United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
gordondaviesmoustache said:
cookster said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Just watched and my view is:

– the Shelvey red was harsh. He did nothing different to Evans in that tackle. It was 50/50.
- the Suarez penalty call was correct.
- the Valencia penalty was correct. He'd actually gone outside instead of playing the ball across the box and was no threat when Johnson clattered into the back of him. Stupid one to give away.
- if Shelvey's was a red then van Persie's certainly was.

Sorry not having the Valencia pen. There was no contact!
I thought not too.

There was no contact on the foot/leg (which I initially thought there was given the angle Johnson came in at) but there was a slight push in the small of his back, and that's what bothers me, Valencia, arguably one of the strongest players in the country, goes down like a sack of shit from the merest touch.

I can't comment on the penalty as I've not seen the challenge. I have seen the Shelvey red card, in my mind it was definitely a red. However I think Evans was equally as quilty as Shelvey, he left the ground too, and went in with 2 feet. What saved him punishment was it was Evans that ended up being caught by Shelvey and not the other way round. However, as proven by Kompany last year, you don't even have to make contact for the ref to issue a red card, and for the FA to back up the referee on the matter. For me Shelvey and Evans deserved the same punishment, book both, send both off, or "have a word" with both, but don't punish one and let the other off scott free just because he is the one rolling on the floor injured.

Matty said:
I can't comment on the penalty as I've not seen the challenge. I have seen the Shelvey red card, in my mind it was definitely a red. However I think Evans was equally as quilty as Shelvey, he left the ground too, and went in with 2 feet. What saved him punishment was it was Evans that ended up being caught by Shelvey and not the other way round. However, as proven by Kompany last year, you don't even have to make contact for the ref to issue a red card, and for the FA to back up the referee on the matter. For me Shelvey and Evans deserved the same punishment, book both, send both off, or "have a word" with both, but don't punish one and let the other off scott free just because he is the one rolling on the floor injured.

equally as quilty? some duvet you've got.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Matty said:

equally as quilty? some duvet you've got.

I've re-read that post 3 or 4 times and read quilty as guilty every time!

Zardon132 said:
Anyone know why the share price rocketed up? It's back to 13.37 when not too long ago it was around 12.00

It's not going to go up that much for no reason, has there been something I've missed?
I think somebody is propping it up (Soros maybe) because as soon as it hit the $12 mark there was a huge upsurge. This isn't normal trading unless they've got a whiff of something, maybe some more shares being floated?

If you think about it, with Uniteds recent accounts you could possibly say that they've got to go back to the well with the leaking bucket.

The Future's Blue said:
Zardon132 said:
Anyone know why the share price rocketed up? It's back to 13.37 when not too long ago it was around 12.00

It's not going to go up that much for no reason, has there been something I've missed?
I think somebody is propping it up (Soros maybe) because as soon as it hit the $12 mark there was a huge upsurge. This isn't normal trading unless they've got a whiff of something, maybe some more shares being floated?

If you think about it, with Uniteds recent accounts you could possibly say that they've got to go back to the well with the leaking bucket.
I'm pretty sure they're not conducting insider trading lol. Must be something we've missed.

Zardon132 said:

I think the performances over the last couple of weeks have helped strengthen the investors' faith that their biggest asset and strengths are still working, the REFREES.
The way officials have been giving decisions in their favor, it can only mean one thing, titles for the sc*m. and titles mean more prize money and more popularity which means more money as well. Hence the share price goes up.

Vidic out for 8 weeks again after a knee operation. He doesn't physically look the same to me since coming back and they will probably cope again without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.