united sold out charity shield

crizack said:
mancboy123 said:
More importantly why are you on the united sight checking, why is it important to you if they have sold out or not?

a rag lad i know mentioned it.

Failsworth_Blue said:
crizack said:
I know a lot of reds with living in salford who are all up for the derby, theres no excuse for those who say they cant afford it. you've had 12 weeks to save up for it. Lets say you get a coach for £30 and a ticket for £20. £50 divided by 12= £4.16.

£4.16 a week to go and watch city play a derby at wembley. All these people who say 'i was there at york away', 'i've put my time in for city' 'it's not the last time we'll win a cup is it?.'

Well bugger me, if thats not rag mentallity then i dont know what is. Infact, for those who say they cant afford it, what a load of crap. you could work earning £1 a day and still of saved up for it since may.

I know it's another 'embarrassing' thread but for all thew hard work our players done last season, they deserve a sell out. And i hope rags from other sites see this because for once, i've seen just how 'hardcore' our fans really are and god forbid we win the treble, we'll be downsizing the stadium to 15,000 soon after

Do me a favour. You don't know what people can and cannot afford, you don't know the exact cost of people's bills, whether they're in debt or what not. Some people cannot justify paying the best part of £50 at the absolute cheapest for what is basically a glorified friendly. How about you understand that people can do what they want with their money rather than telling people how they should have done this and should have done that

So people can afford £4.16 a week? it's less than a pack of cigs. I'm on £90 a week so im no milionaire and would say i'm in the lowest bracket of earners, i have lots of bills with a child aswell. There really is no excuse to not at least pay a bit of respect by showing up to cheer the lads on.

-- Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:28 pm --

mancboy123 said:
Oh joy another im a bigger fan than you thread because im going to wembley and because i did this and i did that, great you're going to wembley im happy for you, im going but i dont need to announce it, who cares if united sell out good for them i really dont care one way or the other if we have a 100 or a 100 000 fans there if you want to go cool have a great day, if you dont want to go because you cant afford it, have something else on that day or hell just dont feel like trekking to london thats cool to i hope you have a great time watching on tv the pc, the pub wherever you choose to watch it makes you no less of a fan than anyone else, there is no set criteria for what makes you a fan.

yea, armchair fans.

Of course looking back most people could have saved £4.16 a week, i could have saved £10 a week for all of my working life no problem and have a lot of money saved up but when you have the money sometimes you spend it way before the event is set to take place, thats life

I pay my respects to City in many ways, by not spending x amount of money to travel to Wembley to watch what is basically a friendly albeit against United when money is quite tight is my choice, no-one should be slagged off or questioned because they make a choice about whether to attend or not

mancboy123 said:
crizack can i assume that you went to every home and away game in league and cup and attended all pre season friendlie then or are you also an armchair fan.

if you know me, i go to every single match i can AFFORD to go to, Which was my statement. I wouldnt say i cant afford it if i can. Im currently in the process of getting a loan to watch city in europe this season so yea, i stand by what i said.

'it's a glorified friendly' HAHAHAHA!

get over yourselves. you cant be arsed, plain as that.<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:38 pm --<br /><br />
Failsworth_Blue said:
crizack said:
mancboy123 said:
More importantly why are you on the united sight checking, why is it important to you if they have sold out or not?

Failsworth_Blue said:
Do me a favour. You don't know what people can and cannot afford, you don't know the exact cost of people's bills, whether they're in debt or what not. Some people cannot justify paying the best part of £50 at the absolute cheapest for what is basically a glorified friendly. How about you understand that people can do what they want with their money rather than telling people how they should have done this and should have done that

So people can afford £4.16 a week? it's less than a pack of cigs. I'm on £90 a week so im no milionaire and would say i'm in the lowest bracket of earners, i have lots of bills with a child aswell. There really is no excuse to not at least pay a bit of respect by showing up to cheer the lads on.

-- Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:28 pm --

mancboy123 said:
Oh joy another im a bigger fan than you thread because im going to wembley and because i did this and i did that, great you're going to wembley im happy for you, im going but i dont need to announce it, who cares if united sell out good for them i really dont care one way or the other if we have a 100 or a 100 000 fans there if you want to go cool have a great day, if you dont want to go because you cant afford it, have something else on that day or hell just dont feel like trekking to london thats cool to i hope you have a great time watching on tv the pc, the pub wherever you choose to watch it makes you no less of a fan than anyone else, there is no set criteria for what makes you a fan.

yea, armchair fans.

