United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: We are planning for life after Ferguson

A goal in the 3-2 win over Fulham, a hat-trick in the 3-2 win over Southhampton and the winning goal at Liverpool. Without those goals/points they'd be in 10th place now.[/quote]

You are making the assumption that if RVP wasn't played then united wouldn't play anyone in his place. And if the did then they wouldn't score any goals either.

Saying that without RVP they would be in 10th place is just idiocy I'm afraid.[/quote]

I get your point, but it is also a fair assumption that any replacement they would have played wasn't as good as rvp.......and therefore not got as many goals to date.

Obviously we will never know, but I reckon they would be at least 4 points worse off without him so far.

ped said:
pepe guardola "spelling" seems to me.

Personally I disagree just because I don't think the players United have fit to how he likes to play, the philosophy he likes to instill in his team and the fact the Glazers will not financially support that transition. Though the fact they seem like good friends might mean I'm wrong.

In fact I can see Pep going to Chelsea, just for all that attacking talent.

The cookie monster said:
Every rag going is shit scared when this day arrives.
A couple of years ago i would have agreed with you, just lately iv heard one or two rags breaking rank and actually saying they are getting pissed off with his dictatorial antics and bizarre behavior, i think the Ferdinand episode this weekend has seriously undermined the old Stalinist piss can as well

Stoned Rose said:
Moyes all day. Will probably bring a few of Everton's better players with him.
Wonder who our bogey team is

United's style of football

They literally score ALL their goals from crosses (and dodgy penalties). Out to the wings, whip in a cross and if that fails try it again.

Why do so many teams fail to defend this??

Re: United's style of football

You only just realised ;) it's BaconChops way tactically he is clueless it's get down the wing cross it or hoof it down the line

I've said it for years they play exactly the same as Everton which is direct/long ball there's no science to it.

davealvers said:
They literally score ALL their goals from crosses (and dodgy penalties). Out to the wings, whip in a cross and if that fails try it again.

It's all they've ever done but very few teams in England have really learned to play against it. We nullified it completely in the 6-1. Good European teams are savvy and just two stuffy CL/European Cups in 26 years under Fergie is probably a result of that. They're edging past average Euro opposition now, can't wait to see them against someone like BVB or Real, wonder if Carrick and Cleverley can stay composed for 90 minutes with good midfields pressing them. :)

LoveCity said:
davealvers said:

It's all they've ever done but very few teams in England have really learned to play against it. We nullified it completely in the 6-1. Good European teams are savvy and just two stuffy CL/European Cups in 26 years under Fergie is probably a result of that. They're edging past average Euro opposition now, can't wait to see them against someone like BVB or Real, wonder if Carrick and Cleverley can stay composed for 90 minutes with good midfields pressing them. :)

yep, the home win as well, our fullbacks just kept showing their wingers inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.