United (H) - Sun 6th March, 16:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every year at home against these in recent times we like shooting ourselves in the foot. We go throwing the kitchen sink at them from the first whistle and leave ourselves exposed at the back to counter attacks.
We should do what we do at the swamp take a more relaxed approach, The first 10-15 minutes play our own game in possession and of we lose it get everyone behind the ball and the fuckers haven't a clue what to do with it, As the game goes on we'll take over and create chances and it's up the us to find the net.
Last thing we need is a typical counter attack and fund ourselves behind chasing the game against these cunts.
Don't get mr wrong they are fucking shit but they do have a good record at our place.

We have definitely left ourselves open to counter attacks against them but our big problem the last two meetings was giving them early goals. They’ve won the last two home derbies with early penalties. If they’re in front we’re chasing and leaving gaps. This season our 2 home defeats came after conceding early. So we really, really can’t afford to let them score early.

The fact that this is a must win helps as usually when it matters we perform. I have no doubt that if he’s fit Sterling starts which is a concern as for some reason he’s utterly woeful against united and has never scored against them.

I’d love to see Mahrez, Foden and KDB as our front three and bring back the Gundogan, Rodri and Bernardo axis that worked so well last season. This should be a game for Walker’s pace against Sancho and Rashford. No doubt Sancho’s return to City will feature heavily in the build up.

I think Laporte is def starting this one, Pep really likes the balance he brings and i think him and Ruben have played well (Spurs aside). Depending on whether Walker is ok or not, we could see Stones at RB again as well. I do prefer the Ruben & Stones partnership though, they have a strong bond and just seem to get their bodies in front of everything.

I think he'll go with

Ederson

Walker (if avail) - Dias - Laporte - Cancelo

Rodri

KDB - Bernardo

Mahrez - Foden - Sterling
Sorry if I’m being thick but why wouldn’t Walker be available? He was suspended last wasn’t he?

Only 1 win at home in 6 games against these raggy bastards during Pep's tenure is a diabolical return which needs addressing on Sunday. He has seen them as just three points since he arrived and I can see why as they are generally shite, but to us fans it is so much more than that. It's high time he understood.

The fact we've got pgmol's star pupil 'officiating' in this game so soon after the world and his dog have been spewing bile due to us getting nothing more than a slightly fortunate decision against Everton fills me with dread. You just know Oliver will be reticent to award us anything whilst falling over himself to assist them.

Having said that I feel every time we really need a win against them Pep gets us the win and I hope that is the case on Sunday.

See, I'm all over the place. Can't wait till it is done tbh.

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Dias (or Laporte if not fit)
Zinchenko
Grealish
KDB
Foden
Bernardo
Mahrez
Jesus

KDB and Foden taking it in turns to drop deep to try to draw them out pick up the ball and distribute it rather than have the centre backs trying to unpick a mass defence.

The way we're playing is a bit of a cause for concern, and in recent years our record vs this lot at the etihad has been horrible.

i have been more confident about games i'll be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.