United (H) Post Match Thread

Look this isn't difficult. He's on the bench because the best manager in club football, who's seen him play every day since he finally returned, thinks he's done, and can't help us even when we need a goal.
Oh look, let’s go back to the “best manager in club football can’t be wrong” line. Even you should know you’re talking shit when you revert to that line. Hahaha.

yes and benching them for a few games would do no harm in giving them a reality check
Sterling has been poor since November 2019, when Southgate dropped him for none footballing matters. He should be nowhere near the starting line up now the season is approaching the pointy end.
An amateur footballer would be embarrassed to miss the sitters he does, but that's not the only part of his game that is awry.

They didn't and they weren't. Fuck all was riding on this gami

They didn't and they weren't. Fuck all was riding on this game
Fuck all on the game, true. But
Everyone is saying the team selection was wrong. I totally disagree. A few factors lead to us losing today:

1) KDB was out of form. If he was in form it would have changed the game. He is still coming back from the injury

2) Early Penalty could have been avoided and we could have won if we had scored first.

3) Man United defended very well and in numbers cause they know we can hurt them badly.

4) Gundogan should have burried some of his chances but seems a bit rusty in the final 3rd. Mind you he just came back from an injury

Second half Pep could have changed it around with Bernardo, Foden and Walker. He did bring on Foden and Walker but he wanted to keep trying with KDB.

KDB will come back for sure

We will go back to winning ways I am sure of it, just a bad and unlucky day at the office today.
Your argument fails at 1. We can't carry a single player in our system. Otherwise we'd have been playing Aguero back in.

Even early on it was clear that we needed the energy of Bernardo and Foden. Hard to adjust to the idea that sometimes we are just better when De Bruyne isn't on the pitch at the moment.

Onwards and upwards, lads!

Total shite. Embarrassing performance.

De Bruyne looks like a square peg in a round hole in the team - Gundogan is a better fit, Bernardo is a better fit, Foden is a better fit. Even David Silva would still be a better fit in this team.

De Bruyne a poor fit, Jesus clumsy, and Sterling spineless... None of them should be regulars in the team at the moment - We were three men short today

At what point did Pep realise that we were playing shit? After the game?

I am completely fucked off tonight. The only good thing about the game was that I wasn't able to go in the ground to witness yet another capitulation to those twats.

I wont go as far to say we played shit with the amount of possession but it wasnt as good as it could be and we were clearly missing a goal scorer today. Team selection wasnt right and today reminded me of the Lyon game which is concerning tbh.

I’m not worried about the result as I have said numerous times in this thread, I think we are nailed onto win it.. as are the bookies with some still offering 100-1 on the rags even after today!

But.. Kev is concerning me. People can moan about Raz and FFS all they want but they have been part of our dominance these past few months. Kev has not. In fact our most narrow and unconvincing victories have coincided with his return to the team.

We have massively changed how we play during that period and our in game management and control seems to have gone out of the window with his return. Rodri whilst still being consistently great is definitely not getting on the ball quite as much and acting as a metronome as Kevs rushed risk taking is fucking that shit up.

I worry we may balls up the CL in the late stages instead of preserving with what was was working very well for us and what ultimately looked like our answer to that particular competition. Solidity and complete control.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.