United post-match thread

i support Pep decision.
this competition is just a distraction, and i don't care it's derby or not.
glad Maffeo and Garcia got their chance, and key player fully rested.
Well I f@@kin care had to walk out of the shithole with their vermin fans had the chance to show them up again tonight and it was the same pass and go nowhere football we've had recently.

People need to get over their inferiority complex they've had which comes with supporting City for many years of being in the rags' 'shadow', and realise that in the position we currently find ourselves in, the league and CL are top priorities.

We have crucial games in the next week that will define our season more than a League Cup tie, regardless of opposition. The rags are no longer to be feared, which was evident tonight despite the result, so it need not hurt as much when we do lose to them.

It will ALWAYS hurt losing to them, but the overall success of this season depends on more significant games than this one. I was at the game tonight, only my 2nd visit to that dump, the first of which was the 1-6, so two polarising experiences for me, but despite the result tonight I still feel optimism for the season and believe Pep did the right thing in resting key players for more important fixtures in the long term.

Enjoyed their celebrations at the final whistle. Made me laugh and laugh quite loudly. While I'm always disappointed with a derby defeat, this one didn't feel as bad. You could argue that 2 of the first 11 would be starters in a stronger team last night, Ota and Nolito, Kompany coming back from injury wouldn't have got ahead of Stones. So we had 9 squad players on the pitch, 2 of which are from the youth team and handled themselves very well, especially Maffeo, who I thought was different class, with Garcia looking neat and tidy.
Take United, set up with the best team available to them, probably played a little better but still not great, questions can be asked about Herrera's challenge for the goal but they celebrated like they won the league.

The gap is widening and that result last night has just blinded them some more. It's great! Never been so positive after a derby loss

People need to get over their inferiority complex they've had which comes with supporting City for many years of being in the rags' 'shadow', and realise that in the position we currently find ourselves in, the league and CL are top priorities.

We have crucial games in the next week that will define our season more than a League Cup tie, regardless of opposition. The rags are no longer to be feared, which was evident tonight despite the result, so it need not hurt as much when we do lose to them.

It will ALWAYS hurt losing to them, but the overall success of this season depends on more significant games than this one. I was at the game tonight, only my 2nd visit to that dump, the first of which was the 1-6, so two polarising experiences for me, but despite the result tonight I still feel optimism for the season and believe Pep did the right thing in resting key players for more important fixtures in the long term.

I think if we put it to the vote, the majority would disagree although I see what you are getting at. No offence Blue.

Just got back home.
Wasn't a good performance as a team, nothing to even hope with as we never tested Donut Thief.

The positives I do take from tonight were that we played a few kids who gained valuable experience in playing against a full strength Vermin team.

We have to remember the LC is at the bottom of priorities for Pep and this is why he literally fielded his reserve team, hoping class would shine near the end in Aguero and Sterling (which it didn't)

We may of stood a slight chance if Vincent had stayed on and Mike Dean hadn't of been given orders from the top.
The EFL need a big club like the rags to get to the final in order to maintain the cups profile.
In terms of fan base we are not a 'big' club right now.

I am worried of this recent rut but I can see changes in first team personnel.

They may of won tonight but I know which boat I'd rather be on right now for the long haul and it certainly isn't red.
Good sensible post.

We might as well have lost in Swansea, the draw was fixed (as is the one for the next round looking at it), we were never going to get anything tonight no matter what team we put out, they simply had to win for the tossers that run football.

We do have issues, one of them being we have some of the same players we had in 2012-13 who badly let us down by letting the worst united team in a decade win the title, they weren't good enough then, and they're a few years older and not good enough now, but its impossible to change a whole squad in one summer window, so we're stuck with some of them. We have however brought in some talented young players, and when they gel properly, we'll fly, it might not be this season though. Our start to the season has blinkered many of you into thinking Pep can do no wrong, of course he can, and he knows that, but he has to work with what he's got for now, and its time some realised that they're not all good enough to do what Pep wants. Pep also needs to realise this, and needs to think about why we are not winning, and one of the biggest reasons is we concede a goal in every game, so as soon as the scoring dries up we're in trouble.

We played some great football against Everton, but we still failed to win, and we failed to win because we gave away a soft goal, same against Southampton, so lets cut them out first, and if we nick a 1-0 then all is good, but confidence won't return if we keep trying to do things that some of these players are just incapable of doing.

The positive tonight is that united STILL needed help from a ref to beat our reserves, and 2 of our youngsters performed well, and got a taste of a Manchester derby, so while they celebrate their cup final win, remember that we are on a somewhat different trajectory than they are, and look forward to what we have coming up below this level, and then look at theirs.

Good sensible post.

We might as well have lost in Swansea, the draw was fixed (as is the one for the next round looking at it), we were never going to get anything tonight no matter what team we put out, they simply had to win for the tossers that run football.

We do have issues, one of them being we have some of the same players we had in 2012-13 who badly let us down by letting the worst united team in a decade win the title, they weren't good enough then, and they're a few years older and not good enough now, but its impossible to change a whole squad in one summer window, so we're stuck with some of them. We have however brought in some talented young players, and when they gel properly, we'll fly, it might not be this season though. Our start to the season has blinkered many of you into thinking Pep can do no wrong, of course he can, and he knows that, but he has to work with what he's got for now, and its time some realised that they're not all good enough to do what Pep wants. Pep also needs to realise this, and needs to think about why we are not winning, and one of the biggest reasons is we concede a goal in every game, so as soon as the scoring dries up we're in trouble.

We played some great football against Everton, but we still failed to win, and we failed to win because we gave away a soft goal, same against Southampton, so lets cut them out first, and if we nick a 1-0 then all is good, but confidence won't return if we keep trying to do things that some of these players are just incapable of doing.

The positive tonight is that united STILL needed help from a ref to beat our reserves, and 2 of our youngsters performed well, and got a taste of a Manchester derby, so while they celebrate their cup final win, remember that we are on a somewhat different trajectory than they are, and look forward to what we have coming up below this level, and then look at theirs.
Put it in a far better way than I could.
Well said.

Reminded me in many ways of the 3-2 loss to the rags in the FA Cup the year we won the league with Mancini; yes I walked away from the ground gutted that we've lost a derby, but i thought then and I do now that we will go onto huge things. We had 9 changes against the best team they could put out, their reaction at the final whistle said it all - they thought they'd won the bloody cup!!! It is a distraction out of the way as was the FA Cup that year, we could probably do with the extra few days rest when the 1/4 and 2 legged semis come around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.