United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
Matty said:
With Vidic, Smalling and Jones all out injured it only leaves Evans and Ferdinand as fit centre halves (and I believe there are fitness issues surrounding Ferdinand too). If United have to spend any period of time with an Evans/Carrick centre half pairing they'll drop a decent number of points.

They always seem to cope though. I despise the bastids but they could have their youth team out and would still find a way (with some help from the man in black) to scrape a draw away at Chelsea or something.
They've now got Butthead (the best young LB in the world who came through their academy) so move Evra inside, Halsey and Oliver their two new signings in the middle and Hey Presto another long unbeaten run.

David Gill, Chief Executive of joint premier league champions Manchester United, has tabled a late amendment to the fair play regulations he has proposed to premier league owners.

The move comes in the wake of today's news that Nemanja Vidic has suffered another potentially long term knee injury.

Gill has called for a compensatory points scheme to be introduced in such instances, "Injuries have been a problem in the game for far too long" said Gill today, speaking at the launch of United's exciting new season ticket offer, buy 1 get 3 free.

"Fair play should mean more than just financial restrictions for anyone with an average attendance under 70,000. It should also mean that teams with the best players are compensated when those players cannot play. It is only fair that this compensation should take the form of points."

Gill has been busy working out a formula for the scheme 'Players Receiving Injury Compensation Key'. "I've spoken with Dave Whelan and he's in full agreement that the loss of Nemanja will cost us a minimum of 15 points. In fact the formula is based on Dave's expert opinion of a player, 'The Whelan Analysis Tool'".

"I hope other premier league owners will see the sense of this move. Of course the bigger your average attendance, the more compensation you will receive. I'm sure you'll agree there is no need for injury compenation points for anyone who plays for Wigan and Dave is in full agreement with me on this".

The move is not expected to meet any opposition, similar to United's team whenever Wigan come to Old Trafford.

link to full article:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.yourereallygoingtoclickthis?.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.yourereallygoingtoclickthis?.com</a>

City Raider said:
David Gill, Chief Executive of joint premier league champions Manchester United, has tabled a late amendment to the fair play regulations he has proposed to premier league owners.

The move comes in the wake of today's news that Nemanja Vidic has suffered another potentially long term knee injury.

Gill has called for a compensatory points scheme to be introduced in such instances, "Injuries have been a problem in the game for far too long" said Gill today, speaking at the launch of United's exciting new season ticket offer, buy 1 get 3 free.

"Fair play should mean more than just financial restrictions for anyone with an average attendance under 70,000. It should also mean that teams with the best players are compensated when those players cannot play. It is only fair that this compensation should take the form of points."

Gill has been busy working out a formula for the scheme 'Players Receiving Injury Compensation Key'. "I've spoken with Dave Whelan and he's in full agreement that the loss of Nemanja will cost us a minimum of 15 points. In fact the formula is based on Dave's expert opinion of a player, 'The Whelan Analysis Tool'".

"I hope other premier league owners will see the sense of this move. Of course the bigger your average attendance, the more compensation you will receive. I'm sure you'll agree there is no need for injury compenation points for anyone who plays for Wigan and Dave is in full agreement with me on this".

The move is not expected to meet any opposition, similar to United's team whenever Wigan come to Old Trafford.

link to full article:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.yourereallygoingtoclickthis?.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.yourereallygoingtoclickthis?.com</a>
Brilliant :-)

That's where I stopped reading :)

Valencia and Vidic both out. Just like last season they're dropping like flies.

No Rooney, Valencia or Vidic. Their 3 best players out. Makes me thankful for City's medical team. We really should be winning this league at a canter.

Zardon132 said:
Valencia and Vidic both out. Just like last season they're dropping like flies.

No Rooney, Valencia or Vidic. Their 3 best players out. Makes me thankful for City's medical team. We really should be winning this league at a canter.

Unfortunately and fortunately in a way their best player this season has been the old ginger **** followed by van persie.

johnmc said:
Rumours are Valencia is on crutches at the minute.

Just read The Mail report, he was injured when Johnson fouled him for the penalty. LOL

Seriously, a professional journalist wrote that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.