like shit. We are at are best when Bernardo Silva starts in midfield ahead of KDB.

The truth is, this result has been coming. We were poor against West Ham and were complacent as fuck against Wolves only for a late flurry.

De Bruyne coming back has a lot to do with this. Why he's being shoehorned into the team to the detriment of everyone else when Aguero can't get a game because he "can't press" is beyond me.

We had a sensational balance and run of results where we looked like untouchable champions with Bernardo, Foden and Gundogan interchanging in central positions yet we've binned that the last few weeks since De Bruyne is back and have been scraping wins again. We look back to our pre-Christmas selves.

Absolutely love Kev but have to agree, and today was clearly not up to the task

Calmed down now, so I can put things into perspective in my head.
Today was just one of those games, unfortunatly it was against the rags. Some poor performances today by Jesus, Debruyne, Sterling and Pep. Should have bought Foden and Bernardo on as soon as it went 2 0, but Foden should have started, thought he was being kept fresh in the last 3 games. And the choice to put Sterling up top after Jesus had come off was poor, no goals in 22 against them speak for itself and it showed in those 2 horrendous misses. May aswell have bought Aguero on.
Terrible penalty to give away after 38 seconds left us with a handicap. And some of our shots in other matches find the bottom corner, but today went straight at the goalie.
On the plus side Dias and Stones in particular did nothing wrong, neither did Zin or Rodri, they all had good games.
But ultimatly this is just a blip in a brilliant season where we are going to win the league at a canter. A season that I had writen off back in December. So I am not going to be the least bit upset going to sleep tonight.

Last edited:
Absolutely shocking.

Rodri, Gundogan, Bernardo, Foden, Jesus and Sterling literally put us in this position. They have put us ahead in the league by a ridiculous amount of points.

We were genuinely in a position where we could keep playing that team and look to sweep it all but we have to fuck it all up and immediately force De Bruyne back in to the team and constantly favour Riyad fucking Mahrez’s ego.

I’m happy to say it, De Bruyne is a fucking problem. He’s an individual, and he actually makes Gundogan worse.

Team has gone from looking like a hurricane that can destroy anyone 5,6 or 7 nil to looking flat, turgid, absolutely shite. Just like the start of the season when, shock-horror, the personnel was the same.

We’re throwing away the chance of greatness, and we’ll stumble to the premier league title. All to favour a couple of egos. All self inflicted. It’s going to be a laughable wet fart end of a season compared to what could have been.

Didn’t even force a single good chance. Said in the pre-match thread;

Must play Bernardo, he fucking hates rags and dippers and plays like 10 men.

I don’t care what Pep has done or won, you have to be thick to not have fucking seen it.

Fucking embarrassing what this Gollum **** has done to us.
Rodri and Cancelo gave the ball away cheaply all night as did KDB
jesus contributed nothing for us but big player for them
Sterling was wank, his finishing was appalling and Mahrez was not much better.
Worst has got to be Cancelo giving the ball away and being unable to even make an attempt to catch Fatty Shaw....now that is embarrasing !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.