United (H) | Post Match Thread

we got 3 hattricks in one game int eh 10-1 vs huddersfield (White, Adcock and Stewart) but thats not what you were asking
No disrespect as you sort of answered it in your post anyway, but what the fuck point was your reply?

You have answered your own question there. Some of us of a certain vintage know the potential to find a way is always there. Admittedly it does not occur as frequently as it did in the past but as per @twosips earlier post, it still rears it's head.

Its going to be a funny season with the World Cup in the middle…God only knows what impact that will have, especially if key players are injured

That's precisely why I was disappointed at the end of the match.

If we'd started the second half at even 50% of the standard of the first, we'd have been 6 or 7 up and out of sight by the hour mark. It should have been 10.

We were magnificent, both on the pitch and in the stands. Beyond anything that anyone could have expected.

Truly, the best team in the land and all the world.
I take from the tone and content of your post that you’re no longer disappointed!

That’s simply not correct. Not tight AND even. Plenty of close results where they absolutely battered us. 1996 being one. And the time when they came back from 2-0 down to win via Keane - in 1993. They were far superior that day. On the pitch and mentally.

I assume the ‘bar 1 game’ you’re referring to is when they beat us 3-0 under Horton. They were all over us that day. Embarrassingly so.
We battered them first half with 2 quin goals.

1996 we were pushing for the win, Curle missed a header, Giggs scored a long shot. Both 3-2s we could have won. Quinn said of the the second, we had themin the palm of our hands then let them win.

View attachment 57248

Isn't that a fantastic picture?
Some quality in that picture

I'm actually running out of superlatives for our squad.

Just watch Foden today, you might not appreciate how good he is because he makes it look so simple.

His awkward positioning for his first but slammed it home

The take of the ball and positioning to then slam home in the blink of an eye for his last.

To put in perspective, think of Rashford today, ball bouncing off everywhere and giving it away when he did manage to have it under control!

It's always the way you can't expect the players to maintain that first half intensity for 90 mins. Thankfully we justified that powerful half with 4 goals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.