United States Of America

yep love the states

when I was younger you could get these ridiculously cheap internal flights when you bought your transatalantic one booked

I think it was 6 internal flights anywhere in the states for an extra £119 or summat silly

So we went to places we'd only ever dreamed of visiting and had the most amazing trip

I'd quite like to go and buy a motorhome and go and drive round for a few months when I retire

Balti said:
yep love the states

when I was younger you could get these ridiculously cheap internal flights when you bought your transatalantic one booked

I think it was 6 internal flights anywhere in the states for an extra £119 or summat silly

So we went to places we'd only ever dreamed of visiting and had the most amazing trip

I'd quite like to go and buy a motorhome and go and drive round for a few months when I retire

I remember someone I worked with at a kids camp had one of those passes - think there was a time limit on them.
On returning he said it had been a waste of time as some of the airports were quite far out of town so by the time he'd reached the city, he didnt have long before returning back to the airport!

I've lived in the States since 1989, and lived all over. I now live in Austin, Texas. It's a great place to live. Very tolerant and eclectic culture, great music and entertainment, some idyllic scenery, lots of outdoors activities, exciting business climate, enough blues to get a group together at the pub on game day. Too hot in summer, but there are lakes and pools everywhere. I can't imagine moving.

I love the US,
not been for 10 years and never seen as much of it as I wish - but it's fantastic.

saw doug stanhope a couple of months back and he had it spot on re the states and why he loved it

basically - that there are so many different places, cultures, climates etc - if you don't like it in Florida, go to New York,
if you don't like the big city, go out to the rockies or pacific north west, or quiet midwest etc etc

There is everything you could want in America, so to say you don't like it or don't like Americans is just bollox - if you don't like the place you're in, just move on to another part of the US.

He went on to say that unfortunately for us Brits everywhere here is the fuckin same, damp, cold, depressed and aggressive people !!

Ive been living in the US for 22 years in Florida
this state has become a third world country
In the South ,where I live ,its become a cesspool
If you can put up with the Lack of class & low intelligence ,you'll love it here
Tho, don't expect to get a job unless you speak "Spicaneese"
Most Americans have not realised yet that this Country as a world power is over
They have All been raised to think this Country is the place to be
Maybe 20 years ago,when I came ,it may have been
But the problem here is deep rooted
They are ALL liars, Cheats & cannot be trusted.......Its the American Way
Look at the Politicians,Lawyers & Bankers.......All garbage people
Unfortunatly for most of US ,There's Nowhere to Run Too Now.
But on the upside ,If you Speak like I do, Im from North London,You need Never be single...
The women Love English Men..........

Love holidaying there, Florida, California and Detriot mainly. However I'm always happy to get back home to Manchester.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Balti said:
yep love the states

I remember someone I worked with at a kids camp had one of those passes - think there was a time limit on them.
On returning he said it had been a waste of time as some of the airports were quite far out of town so by the time he'd reached the city, he didnt have long before returning back to the airport!

there were restrictions but nothing we couldn't work around so we let trailfinders work out an itinerary that meant we could stay a few days at least in each place

Went to New York, Miami, New Orleans, Phoenix, Vegas, LA (SF by car)

Didn't include Hawaii unfortunately!

Did a similar thing on a round the world ticket for our honeymoon

Have to work too hard these days or I'd go and do it all again tomorrow!

s&mcityfans said:
Ive been living in the US for 22 years in Florida
this state has become a third world country
In the South ,where I live ,its become a cesspool
If you can put up with the Lack of class & low intelligence ,you'll love it here
Tho, don't expect to get a job unless you speak "Spicaneese"
Most Americans have not realised yet that this Country as a world power is over
They have All been raised to think this Country is the place to be
Maybe 20 years ago,when I came ,it may have been
But the problem here is deep rooted
They are ALL liars, Cheats & cannot be trusted.......Its the American Way
Look at the Politicians,Lawyers & Bankers.......All garbage people
Unfortunatly for most of US ,There's Nowhere to Run Too Now.
But on the upside ,If you Speak like I do, Im from North London,You need Never be single...
The women Love English Men..........
b4a6b626.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.