United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
All this laughing at the rags so called downfall re share price etc.I hate the fookers like most but look at this....

Mind boggling. Wonder if Twattini will investigate this as "market value"...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...nited-eyeing-1bn-Nike-kit-deal-extension.html

Wow! But nothing will be said apart from what a great deal for the scum!!

If that was city what happens is certain media Moguls ring all the big knobs in UEFA ask chairmen of certain clubs about it and they get their headlines! Nothing like that happens when the "Established" clubs get deals in that category...

All this laughing at the rags so called downfall re share price etc.I hate the fookers like most but look at this....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...nited-eyeing-1bn-Nike-kit-deal-extension.html

They better prey that they get the deal done before the real terminal decline sets in,when whisky features goes they are in the doo doo, Macclesfield could score against them lot at the moment, coupled with empty seats for all to see and hearing groups of children shouting "Nited, Nited" towards the end of last nights game i must admit i smiled broadly at what is unravelling at Old Toilet.

If nike fall for the United propoganda then they will have been shafted in a bloody big way.

flb said:

They better prey that they get the deal done before the real terminal decline sets in,when whisky features goes they are in the doo doo, Macclesfield could score against them lot at the moment, coupled with empty seats for all to see and hearing groups of children shouting "Nited, Nited" towards the end of last nights game i must admit i smiled broadly at what is unravelling at Old Toilet.

If nike fall for the United propoganda then they will have been shafted in a bloody big way.

Actually, getting local schools discounted tickets for games is the best way to get your hooks into the future lifetime fans. As already mentioned on here, 50,000 regular season ticket holders attended last nights game as part of the cup scheme, the other 23,000 was made up of 3 thousand Braga fans and brilliant marketing.

United are a US club, with US owners, and shares on the NYSE. Nike know how much money they can make off shirt sales and product placement. They aren't naive in business deals, they will get what they want out of any deal. Although 1 billion is a bizarre figure to pluck out of the air, that would have to be a 20 year deal. They make the worst kits as well.

United will go for Jose imo, I hope they go for Moyes or Solsjkaer (sp) though. Jose would sort out their decline and I don't want that. I want rocky roads with spoiled fans comparing what's happening with what Fergie would do etc. I want them to implode!

There's no way they'll get £1Billion deal. That figure was reached by comparing the £8m Vodafone shirt deal with the £52m Chevrolet deal. The Chevrolet deal has already been acknowledged as dodgy as fuck, so much so the guy who "negotiated" it has been fired by Chevrolet. A fait sponsorship assessment would be £30m a season, not £52m.

whyalwaysLee said:
flb said:

Actually, getting local schools discounted tickets for games is the best way to get your hooks into the future lifetime fans. As already mentioned on here, 50,000 regular season ticket holders attended last nights game as part of the cup scheme, the other 23,000 was made up of 3 thousand Braga fans and brilliant marketing.

United are a US club, with US owners, and shares on the NYSE. Nike know how much money they can make off shirt sales and product placement. They aren't naive in business deals, they will get what they want out of any deal. Although 1 billion is a bizarre figure to pluck out of the air, that would have to be a 20 year deal. They make the worst kits as well.

Brilliant marketing? Are you for real? I'm not knocking giving away free tickets to schoolkids (though the cynic in me feels that wouldn't have happened if they weren't struggling to sell the game out) but if you think the world's biggest football club failing to shift the remainder of their non-season ticket allocation amounts to brilliant marketing then you're sadly deluded. A total idiot could've gotten 73,000 through the gate at Old Trafford last night, whereas someone with just a bit of nous employing a modicum of imaginary pricing could've easily ensured it was a sell-out.

We're are entering the era of financial unfair play now...deals like this will become the norm for the established clubs leaving everybody behind. A super league is inevitable with what uefa have imposed,everything will be done on a gradual basis but I'd give it a decade at most before its up and running.

United are not going to implode. They may struggle a little bit after Fergie goes, but they seem to be getting their debt down while drastically increasing sponsorship and corporate deals.

They will always be a money maker for brands and I would be surprised if we ever saw them fall as low as Liverpool in the next 5 years. The real test would come if they ever slipped out of the top 4, which is conceivable, but unlikely with FFP now.

Unfortunately I can see United being a top 4 team for the forseable future.

M18CTID said:
whyalwaysLee said:
flb said:

Brilliant marketing? Are you for real? I'm not knocking giving away free tickets to schoolkids (though the cynic in me feels that wouldn't have happened if they weren't struggling to sell the game out) but if you think the world's biggest football club failing to shift the remainder of their non-season ticket allocation amounts to brilliant marketing then you're sadly deluded. A total idiot could've gotten 73,000 through the gate at Old Trafford last night, whereas someone with just a bit of nous employing a modicum of imaginary pricing could've easily ensured it was a sell-out.

Who said anything about giving away free tickets? Do you think the Glazers would give away tickets for nowt?? The capacity is 75k for CL games. There was 73,195 at the match. That's 1800 empty seats against Braga, on a tuesday night, in the group stages of a cup competition. If that is a crisis, I'd hate to spill any milk in your gaff! Although, I agree with your point about the pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.