United (H) Post Match Thread

I just hate losing to those twats.
I just hate losing to those twats.

11 points in front
21 games winning run

It still hurts though and always will

I was born to bleed blue and hate the Rags

I despise the dippers but could never buy into anything other than hating the Rags with a passion

The banner, the nursery rhymes the use of Manchester in their name, their greatest club ever, 20 fucking times, the arrogance of their whole fucking club

The main reason I think so many of us are pissed off with pep is that we have been here before. last season with Lyon and at the start of this campaign. He found a solution and once individual players came back he broke up the rhythm. He choose individual talent above the team today IMO. The run was coming to an end and we have started to struggle again. Play the false 9, start Bernie and Foden drop Kev and put Gundo back into the 8. Madness pep absolute madness to change a winning formula injuries permitting. Humble pie needed and get the strongest team out each week. We could see a collapse this season.

Okay deep breaths I've had time to calm down but I'm still angry. Before I begin yes I know we've had a magnificent run, yes I know we beat Liverpool for the first time in years, although so is everyone else at the minute and yes I know the run had to end sometime. However......

Hands up who didn't look at that line up and get an uneasy feeling? That midfield for a derby?? No real pace, stamina, fight or legs and so it proved. Sterling and Jesus have never scored against the rags and after today you can see why. We fucked about getting a centre half forever and we lost a season because of it. We have done the same with a decent 25-30 goal powerful striker and it is costing us. Not so much in the run of the mill games but in big games, especially the champions league knockout stages. We need an alternate to a load of lightweight midgets who need five chances to score one, if they're lucky.

Onto the game. Less than two minutes in and a shocking slack idiotic passage of play and we're a goal down. Cancello.....get that throw in down the line! Instead he throws a high difficult to control aimless ball into a dangerous area. Jesus loses it then chases back and makes the sort of challenge he does at the other end. Now that's fine at the other end but not in our fucking box, pulling and hacking away like a fucking Sunday league player until job done he fells him and it's a penalty. Utterly criminal. 1-0 down and that plays right into the rags hands and the inevitable happened as we chase the game, they breakaway and score again. Game over. We could still be playing now and not score.

The rags must have looked at that lineup and got a lift. No Silva or Foden pressing and snarling at their heels everywhere. It made their life 50% easier. We face a team with pace on the counter and leave our fastest defender on the bench. Three utterly stupid decisions by Pep.

Now to the real elephant in the room and this isn't going to be popular. KDB. At the moment he isn't worthy of a place in the team. In fact I believe him coming back has disrupted our rhythm and reduced our effectiveness by at least 30%. When he was out we got Gundogan further forward and KDB's place went to either Foden or Silver who did the graft and covering he can't do. It was a revelation, teams couldn't handle it and Gundogan couldn't stop scoring. If Pep wants to shoehorn KDB into the team then he goes on the right alternating with Mahrez . He is costing us at both ends at the moment in the middle

Let's hope we regroup and go on another long winning run picking up all the trophies along the way. I fear however that in crunch games Pep is going to do similar as today and cost us.
Have to agree KDB looks well off the pace... never seen him play a worse game than he has today... of course form is temporary and class is permanent but he should be eased back into it - he was running in treacle for the last 20 mins

How can he get the selection so fucking wrong!

Walker should have started if nothing else. Cancelo was utterly shite against that wing.

Rodri reverted to being shite because the tempo was fast.
KDB is so off the pace it’s worrying. This wasn’t the game to give him a start in.
As for Jesus, today was it for me. I like him but he’s a back up. Nothing more.
Sterling should be fucking embarrassed about his record too and Pep should know not to play him in a derby.

In the grand scheme of things it won’t affect the title race, but enough there to humble talk of champs league.

The main reason I think so many of us are pissed off with pep is that we have been here before. last season with Lyon and at the start of this campaign. He found a solution and once individual players came back he broke up the rhythm. He choose individual talent above the team today IMO. The run was coming to an end and we have started to struggle again. Play the false 9, start Bernie and Foden drop Kev and put Gundo back into the 8. Madness pep absolute madness to change a winning formula injuries permitting. Humble pie needed and get the strongest team out each week. We could see a collapse this season.
Correct

Of course. It’s why he’s the best manager in the world over longer periods of time. It just worries me going into the final CL games that we may leave some of our most in form or consistent performers on the bench and cost ourselves as we have done in the past. If Pep does have a weakness it is in terms of managing these bigger must win fixtures as times.

Does he? If you tot up every "must win" fixture we've played in under Pep, I'd bet we've won 80-90% of them.

But like with the team selections, you ignore the ones we've won and focus on the losses.

He's won 12 out of 13 finals he's managed. Does that sound like a manager who can't manager must win fixtures?

In his first season Kev scored 16 goals playing wide right in the front three. Perhaps he should move back there for a bit.

That's probably his best position for us now. His crosses are more effective than his passes and giving the ball away from that position is less likely to hurt us. It would allow us the play our most effective central 3 of Bernardo, Rodri and Gundogan.

Have to agree KDB looks well off the pace... never seen him play a worse game than he has today... of course form is temporary and class is permanent but he should be eased back into it - he was running in treacle for the last 20 mins
That's why I think KBD shouldnt have played and been saved for Southampton

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.