United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
fergie time

Can I believe what I am reading bacon face has the audacity to question how much time is added on and expect the Fa etc to hand over time keeping to a n other - I THOUGHT IT HAD BEEN ALREADY - at OT anyway - I thought he already had control - BUT last match last season got to him - now spurs - but lest we forget 4 mins added they beat us in 97 mins ?????????????????

MSP said:
Don't you hate when media use "shock defeat" when referring to Tottenham's win at swamp.

Why the hell would Tottenham beating them or us or pretty much any team in Europe be shocking.

They hadn't won there in 20 odd years.

Well, we never played at Bernabeu and if we won the other night that would be hardly shocking. And we did not win at Arsenal away for more than 20 years but it was not shocking when we finally did it last year in CUp.

You play with what you got not with what happened in history.

Spurs are good enough to beat most if not all teams on their day and they are definitely good enough to beat United. Any decent team is good enough to beat them these days with right approach.

MSP said:
Well, we never played at Bernabeu and if we won the other night that would be hardly shocking. And we did not win at Arsenal away for more than 20 years but it was not shocking when we finally did it last year in CUp.

Spurs are good enough to beat most if not all teams on their day and they are definitely good enough to beat United. Any decent team is good enough to beat them these days with right approach.

MSP is spot on. Lets be fair though according to the media and press it's always a shock if united dont win.

It's always down to utd 'not playing well' or having 'key injuries'. It's simply never been the case that they got beat by a better team on the day.

I hope Newcastle are smacking their lips at the prospect of Sunday's game. Ba and Cisse will fucking destroy Wio and Jonboy :)

MSP said:

Course it would have been a shock if we'd won at Madrid in the same way it was a shock that Spurs won,you could get 5-1 on Spurs,big odds for a two horse race when on paper theyre not a million miles away from each other in quality.
For whatever reasons previous form at a ground is a pretty good indicator and we didnt beat a full strength Arsenal inthe cup,when we do it in the league I'll get excited.

lafitz2008 said:
MSP said:

Course it would have been a shock if we'd won at Madrid in the same way it was a shock that Spurs won,you could get 5-1 on Spurs,big odds for a two horse race when on paper theyre not a million miles away from each other in quality.
For whatever reasons previous form at a ground is a pretty good indicator and we didnt beat a full strength Arsenal inthe cup,when we do it in the league I'll get excited.

You would have been 'shocked' had we beaten Madrid?

WTF+faace.jpeg

If:-

a They were any good
b He'd got his team selection right (they'd had either Phil Jones or Zinedine Cleverley playing)
c They had 'turned up' to play in the first 45 minutes

Fergie wouldn't need a second half 60 minutes long would he!

Still think the champions league draw for us and them was not only to help them get a bye to the quarters but also give them every chance of winning the league. There i said it

imagine the hit to the revenue streams of the media and clubs if corruption is proved in the premier league? The richest league in the world, so carefully and beautifully marketed across the world, would suffer a huge blow. The effects an investigation would have on Manchester United, the cash cow’s biggest cash cow, would also be devastating.

So it’s all swept under the tabled and every refereeing decision shrugged off. “They even themselves out” we’re told by journalists who get banned from United press conferences for asking a question about team selection.

God knows what would happen to them if they investigate United’s behind the scenes dealings.
[/quote]

Same old shite I read on here every other day.

There are 10,000 journalists in Britain who would make millions of pounds, and become famous, for revealing this mythical conspiracy. Yet it doesn't happen. Ask yourself why. Ank yourself why two of the world's richest men, in Abramovic and The Sheikh, don't do something about this "conspiracy".

The answer to both questions is the same : because there is no conspiracy. There are refs who make bad decisions. There is a whole world of difference between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.