United post-match thread

Not been home long and obviously want some sleep.

I love to win this tournament but I'd happily see it scrapped so not too bothered we are out this season. Bigger fish to fry, hopefully.

Not going over rights and wrongs of strength of team selection but disappointed that those selected were so ineffectual in the final third.

Convinced that if Vinnie had not had to exit at HT, we would not have conceded goal but need to see TV coverage.

Took one of my 15 going on 16 year old daughters to her first match and she is not imbued with my blue tinted spectacles but she was aghast at Mike Dean's performance and commented that she now understood why I come home from games and want to watch the game again: she will be watching it with me later today to see if the refereeing was as bad as she thought. Of course she is now banned from going to another game: her younger, by 4 minutes, sister has been to several games now and we have never lost (1 draw).

Obviously, pretty pleased with Maffeo and Garcia but AG has to pass forward more.

And so to bed.

The main incident from this match is Kompany going off at half time because he was the one organizing the defense, and when they had one of their few attacking spells at the beginning of the second half, there was no organization at the back and we conceded as a result of that situation. It is clear to me that Kolarov is not viable as a center back in situations and games where we have to defend because he cannot defend.It is as simple as that. He has great long range distribution and he understands Pep's tactics but cannot defend and if Kompany stayed on the outcome may have been different. So essentially that was the difference today- The spell at the beginning of the second half.

After that spell, they sat back and the game reverted back to a non event with neither team creating much. We played a weakened team on paper but I thought the new players introduced - Garcia, Fernando and Moffeo did not look out of place and played very well indeed. Aleix Garcia was assured and looked the best player in that midfield. It is funny that the United players tried to get to him at the beginning but they were bamboozled by his composure and maturity on the ball and by the end of the match you can see them consumed with respect and acknowledgement that Garcia is legit - he played his role excellently and should be more involved in the future. Our midfield and some of the attacking players like Nolito and Sane did very well in converging inside and thus making interceptions and cutting out balls but we did not display enough quality in the final third to really create chances and score goals. Maffeo also impressed and I really don't see why he should not start premier league games if we are going 4 at the back. So in that respect, this match proved to be an eye opener and revealed a lot of things about some young players.

Always disappointing to lose the derby but we move on to better things but first, get back on track against West Brom in the weekend.

Not long home can't say I'm not disappointed. The fans sang there hearts out tonight shame Pep didn't take it as serious as we did.

Yes indeed i feel sorry for the blues who went to the bloody infernal dump tonight, had it been against Hull, West Ham, Newcastle then that selection and getting knocked out would have been just about palatable, but not against them. I am sure Pep wont lose any sleep whatsoever over the fact that just for tonight I am intensely pissed off with him, putting that side out was just what those wankers needed....it was simply asking for what we got.

Don't know if already covered but I'm certainly convinced Pep played for the loss tonight.
May sound bizarre but it somewhat does our season some favours by getting out of this competition.
Yes we won against Swansea but we were also playing them soon after so losing could've possibly given them confidence against us in the actual League.

Quick respectable defeat, no injuries, kids get some game time... We are fully charged for the league and champs league.

Dress it how you want, but in which world is ZERO shot on target a " terrific performance from the lads " ?
Give me a break. When we were shitte, did whiskey nose ever gave us some leeway ? No, never; each and every time we had to deal with his most powerfull squad available.
We should have murdered them fair and square, like they would have done to us a decade ago.
Has Guardiola ever filled a weak Barcelona against Madrid ??? I don't think so.
Pep giving Maureen and his disgusting pleb some reason to joy over an easy win leaves a painful bitter taste.

Dress it how you want, but in which world is ZERO shot on target a " terrific performance from the lads " ?
Give me a break. When we were shitte, did whiskey nose ever gave us some leeway ? No, never; each and every time we had to deal with his most powerfull squad available.
We should have murdered them fair and square, like they would have done to us a decade ago.
Pep giving Maureen and his disgusting pleb some reason to joy over an easy win leaves a painful bitter taste.

Spot on....losing to them does us no favours at all ever under any circumstances, and beating West Brom and Barcelona would in no way justify it or alter the fact that we have handed them a derby win on a plate.

Grow a pair of bollocks.Let the fucking rags have their moment as in the greater shape of things to come this means fuck all.Do you not realise that we are playing 3 games in 7 days and impossible to play a near strong eleven ?

What was the attendance tonight? - usually the Rags say 75,231 but were there any empty seats .?.
Just interested as there were 45,000 + at West Ham. - London derby.

Ah didums.With a name like yours you deserve a ban anyway.

A ban from a city forum for daring to be nonplussed at losing a derby!!

I am not sure about the oakie bit, but may i respectfully suggest that the cokie bit has been shovelled up your hooter rather to often and enthusiastically.....its beginning to rot your brain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.