United (H) | Post Match Thread

Oh I just had a memory, there was a moment at 1-0, I'm pretty sure, where either Walker or Akanji belted it back at Ederson at knee height and Eddie had to nip across and boot it out for a throw on the volley. I couldn't see from my angle; was it going in? How do you watch the full game again?
It wasn’t going in, but was going out for a corner.

The weird one for me was Gungogan’s chip back in the second half with a weird trajectory. Not sure why Ederson decided to try to take the skin off the ball clearing that one.

Have you ever witnessed a match before ,when 2 players scored hatricks and so many fans thought another player was MotM. For me it was Bernie, he ran and ran and never gave up. Hes like that little bastard yorkshire terrier your great aunt had that never stopped biting your ankles when you visited her
That makes me better than McThugamy then because, I managed to get a couple of sly digs in on my Aunt’s little mithering twat!

Our last goal, it's 2 attackers against 6 defenders, and they still score. And don't even really have to do anything all that special to do it. They really are dogshit.

That first half is the best we have played this season. I thought a number of players deserve a mention

Erling is just wow
Phil is an exceptionally technical player that could play virtually every position with the exception of centre back , right back and goalkeeper. He should be looking at more than 20 goals this season
Jack played particularly well. If only he had shot from Erling's pass. More of this please
Bernardo was everywhere
Akanji was like Kompany. A bargain at £15mm

Whilst not disagreeing, ferguson and charlton had lived in manchester for x amount of years, were probably very settled here, kids live here, grandkids etc. nit sure theyd want to fuck off back to glasgow/north east.
Charlton fell out with his whole family anyway and never spoke to them because his missus was so stuck up

Well that was a joy to behold.

At 4-0 up watching the best football I have ever witnessed, I was offering thanks to my Dad who 52 years ago, with very little interest in football, decided to take his three young sons to Maine Road. I think it was about spending time with us and giving Mum some space - but there were plenty of other ways we could have done that and if we had, perhaps we wouldn't have caught the bug for City, and live football, or if we had we would have done it without Dad. But for 45 years that is what we did together. He hasn't managed to go for a while, watched it from home and then when dementia took hold forgot how much he enjoyed it.

I'm writing this from beside his bed in a hospital side room. Taking my turn to be with him through the evening and night - perhaps our last time together (but I thought that when I left him yesterday evening and he's still breathing away) But yesterday we had a problem - match or no match? which of us (if any) should go? But his eldest grandchildren told us to clear off, they would sit with him and we should be together watching City - just like he started 50 years ago.

So what a joy! To watch this team alongside my brothers whilst giving thanks to the man who landed us with them. Even in these moments, life is good!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.