United (H) - Post Match Thread

The approach that all they need is “good footballers” is what has got them into this mess. They need a good director of football, a cohesive vision, a good manager, a good back room team, a good squad of the right size with no dead wood and a good youth system.

All the things that we have, they haven’t. What they have is money so they can turn it around without going down the divisions like city did on the 80s and 90s but this will take them a lot more money and time. And unless they get the big stuff right, i.e. the people driving this vision, that could be a significant amount of time.
So. apart from all that DD........ they're in decent shape then ;-)

Utd are doing just fine as they are.
They absolutely lucked out on a generation of homegrown players at the same time they had a top manager and Premier league funded cash to fill in the blanks with top players. Their spend was comparatively v high even though they didn’t have to pay for half the team.

those conditions are gone now, so back to normality. They’ve only had 2 mgrs who’ve won the very big cups

The approach that all they need is “good footballers” is what has got them into this mess. They need a good director of football, a cohesive vision, a good manager, a good back room team, a good squad of the right size with no dead wood and a good youth system.

All the things that we have, they haven’t. What they have is money so they can turn it around without going down the divisions like city did on the 80s and 90s but this will take them a lot more money and time. And unless they get the big stuff right, ie the people driving this vision, that could be a significant anount of time.
Agree mate, it wont improve for them until they realise that it is going to take time to build, problem is that their fans want it yesterday and it just isn't going to happen.

Lovin' it ;)

Rashford runs down a blind alley on 70 minutes with no support, and doesn’t even get a shot away although 10 yards from goal. On 73 minutes, Mahrez shoots - right-footed - and De Gea turns it away for a corner. In between, City kept the ball, almost exclusively on the floor, for a mesmerising, olé-inducing, bewildering, and bordering-on-the-shithousing 51 passes. I could watch that again and again. Think I will…

Well he isn't because you know him and you are discussing him. Better to regard him as someone who is using Man Utd to make money for himself at the expense of the club.

They are all trying to monetise the football club but why not when the big players do the same thing? They feed Utd fan opinion nd I've watched some of it and it's very hostile towards their players particularly Rashford and Maguire
Now where have I heard that before mmmm ?

Watched the full 90 again last night, we actually turned the ball over more than I remembered but they weren't good enough to capitalize. It's my only concern going into the Liverpool game, we know they'll press like hell for the first half hour and we need to try and reduce those turnovers 30 yards from our own goal.

I think they'll target Cancelo.

They absolutely lucked out on a generation of homegrown players at the same time they had a top manager and Premier league funded cash to fill in the blanks with top players. Their spend was comparatively v high even though they didn’t have to pay for half the team.

those conditions are gone now, so back to normality. They’ve only had 2 mgrs who’ve won the very big cups

its three but i take your point

Could have been so different if Moyes would have kept on Phelan they could have been a virtually seamless transition from the GPC. Obviously some rebuilding was required and a couple of trophy less seasons was inevitable but no one at the club was prepared to accept that. In pursuit of instant success they went from manager to manager getting worse and worse. Their definition of disaster is different from ours, theirs is failing to qualify for the champions league ours is multiple relegations. All I can say is thank god they f**k*d it up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.