United post-match thread

We played Garcia and Maffeo who incidentally had a great game and Pep will have learnt so much about them.

We made 9 changes in total which tells you all you need to know.

Rags fielded a virtually full strength side which tells you all you need to know about the current state of both clubs.

We are top of the league.

Those bemoaning us going out to the rags last night are more bothered about what they will face on facebook and twitter than they are about our players, our club and whats actually best.

There is a complete and utter lack of a grasp of modern football from a few on here unfortunately.

i like what you are saying and totally agree with you and i'm holding my trust in pep but i don't want this winless streak to continue for much longer though!!!

Really disappointing and gutted about last night and I'm sorry but yet again their seems to be flawed logic running through the club, whether this is from the owners or Pep himself I'm not sure, probably a bit of both.
Last season we gave away the Chelsea cup tie and a chance of us winning a trophy for a champions league semi final and trophy which we were never going to win, shafting the fans forking out good money.
This season yet again we meekly surrendered a trophy by our team selection that we won last season to save players for WBA and Barca. I don't get the rationale at all sometimes their are 29 league games to play and even if we lose to Barca on Tuesday we can still qualify for the next round with the 2 remaining fixtures.

Last night the Rags were coming off of a 4 nil battering from Chelsea and a poor run of form, I know we had not won in 5 but my point is they were their for the taking if Pep had showed a bit
of balls by playing a full strength xi the "bounce" of another derby victory, the rags eliminated and most importantly back to winning ways would for me have been the way to go.
Instead we got a cringe worthy pre match interview liking the Rags arses and demeaning slightly our history and the League Cup. All that was really missing was a white flag. I knew from that moment that we would not stand a chance of winning.

Yes I get about priorities and the League Cup is the least one to worry about, but I like the cups and will never tire of us getting to finals. It just seems a shame that our fans had to fork out £40+ to watch a relative reserve side vs a full strength rag side.. VK went off at half time (yes I know it was planned), but it felt we were playing a testimonial match. The problem is current managers are just out of touch with what a derby means these days. But hey Pep probably just shrugged his shoulders last night sipping his wine with Maureen. Let's hope like he doesn't disrespect the FA Cup in January. Gutted isn't the word.

Those bemoaning us going out to the rags last night are more bothered about what they will face on facebook and twitter than they are about our players, our club and whats actually best.

There is a complete and utter lack of a grasp of modern football from a few on here unfortunately.
Summed up by the poster directly below this post.

I'm still pissed off that Mike Dean was giving them a penalty if Mata missed. It should have been our free kick yet he's there waving for advantage because he's already decided to give them a penalty. Last night seemed like corruption in action to me. The decisions were astonishing.

I'm still pissed off that Mike Dean was giving them a penalty if Mata missed. It should have been our free kick yet he's there waving for advantage because he's already decided to give them a penalty. Last night seemed like corruption in action to me. The decisions were astonishing.
We should have had a pen in the first ten minutes. Nailed on.

We played Garcia and Maffeo who incidentally had a great game and Pep will have learnt so much about them.

We made 9 changes in total which tells you all you need to know.

Rags fielded a virtually full strength side which tells you all you need to know about the current state of both clubs.

Well said mate, the amount on here who wouldn't have been arsed if we'd played the exact same side against anyone else in this competition and got the same result but wouldn't be complaining is staggering. Fuck what the rag prick in the office or on Facebook has to say, they're fucking desperation for a win last night against a mix of our reserves and kids is funny as fuck, they had to play their best 11 and still only just got through by a combination of us not creating enough and Mike Dean.

I've said all week we'd play kids and they'd play best side, i went knowing we'd probably lose because of this and to watch them celebrate like they won the World cup at the end was just hilarious, yes i'd have loved to win but there's a bigger picture than the league cup.

A penalty to them, despite the fact that the American Football Linebacker took our defender out leaving Mata the space to run onto the ball...!
What worries me is the fact that we seem to be doing an Arsenal of old and trying to walk the ball into the net all the time, no Instinctive shots on goal and too many with their heads down Instead of looking for the killer pass. All that said, we had a second string team out and its a game we should have won comfortably.. On we go to West Brom, a win is imperative and I think we will steady the ship there... CTWD

I am disappointed because it was a game in which we never looked like scoring.

Our final ball was surprisingly shocking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.