United (N) | FA Cup Final | Post-Match Thread

Job done. The best thing for me is because it's the first time we've met in a final they'll be so pissed off that we can dine out on this for years, especially having scored the fastest ever goal and even more so if it leads to us winning the treble, taking away their record of being the only club to do it.

Fun fact for you, does anybody realise that this is the second time we've appeared in the 100th FA Cup Final? The first in 1981, 100th final, and today was the 100th held at Wembley.

Still angry about the penalty, only Keane seems to think it was. VAR needs scrapping, making the game worse rather than resolving anything.
You’re wrong on both counts.

1981 was the centenary final, as the competition started in 1871.
This year is the 100th anniversary of the first on held at Wembley, but neither was the 100th final, as both we suspended during the war years, and several were held in Cardiff, while the stadium was redeveloped.

Well they did it still on cloud 9
one thing and I know you’ll think I’m mad but the rat faced cant from Utd actually went up in my mind yesterday,he was the only one who even after losing a cup final had the decency to go to the city players and congratulate them on their success that took bottle after his teams performance
that said I think now he still a sniedycant

I've had some time to think about it, this is where I am now:

-It's like we've had a whole bunch of Christmas mornings over the last 3-4 weeks. The demolition of RM was a night to remember. Winning a 3rd PL in a row and doing it when they were written off for most of the season makes this one extra special. After all of that a cup final at Wembley where they beat them making them stand on the pitch and watch City lift the FA Cup is something none of us could have ever dreamed of. In the history of sports I can't think of a better month for fans of any team ever.

-As great as all of this is there is one thing that I think they need to do and this is just me being selfish. I don't just want to see them beat Inter and win the treble, I want to see them do it in true City style. This is such a special group and they've given us so much but I want to see them go through the gears and really lay a beatdown next Saturday. I want a couple from Haaland, I want to see peak KDB again, I want to see 40-50 passes in a row, I want to see Inter chasing shadows for 90 minutes.
We’ll be like a finely tuned racehorse next week, we’re going to smash them, I have no doubt, yesterday was a training exercise.

just seen a snippet of ten hag's post-match where he mentions a "clear and obvious penalty" for them in the second half...wtf is he on about?
He also mentioned our 2 soft goals, 2 20 yarders through a crowded penalty box.....but forgot to mention they dont come any softer than the most dubious penalty claim Eric......

That casemiro tackle is red all day.
If there is someone smaller than Akanji his leg would be broken.

Do you want red for that? With these refs it would have probably been red for Akanji for the harsh foul he made.

Great day today, domestic double, rags got beaten, no apparent injuries(I have started a survey of the interviews to see if injuries had happened and I didn't see any - anyone knows of any issues?) and we are having the sweet for now anxiety of the CL final.

Ortega 9
Walker 9
Stones 10
Dias 10
Akanji 9
Rodri 10 (excellent defensively and he tried alone to hold the center being everywhere. He got tired after 70-75 minutes though and stayed back that's why our center collapsed and Utd got forward)
KDB 5 (hopefully he will raise his level after this game-everytime after some games absence he needs game time to come back strong)
Gundogan 8(he wasn't good at all in the 1st half and in the start of 2nd half but then raised his level, but of course got these critical 2 goals)
Silva 5 (he run a lot but didn't do anything to help the offence and defensively his positions were bad also)
Haaland 8 (without feeding him much it's not his fault for no goals, but he played well outside the box)
Grealish 6 (he helped a lot defensively but that was it. He seemed completely out of his last 4 months attacking rhythm, thankfully it's because he had those minor injury issues and didn't train normally for 2 weeks so he will put 2 gears up on Saturday)

Foden 9(played little time but he helped when he came in)

United a mediocre team with some decent players, the usual stuff that is, tried to defend and they succeeded, they managed to achieve their purpose and played very good for their standards, because we were a lot below our standards. In the end we were better of course and deserved the win, it should really be 2-0 as the penalty was a complete joke of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.