United post-match thread

Meh.

Glad I fucked it off to go and see the Mods in Leeds instead and no problem that Pep rested a few.

Enjoy it while you can you Red ****s.

I see the BBC are re-writing history……

" The last two times United eliminated City in the competition they went on to win it in 1970 and 1976."

Did Toma write that one?

I understand that we are all about development but.............it can be all about development EXCEPT when it is a Manchester Derby!! We should have played our best team tonight, beaten that lot and then in the next round played the youngsters for theirs and the teams development. Not in a derby, never, ever, ever, in a derby!! I'm sorry but that is how I feel.

The most worrying thing about tonight was the fact that Kun couldn't beat Carrick for pace. It's been the same since the start of the season. He's lost that burst of speed which made him unplayable on his day.

i support Pep decision.
this competition is just a distraction, and i don't care it's derby or not.
glad Maffeo and Garcia got their chance, and key player fully rested.

Just got back home.
Wasn't a good performance as a team, nothing to even hope with as we never tested Donut Thief.

The positives I do take from tonight were that we played a few kids who gained valuable experience in playing against a full strength Vermin team.

We have to remember the LC is at the bottom of priorities for Pep and this is why he literally fielded his reserve team, hoping class would shine near the end in Aguero and Sterling (which it didn't)

We may of stood a slight chance if Vincent had stayed on and Mike Dean hadn't of been given orders from the top.
The EFL need a big club like the rags to get to the final in order to maintain the cups profile.
In terms of fan base we are not a 'big' club right now.

I am worried of this recent rut but I can see changes in first team personnel.

They may of won tonight but I know which boat I'd rather be on right now for the long haul and it certainly isn't red.

What the fook just happened.
I knew with 28 minutes and thirty seconds left on the clock we wouldn't produce.
A midfieldish sort of game with no creativity up front were it matterd.
Credit to the youngsters though.

Onwards and upwards and we both still managed to enjoy a splendid evening of camradmanship .
We also met up with the Cambridge Massive...(A supporters club from cambridge who meet in Stockport ) .. I know ..

Anyway we are having microwave chips at the moment with lashings of wholsome heinz beans and bread and butter to fill our empty voids.
Suddenly life feels good again.Adios and god bless City eh

If it was another other opponent then that team would be acceptable but not in a Derby. 3 extra games? Win this and "throw" the quarter final if you have to. If Mourinho can put out his strongest team, why couldn't we? The rags are still in 4 competitions.

Plus on the night was the performances of Matteo and Garcia but should have gone for it tonight and tomorrow's another day to change things.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.