United post-match thread

You're the cumogenly old bloke interviewed after the Saints game lol. I asked what his username on here is and it has to be you.

Such a joyless time to be a Blue isn't it?
That's what I thought. Kinda feel sorry for the guy cos he got a lot of shite for that send Pep back to spain interview. I thought maybe it was post game ptsd or something but he really believes Pep should go.

Seriously? Messi and Ronaldo tend to do it regularly. You can't wrap players in cotton wool - although I wouldn't have played Willy last night given the Barcelona situation - especially in semi finals.

Top players want to play all the time.
Weird, neither of the players you mention play in four competitions in the own league and if you remember, Ronaldo rarely used to play in the league cup under the GPC.

Enjoyed their celebrations at the final whistle. Made me laugh and laugh quite loudly. While I'm always disappointed with a derby defeat, this one didn't feel as bad. You could argue that 2 of the first 11 would be starters in a stronger team last night, Ota and Nolito, Kompany coming back from injury wouldn't have got ahead of Stones. So we had 9 squad players on the pitch, 2 of which are from the youth team and handled themselves very well, especially Maffeo, who I thought was different class, with Garcia looking neat and tidy.
Take United, set up with the best team available to them, probably played a little better but still not great, questions can be asked about Herrera's challenge for the goal but they celebrated like they won the league.

The gap is widening and that result last night has just blinded them some more. It's great! Never been so positive after a derby loss
Good points..enjoy your victory over over small liccle citeh..I also laughed..thank goodness we're out of it..need some of our support to wake up and smell the coffee.

What was telling for me last night were the managers faces at the end.
PEG looked a beaten man despite the win with his first team,
PEP looked like he had learned something new about his second team particularly Garcia and Maffeo.
They both know who has the brighter future and despite the result it is us. Job is proving to big for PEG and he looks like he knows it.

A win would have been nice, nothing for anyone to really have a go at us for if won. However there is plenty of comfort to be had in wTching last nights game.

As long as I am drawing breath I will never ever see any good whatsoever in coming 2nd to that shower of shit.
Never good, but last night told us that they are not the biggest target on our radar anymore.we have moved on to bigger and better things while their team selection showed that we are still their main targets (despite their drivelling about the dippers) and that winning the league cup is of vital importance to them.
We are moving foreword and they are looking back.

The one worrying thing from the game last night was the lack we created.....I thought Sane was particularly poor and Navas even though he had the beating of shaw in the first half, besides his first cross which kelechi didn't make the most of, none of them were partucallry dangerous or anywhere near the front men....once switched to the left he was of zero attacking threat

It shows that without KDB/Silva we have no one who is creative. Sane needs to at least start stepping up....he had one chance last night with a through ball and he completely over hit it.....it wasnt even close and that was poor. The rest of his game was poor as well. Nolito as well for all his industry and keeping possession created very little.

I go back to the argument int he summer about transfers and Im not sure that without Kun for prolonged periods of time we would do well. I know he aint playing as well in the last few weeks but very few are at present including sergio. SO when he is off form is kelechi really enough....I still don't think so....Hopefully GJ will sort that little problem out.

We played a weaker side away at Swansea and i didn't think then or last night i was wasting my money, in fact if i thought i was wasting my money following a weaker time i'd have stopped going in the fucking 80's.
If you thought we'd play our best 11 last night you're deluded, we saw this cup, no matter who the opposition, as a chance to play fringe players and youth and rightly so in my opinion.
We were 2 points off Leicester going into last years semi's and ended up losing KDB and being 15 off them when he returned, top players can't and shouldn't be playing every 3 days.

Too many are pissed off because it was the rags, tough shit and man up.
Fucking spot on inchy.The only ones who do the bitching are the ones who aint got a pair of balls yet and come up with some quality references like "not looking forward to going into work", "I`ve turned my phone off". "What will the media say about us now". Fucking load of mard arses.Wouldn`t liek to be in the trenches with `em. They`d be the first fookers waving a white flag with shitty underpants.
"Don`t panic.Don`t panic Captain Manwaring".

Some amongst the frothing hoardes in this thread need to step back and get some perspective.

The first thing to note is that City are top, yes TOP of the PL. They're in first place!!! Quite the crisis, this!

The first team has so far played 16 competitive matches across three competitions this season. Of these, three have finished in defeat. All three were away from home.

The circumstances of those matches were:

v BARCELONA (A) 0-4 UCL: An away match in the Camp Nou against arguably the best club side in world football at this time. And City were giving them a game until the sending off of GK Bravo and having to defend against the best attacking trio in the world with ten players for the last 40 minutes. Despite the eventual scoreline, City can draw positives from the 11 v 11 period of the game. Nothing in this match should give rise to a 'press the panic button' mentality. At the outset, any impartial bookie would have expected a Barcelona win in this one.

v TOTTENHAM (A) 0-2 PL: If you accept that no team is likely to win the PL title undefeated in the current environment, which ties are most likely to produce a reverse? How about an away fixture against an in-form fellow title-contender? Yes, it would be great to have won at WHL. But Spuds are a team which will be challenging at the end of the season. A defeat there does not constitute a crisis. Meanwhile, City have also played away against another PL title contender (according to many pundits). The bunch at OT. And City won that one.

v MANCHESTER UNITED (A) 0-1 EFL Cup: Nine changes for City in this one. A second-string side pitted against the Rags' finest in a hostile derby atmosphere. City conceded once in this match, and if in allowing that goal Mr Bean ... sorry, Dean ... makes a blunder of that magnitude again this season I'll be amazed. Although his failure to award City a penalty and the booking of Iheanacho for falling over are right up there. This match was no vintage affair, but United didn't score a legitimate goal in 90 minutes against City's reserves. The result was decided by having Mr Bean in the middle.

Three matches have ended in draws. Celtic away (UCL) was played in a passionate derby cup-final atmosphere ... not easy. Draws against Everton and Southampton were slightly disappointing in view of them being home ties, but both are strong PL sides. Both are top half in the PL at this time and Everton will expect to challenge for a top four place.

And the other ten matches? CITY WON. And there were some tough fixtures in there. W10 - D3 - L3. There's no crisis to see here.

Did anyone genuinely expect Pep to come to a new club in an unfamiliar highly-competitive league and win everything straight off the bat? If so, you must be mad. City's transfer business in the Summer - signing the cream of world football's 18/19 year-olds is the giveaway: Pep's building for the future. The current team is in transition. The older guys are being phased out gradually. And yet with ten wins so far they're still doing just fine. None of the three defeats were a form-book 'upset'.

Chill out and enjoy the ride with Pep. Gabriel Jesus, Marlos Moreno, Leroy Sane, Oleksandr Zinchenko. Joining earlier youthful signings including Patrick Roberts, Enes Unal and Kelechi Iheanacho - now almost a first-team regular. And remember the prospects emerging from the academy: Maffeo, Garcia, Angelino, Adarabioyo, Diaz and so many more. There is so much to look forward to as this group increasingly play alongside "experienced" senior players such as Kevin De Bruyne, Raheem Sterling and John Stones. They're young too. All coached by the best manager in the game and backed by the most professional owners in the sport. The ingredients are in place for a golden era.

There has NEVER BEEN a better time to be a City fan! Stop moaning, show a little patience and enjoy what the next few seasons bring. SMILE! :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.