United post-match thread

No we didn't.

Only Ottamendi and Nolito have been anywhere close to first choice this season.

You could agrue Vinnie is a first choice defender and his absence in the second half was a factor in them scoring, imo. I would also have Clichy as first choice LB; Pep might not but Clichy is no B team player. We were though much further off our best possible line-up than them.

Must admit I cant believe that people are even have thoughts of having Pep gone. Ridiculous.

I am very much of the opinion that we should have gone for their throats last night, and that Pep did indeed use the game as an opportunity to rest some players and give a few others some minutes on the pitch, against anyone else fair enough but not them. Not only are we out of a competition that we have had good times in, we gave them a derby win, and I fear that the twats will use last nights win as a turning point in their season, so I think he has dropped a fair size bollock. Time of course will tell.

What I do find shocking is people claiming to be blues apparently not being bothered about losing to them, spouting nonsense about bigger fish to fry and so on.........reminds me of when they used to say playing Liverpool was a more important derby match on account of us being shite. There does seem to be an increasing amount of "rags in blue" spouting the kind of rubbish that would only have come from the swamp dwellers a few years ago.

We were not good last night. I can find some excuses, others are finding loads more.

But none of that helps erase the memory of walking through the tunnel against the tide after the match and seeing those sub human faces/faeces overdressed in bright red clobber bought that very day, smirking as they sang their nursery rhymes with obvious glee. Perhaps the excuse makers have never seen that and so do not feel the same way as most of us do for being beaten by a piss poor rag team.

I find it very hard to be complacent about what might happen in the future when we let twats like that win and their plastic fans gloat with the only passion coming from City fans behind the goal. The first noise from the rags came after about 40 mins although the highlights and no doubt the rest of the TV coverage make it seem like we didn't make any noise at all and I wonder to what extent 'Oh what a night' was heard by the armchair brigade. Talking of arms chair brigade it is interesting to see some of the mega points collectors posting away yet again in here at times when they were supposed to be backing the Blues at the Swamp. Perhaps their own disappointment is reduced when they count their double points and the money for their tickets.

Just finished watching the TV coverage and the City support was as impressive on there as it sounded in the East Sand.

Must admit I cant believe that people are even have thoughts of having Pep gone. Ridiculous.

I am very much of the opinion that we should have gone for their throats last night, and that Pep did indeed use the game as an opportunity to rest some players and give a few others some minutes on the pitch, against anyone else fair enough but not them. Not only are we out of a competition that we have had good times in, we gave them a derby win, and I fear that the twats will use last nights win as a turning point in their season, so I think he has dropped a fair size bollock. Time of course will tell.

What I do find shocking is people claiming to be blues apparently not being bothered about losing to them, spouting nonsense about bigger fish to fry and so on.........reminds me of when they used to say playing Liverpool was a more important derby match on account of us being shite. There does seem to be an increasing amount of "rags in blue" spouting the kind of rubbish that would only have come from the swamp dwellers a few years ago.

You think City fans who prefer to focus on the league, Cl and FA cup than a derby match in the league cup are "rags in blue". Why do you think Pep chose to rest players then? Is it not because we actually DO have bigger fish to fry? And if that's the case why does that make us rags? I mean don't get me wrong, if I could choose I'd love to beat United every time. I'd also love to win every trophy. However that's not feasible. No team in the history of the english league has done the quadruple and given the physical intensity of the league now and the competitiveness I would find it absolutely remarkable if one team was ever going to win the treble again. All in all I think it's obvious why Pep rested players and I think it's naive and foolish of people to think we should have prioritised this match over any league match simply because the opponents are United. If that makes me a 'rag in blue' then so be it.

We have a very large portion of our support that doesn't deserve what we have, and are locked in a stockholm syndrome mentality of wishing we were still a shoddy club who occasionally caused an upset.

Some of the stuff I've read has been utter nonsense. It's very clear we've a chunk of fans who can't think any farther than their own nose.

Same supporters who thought Dzeko was shit.

Same ones who wrote off Sterling.

Emperor's New Clothes= Pep.
Hart decision was incorrect, the Toure situation is farcical , Aguero's treatment is poor, and the petulant banning of wifi is pathetic, we haven't won a game since. The first half v Southampton was the most boring game I have seen in many a year. If Pep went tomorrow , I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep.

You're the cumogenly old bloke interviewed after the Saints game lol. I asked what his username on here is and it has to be you.

Such a joyless time to be a Blue isn't it?

Meh. Barely more important than the cancelled friendly derby.

Only thing I take from last night is Maffeo and Garcia did well and Utd's strongest available lineup struggled to beat our reserves. With a better ref they probably even lose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.