United post-match thread

KDB injured, Sergio Still looks like he's recovering match fitness after international break, Zab/sagna injured, so changes there were forced upon us,
With 3 games in the next 7 and Barca(the final one of them) being pretty much a game we need a result in then I understand why, Stones was rested and tbf vinny replaced him and played well, but if he can only play 45mins it's a worry.
Ferdy rested - unfortunately Regis is our only alternative.
Silva rested- let's be honest age is catching up with the lad and he would be knackered by Barca game.
The result is dissapointing but they hardly battered us, in fact they hardly even troubled our B team, and I hate losing especially to them.
Pep made a decission of what's more essential WBA and Barca, and our 2 main goals trophy wise or possible burn out for some players, at the same time he also got to test 2 young lads tgat should have been blooded last season.
In the long run the positives may weight out the negative of the result only time will tell.

Also not heard any bragging from rags I know, as one put it last night, "we only just beat you and we(rags) still look awful, but I'll take that." Sounded more embarrassed than gloaty about the result.

Last edited:
Not for me. This cup is the poor one of the lot. Only starts being taken seriously in the semi finals. 21 changes in the dippers game last night. Even Div 1 teams rotate!

West Brom is the important game for now. Our top players cannot be expected to play 5 games in 13 days at this time of the season. It was 100% the right decision for me. If anything I wouldn't have brought Aguero and Sterling on.

Pep has been brought in to change things and win us the big two not another one of these. It will take time to get it right. We are still top of the league regardless of results and can only get better. It's the sequence of results that has been disappointing but I didn't see anyone questioning him after the first 10 games.

Let's see where we are at the end of Dec after what is a brutal month fixture wise. Not having to play in this in December and Jan will help us long term.
On the money.

Don't know if already covered but I'm certainly convinced Pep played for the loss tonight.
May sound bizarre but it somewhat does our season some favours by getting out of this competition.
Yes we won against Swansea but we were also playing them soon after so losing could've possibly given them confidence against us in the actual League.

Quick respectable defeat, no injuries, kids get some game time... We are fully charged for the league and champs league.

Oddly, my united fan mate (match going , home and away) text me saying the one time he isn't too bothered about losing to us (because it's a shit cup/don't need the extra games etc etc) but looks like we're actually letting them win deliberately.

Whilst I don't think that's the case, I do think it says a lot that Guardiola genuinely put this team out believing it had a good chance of winning even against an almost full strength rag team, he holds them with such low regard , and, it may well have done have barring such an absolutely bizarre performance by Mike Dean and his team.

We had one FULL week of fooking rest, while they played Chelsea 72 hours ago. Every conditions were there for us to turn up with our strongest side and wreck them like rag dolls left right and center.
In an economical warfare, you have to take every chances to send your direct local rival into oblivion and despair, anything less is utter professional mistake.

Who are you, Lord Vader? They were full strength, we were not. Scraping a one nil is hardly a seismic shift of power back to Trafford. It is disappointing but we could do without being in this competition, only when you get to the semi's fielding the kids/2nd string does any club with title aspirations start taking the competition seriously. Says more about them than us.

KDB injured, Sergio Still looks like he's recovering match fitness after international break, Zab/sagna injured, so changes there were forced upon us,
With 3 games in the next 7 and Barca(the final one of them) being pretty much a game we need a result in then I understand why, Stones was rested and tbf vinny replaced him and played well, but if he can only play 45mins it's a worry.
Ferdy rested - unfortunately Regis is our only alternative.
Silva rested- let's be honest age is catching up with the lad and he would be knackered by Barca game.
The result is dissapointing but they hardly battered us, in fact they hardly even troubled our B team, and I hate losing especially to them.
Pep made a decission of what's more essential WBA and Barca, and our 2 main goals trophy wise or possible burn out for some players, at the same time he also got to test 2 young lads tgat should have been blooded last season.
In the long run the positives may weight out the negative of the result only time will tell.

Also not heard any bragging from rags I know, as one put it last night, "we only just beat you and we(rags) still look awful, but I'll take that." Sounded more embarrassed than gloaty about the result.

Hang on you'll get pelters for talking sense

Oddly, my united fan mate (match going , home and away) text me saying the one time he isn't too bothered about losing to us (because it's a shit cup/don't need the extra games etc etc) but looks like we're actually letting them win deliberately.

Whilst I don't think that's the case, I do think it says a lot that Guardiola genuinely put this team out believing it had a good chance of winning even against an almost full strength rag team, he holds them with such low regard , and, it may well have done have barring such an absolutely bizarre performance by Mike Dean and his team.

Its fairly clear that Pep doesnt regard the league cup as a priority. But his innate competitiveness would prevent him from deliberately losing. And he would absolutely expect the selected players to give 100%. Its the start of a very slippery slope once players start to believe that anything less might be acceptable.

I thought it was a decent performance overall. Garcia and Maffeo were excellent. We moved the ball about nicely in the first half. Unfortunately both Kelechi and Sane struggled to make an impact which meant we couldnt translate the approach play into a genuine goal scoring threat.

Well it potentially cost us the league last season (De Bruyne injury) and we always have a shocking January around the semi finals from memory. Yes I wanted to win it but look back at last season, do you even feel good about the win last season now or is it a distant memory?

Last season was an embarrassment finishing 15 points behind Leicester and losing to all Top 6 sides. A LC win doesn't change that narrative much. We are better off without this competition. The only disappointment is losing to United rather Swansea.

Its fairly clear that Pep doesnt regard the league cup as a priority. But his innate competitiveness would prevent him from deliberately losing. And he would absolutely expect the selected players to give 100%. Its the start of a very slippery slope once players start to believe that anything less might be acceptable.

I thought it was a decent performance overall. Garcia and Maffeo were excellent. We moved the ball about nicely in the first half. Unfortunately both Kelechi and Sane struggled to make an impact which meant we couldnt translate the approach play into a genuine goal scoring threat.

Agree with that mate, just missing a cutting edge on the night, that's the reality, I'd be more concerned if I was a rag watching that performance.

We had one FULL week of fooking rest, while they played Chelsea 72 hours ago. Every conditions were there for us to turn up with our strongest side and wreck them like rag dolls left right and center.
In an economical warfare, you have to take every chances to send your direct local rival into oblivion and despair, anything less is utter professional mistake.
What the fuck? We played two hours before they played Chelsea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.