United (H) | Post Match Thread

…deserves its own thread.

I remember the 90s Derbies vividly. Couple of Pyrrhic draws, but on the whole, wank. And I remember them regularly coming to Maine Road and dominating us. They were so much better.

But nothing remotely like that first 45 minutes.

We were like a tsunami. We absolutely destroyed them.

What a half!
It reminded me a little of when we got twatted all over the park by arsenal at maine road under joe royal, pretty sure it was 4-0 by half time that game. You just realised you were playing against a ridiculous team. We were even better than that today, and it was against united. Tremendous.

Fair point but honestly…who can beat you, other than yourselves?
You have answered your own question there. Some of us of a certain vintage know the potential to find a way is always there. Admittedly it does not occur as frequently as it did in the past but as per @twosips earlier post, it still rears it's head.

It reminded me a little of when we got twatted all over the park by arsenal at maine road, pretty sure it was 4-0 by half time that game. You just realised you were playing against a ridiculous team. We were even better than that today, and it was against united. Tremendous.
Think this group of players is probably at its peak this season.

I know we’d all love a 9-0 or even another 6-1 (we’ll give Anthony his moment) but I’m actually sensing from the reactions afterwards that it’s even more humiliating for them, knowing that we don’t really care about their two late goals. They know, we deep down know and the world knows we spanked them.
When Anthony scored we just upped it and scored two. Game over. Pep then went into experimentation mode as he does sometimes. The game was never in jeopardy and he learns more about the squad this way.

The real humiliation is that they were played off the park and then had time to turn the last 15 mins into a training exercise. We can score goals. Pep knows this and also knows we have sloppiness to work on.
At the end of the day. You only get 3 points. Move on to the next 3.

…deserves its own thread.

I remember the 90s Derbies vividly. Couple of Pyrrhic draws, but on the whole, wank. And I remember them regularly coming to Maine Road and dominating us. They were so much better.

But nothing remotely like that first 45 minutes.

We were like a tsunami. We absolutely destroyed them.

What a half!
Best 45 mins I have seen from us for a while. The movement, the slick one touch passing and finishing especially from Haaland was lovely to watch. We ripped them to pieces and it should have been 6 at half time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.