United (H) - Sun 2nd Oct, 14:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, can't stand it. In a perverse way, they were almost (repeat for the hard of hearing, ALMOST) easier to deal with when we were shit. We didn't expect anything other than a defeat, so when it duly arrived, we were mentally prepared for it. Now, we're favourites going into the games, and the recent defeats we've suffered to them (particularly at our place) have been really hard to accept. That 2-3 in the Centurions season was a real kick in the bollocks.

Nail on the head that Jim ! Like you say, that 3-2 from 2-0 and the chance to win the league against the twats was proper typical city! Should have been 4 or 5 up as well but for sterling

The Oliver then. Who else?
From memory, Oliver was the ref last March. And most on here (including you, I presume?) reckon he's got utd DNA running through him. We still somehow managed to scrape a 4-1 win over them, though. VAR even overturned an offside call to award us the 4th goal. Imagine that. If we turn up, and bring our B (at a minimum) game to the table, we win. They're nowhere near us in quality. If we have an off day, though, then yes; they could win. Silly to totally rule that scenario out. Hopefully, our lads come through these bloody internationals unscathed.

Yep, can't stand it. In a perverse way, they were almost (repeat for the hard of hearing, ALMOST) easier to deal with when we were shit. We didn't expect anything other than a defeat, so when it duly arrived, we were mentally prepared for it. Now, we're favourites going into the games, and the recent defeats we've suffered to them (particularly at our place) have been really hard to accept. That 2-3 in the Centurions season was a real kick in the bollocks.
The first half of that game we were all over them and should have put the game so far out of their reach that they still wouldn't have recovered today. It was a farce that we lost that game. They will sit back and catch us on the break like a few teams do. I feel we need to stuff them, put them, and their backside kissers in the press, back in their box.

I've always hated Derby day, I think it just brings back memories pre-takeover when they used to beat us. Even though I know the tables have turned, I get churned still.

I fully, fully expect them to go at us like they did against Liverpool. I watched that game and United were full on blood and guts with the long ball for Rashford to run on to. Liverpool were nowhere near their best, but should've won the game comfortably.

I just hope we go into the game and take it seriously. We've threatened so many times over the last few years to hand out a proper beating and it would be good to give it to them. I hope we don't get any nonsense line-ups from Pep, just our best players in their best positions.

I expect us to win though. I do think in time Ten Haag will do a decent job there, but the football he wants to play, he can't play. Putting De Gea on a massive contract means they can't sell him, or drop him. Of all their players, he's the one who's clueless when playing it out from the back. Press him and we'll disrupt their play.

It will be interesting to see what they do about Haaland. That midget they paid over the odds for will no doubt try to kick him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.