United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Vidic out, hopefully United's defence crumbles completely now, is it the same knee?
Yeah it's the same knee. I said when United fans were talking about getting him back that I doubted he'd be the same player as before his injury. Knee ligament injury is a tough one to fully recover from, especially when you're 30/31.

r.soleofsalford said:
LoveCity said:
Vidic out for 8 weeks again after a knee operation. He doesn't physically look the same to me since coming back and they will probably cope again without him.
with a helping hand from the officials of course

Expect at least 3 penners & four red cards handed this weekend, the later to Spuds.

With Vidic, Smalling and Jones all out injured it only leaves Evans and Ferdinand as fit centre halves (and I believe there are fitness issues surrounding Ferdinand too). If United have to spend any period of time with an Evans/Carrick centre half pairing they'll drop a decent number of points.

Matty said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Vidic out, hopefully United's defence crumbles completely now, is it the same knee?
Yeah it's the same knee. I said when United fans were talking about getting him back that I doubted he'd be the same player as before his injury. Knee ligament injury is a tough one to fully recover from, especially when you're 30/31.
You did Matty.

Good call.

I realise that i am two days late with this post but i have to share. I am literally in stitches after just reading through the following thread on red cafe;

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/f7/shelvey-red-card-359480/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/f7/shelvey-red-card-359480/</a>

Now to be fair about ten percent of the posters on that thread have held there hands up and said that Evans should have walked as well. What is funny however is that after seeing the following GIF, the other ninety percent of the fans are actually still defending Evans.

8015368309_37ab580c42_o_zps516d83e0.gif

A few personal highlights are as followed:

You can clearly see Evans just about tried to pass the ball away. His studs are only showing because of the camera view.
Evans actually went for the ball look at his eyes, Shelveys intent was to get the player.
Lmao "look at his eyes"
Evans had no intention of going into the challange dangerously or two footedly. Initially, he comes in with one leg and even side-footed.

The justification from the Rags seems to be "but Evans went for the ball"... So? Am i missing something? It doesn't matter if he went for the ball. What matters is the fact that he went in to a tackle with both feet of the floor and with stood's showing, also his body was completely off the ground meaning he was out of control and put an opponent at risk.

Fifa's definition of serious foul play: Any player who lunges at an opponent when challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent, is guilty of serious foul play.

Therefore it was a red card... where is the Press campaign to get Evans a 3 match ban like we had to endure with Balotelli and Adebayor a few seasons ago? It is no where to be seen ¬_¬.

If you want to know what the Rag fans really think just go on this link;

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/f6/kompany-red-card-346608/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/f6/kompany-red-card-346608/</a>

Two footed, open studs.
He won the ball but he went in 2 footed. You can't jump in like he did and expect to get away with it.
Studs were up.

Matty said:
With Vidic, Smalling and Jones all out injured it only leaves Evans and Ferdinand as fit centre halves (and I believe there are fitness issues surrounding Ferdinand too). If United have to spend any period of time with an Evans/Carrick centre half pairing they'll drop a decent number of points.

Is there anybody they can bring back from retirement ala Scholes. Whats Pallister doing these days?

Matty said:

They always seem to cope though. I despise the bastids but they could have their youth team out and would still find a way (with some help from the man in black) to scrape a draw away at Chelsea or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.