United Pre-Match Thread - Friendly in Houston - Kick off now 03:05am (BST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why play these dicks in a friendly? There should never be a watered down version of the derby. Shameful

And the Derby is in Houston? Has anyone been to Houston? Houston sucks, one of the worst cities in the U.S. dirty, smoggy, hot, humid, and endless urban sprawl. At least have the derby in Denver where we have clean mtn air, excellent place for players to train, and a million times better city than Houston.

I wouldnt give either the press or the commentators any ammunition regarding the money we have spent, and if we lose well its a third team if that. If this is going to have a wide tv audience then maybe we can offload Kolorov, Mangala Denayer and Nasri.
For what it's worth, our tickets cost us $140 (£108) and there were plenty that were more expensive. People love to moan about ticket prices on here but they never compare to events in the US. With that being said, I'm excited to see the game in general, but they won't skimp out on at least giving people a little value for their money. Last friendly I saw was vs Liverpool in 2014 up in NYC -- Raheem actually scored against us in that match.. we lost on pens (thankfully Yaya makes the ones that count).

And the Derby is in Houston? Has anyone been to Houston? Houston sucks, one of the worst cities in the U.S. dirty, smoggy, hot, humid, and endless urban sprawl. At least have the derby in Denver where we have clean mtn air, excellent place for players to train, and a million times better city than Houston.

A very impartial comment ;)

For what it's worth, our tickets cost us $140 (£108) and there were plenty that were more expensive. People love to moan about ticket prices on here but they never compare to events in the US. With that being said, I'm excited to see the game in general, but they won't skimp out on at least giving people a little value for their money. Last friendly I saw was vs Liverpool in 2014 up in NYC -- Raheem actually scored against us in that match.. we lost on pens (thankfully Yaya makes the ones that count).
English football fans can be very selfish like that, as much as I don't want to see any of our stars injured in a pre-season game I'd be livid paying those prices if they didn't give them a proper run out and I'd expect a good competitive game as would any Bluemoon matchgoer if they were honest about it. A slight concern is our team came back a week later than most clubs this summer, hopefully they've all been doing their fitness plans in that extra week off.

Long gone are the days when I gave a shit about a pre season friendly. Won't be watching, don't care who plays, how we play or what the result is. It's basically just a load of bollocks to spread the brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.