Of course looking back most people could have saved £4.16 a week, i could have saved £10 a week for all of my working life no problem and have a lot of money saved up but when you have the money sometimes you spend it way before the event is set to take place, thats life

I pay my respects to City in many ways, by not spending x amount of money to travel to Wembley to watch what is basically a friendly albeit against United when money is quite tight is my choice, no-one should be slagged off or questioned because they make a choice about whether to attend or not

i think there should be some element where people who dont go to matches which lets be honest, including travel, would be the price of a city v chelsea ticket at home, should be made to feel like idiots. No doubt the ones who you say shouldnt be slagged off will be on here saying how shit we were come sunday night if we lose.

crizack said:
mancboy123 said:

BUT YOU STILL WENT ON THEIR SHITTY SHITE AND PASTED..
JESUS, YOU PICKIN COCKLES THEN??

I am going im just making the point that i dont know what puts you in a position where you think you are justified in telling others how to spend their money if i go to every european game and then call you an armchair fan for not being able to afford one or not having enough loyalty points to afford one does that make me a better or more committed fan than you.

are the people who are just back from dublin and the people who went on the us tours and to dublin ok to call you an armchair fan?

Dodge said:
crizack said:
mancboy123 said:

BUT YOU STILL WENT ON THEIR SHITTY SHITE AND PASTED..
JESUS, YOU PICKIN COCKLES THEN??

If I was on £90 with lots of bills and a Kid I'm sure there would be better things to spend my money on.

crizack said:
mancboy123 said:
crizack can i assume that you went to every home and away game in league and cup and attended all pre season friendlie then or are you also an armchair fan.

if you know me, i go to every single match i can AFFORD to go to, Which was my statement. I wouldnt say i cant afford it if i can. Im currently in the process of getting a loan to watch city in europe this season so yea, i stand by what i said.

'it's a glorified friendly' HAHAHAHA!

get over yourselves. you cant be arsed, plain as that.

To the games that you can't afford to go, why didn't you save up in advance, maybe £1 a week for a year or something? Maybe i can't afford to go on Sunday? The result of the community to sheild or whatever it's called now matters little in the grand scheme of things, it basically replaces a friendly that we'd normally play the weekend before the season as final preperation. If we win great, if we lose it's not the end of the world as it's all about building up fitness

Some people would rather save their money for other things, whats your problem with that?

dunno why these posts have to get low down into the details re individuals who can and cannot afford to go.

All it shows is we don't have a large enough fanbase to sell out games like this.
We have a dedicated loyal fanbase but it's limited in size (for now) and so more marginal games like this one will not sell out.

I'm sure it's not going to be the same Utd fans who went to the semi and to the champs league final who are going to this one - they've loads of spare fans who want tickets for games and so there is always someone to take up the slack when others want to give it a miss for expense or family holidays or just lack of interest (I'm barely arsed about the game at all)

We don't have that breadth of fanbase as evidenced by this and by quite a lot of home games last season not selling out and plenty of average away followings.

I'm in Denmark as MC at a small rock festival on Saturday, but on sunday I will be watching the game on a 40 foot by 20 foot screen.

Get the word out to get as many blues as possible for this game, i dont get the excuses of some people about it only being a friendly / meaningless trophy etc.......
We are striving to be one of the biggest clubs in the world ffs, so what kind of message will we be sending out if we can`t sell 26,000 tickets for a showpiece game against our fiercest rival? I can bet most other teams in the prem would sell out for this,and i DO give a fuck what the rest of the football world says about the attendance especially the rags!
We need to get right behind the team, and give them an atmosphere they deserve from the off.
So if a lot of you who aren`t going but can purchase tickets for friends and family, who dont find it easy to purchase themselves then do it.
Come on blues YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU.!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I really wanted to go I would find the money like I did for the semi and final which I couldn't really afford.
But for this I can't be arsed and don't see why there should be a problem with people not being arsed about going to a friendly.
If we were playing a friendly at The Etihad which we usually do I probably couldn't be arsed going to that either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.