United (H) - Post Match Thread

The approach that all they need is “good footballers” is what has got them into this mess. They need a good director of football, a cohesive vision, a good manager, a good back room team, a good squad of the right size with no dead wood and a good youth system.

All the things that we have, they haven’t. What they have is money so they can turn it around without going down the divisions like city did on the 80s and 90s but this will take them a lot more money and time. And unless they get the big stuff right, ie the people driving this vision, that could be a significant anount of time.
That's exactly the size of their problem. Everyone knows it and everyone has known it for some years: Manchester United are going backwards and the decline is gathering pace. At the moment they probably are just outside the top 4 but with a fair wind they may just qualify for the CL but what Sunday showed was how poor they are compared to City. I fear their visit to Liverpool will show how far behind the scousers they are. I think they already have the good footballers that Marvin says they need - it's just that they aren't that good, at least not at playing as a team and not at winning football matches. It is certainly hard to see what they saw in Maguire as a footballer that persuaded them to pay £85 million for him but he's not the only one. Keane's point that the players care more about their hair or their boots was perhaps wide of the mark and too bitterly sarcastic but he has a point - most of those players are in the team for reasons other than football. And this is truest of the oldest swinger in town. And it is some time since a manager - interim or otherwise - has been chosen purely to build a winning team. But this is Manchester United we're talking about! The worst indictment now is that we all know the shambles we are talking about - it is those associated with OT who have no idea what their club actually is. No club has a right to win trophies, but when it does everything wrong it will struggle to stay 5th.

They've actually become what they claimed we'd be when the money first come in. An arrogant bunch of mercenaries.

As you say they've gone around throwing cash thinking that this would simply fix the issue. There's been no strategy, no idea, no style of play in mind when signing these players. It's simply been about selling shirts or clicks via social media.

I genuinely don't see how it can be fixed by just adding a new manager. If you are Ten Hag, would you want to go there? You've got players constantly leaking, influences off the pitch pushing for signings. It's a basket case of a club that needs a major overhaul.

If you contrast with what City do, it's careful, if we can't sign a player we don't panic and sign somebody else. There's always a strategy.
Dead right. It's a point that the daft reactionaries on here should bear in mind when they start spouting rubbish if we happen to lose a game. "wE shOulD haVe boUgHt a sTriKer". Who? Danny Ings? Billy Sharp?

There is no "United Way" any more but there is certainly a "City Way" and exactly as you say, it's to not buy anybody unless they fit the bill 100% in terms in need, ability and character. That's why we've got practically every one of our big name signings right in the Pep era and now fully integrated members of the squad, and they've got a bunch of whinging charlies, a load of dead wood and no spine.

I've been rooting around for stuff on the excellent 'Not in my life time' banner and it seems the Government slapped a D notice banning iton it with little mention at all or comments like 'a City fan went too far'.
So it's interesting to see this headline from the Right Herbert in the so called Independent.
"United Manager Delivers Perfect Piece of Theatre to Dismiss Rivals'.
What a load of old balls from Herbert and those creeps removing references freely made by the load mouthed, softarsed piss head.
Also interesting to see the Herbert has not matured or even improved in the last 13 years.

I'll show you disrespect you bunch of cry baby rag Muppets! No suffering and piss taking is too strong for you. Never forgive, never forget

View attachment 38107
Sunday night in the pub was sat with a few reds. Ok ok i know but they are pals.

one said us singing all the sings in the ground (tearing cockneys apart etc) over the speakers at the end and generally taking the piss was bitter and obsessive and a little disrespectful. I mentioned the above banner, he said that was just banter …..

oh how we laughed

Sunday night in the pub was sat with a few reds. Ok ok i know but they are pals.

one said us singing all the sings in the ground (tearing cockneys apart etc) over the speakers at the end and generally taking the piss was bitter and obsessive and a little disrespectful. I mentioned the above banner, he said that was just banter …..

oh how we laughed
Haha they love to give it out but can’t take it. Typical rags

Last edited:
Their goal was madness from us , wide open in the middle and they passed straight through it ! The dippers will kill us if we do that
I said before the Rags game the cream will rise to the top and we will win 4-1 As for the dippers we will win 3-1. KEEP THE FAITH

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.