United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
JM Mcr said:
For what it's worth I think Utd have been poor for most of our games this season. Noone can expect to continually rescue games that you go behind in and if Utd's midfield and defense doesn't improve very soon it's going to be extremely difficult to challenge for the title.

It's worth bearing in mind tho that City's away form this season hasn't been overly impressive. Like Utd, they've dropped 6 points on their travels, tho City have only played 5 away games to Utd's 7 so far this season. Forget any agenda's, it's City's away form that has allowed Utd to stay in touch since the beginning of the season.

I think it's Shelvey's red card and Evans getting away with it, Torres's red card for being fouled and Hernandez offside goal, Wilshere sent off and Cleverley not more than anything, and then we can take both our luck into account after that ie. you guys Villa & So'ton away and Fulham home, us WBA & Fulham away.

We've dropped 8 points yes, but we haven't lost and we've drawn home to Arsenal(again you got a ref advantage, albeit as the better team but who knows how you'd cope with 10 men with a midfielder sent off), Liverpool away(you got handed the game), West Ham away(frustrating), Stoke away(we were cheated with a handball goal against us).

You guys have lost to Everton away, Spurs home(we beat), Norwich away(jesus), and should really have lost away to Villa, home to Galatasaray, away to Chelsea, away to Liverpool, away to Southampton, at least drawn with Fulham at home.

Hopefully your luck is running out as that is the only reason why you are top half of the table 2bh.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
JM Mcr said:
For what it's worth I think Utd have been poor for most of our games this season. Noone can expect to continually rescue games that you go behind in and if Utd's midfield and defense doesn't improve very soon it's going to be extremely difficult to challenge for the title.

It's worth bearing in mind tho that City's away form this season hasn't been overly impressive. Like Utd, they've dropped 6 points on their travels, tho City have only played 5 away games to Utd's 7 so far this season. Forget any agenda's, it's City's away form that has allowed Utd to stay in touch since the beginning of the season.

I think it's Shelvey's red card and Evans getting away with it, Torres's red card for being fouled and Hernandez offside goal, Wilshere sent off and Cleverley not more than anything, and then we can take both our luck into account after that ie. you guys Villa & So'ton away and Fulham home, us WBA & Fulham away.

We've dropped 8 points yes, but we haven't lost and we've drawn home to Arsenal(again you got a ref advantage, albeit as the better team but who knows how you'd cope with 10 men with a midfielder sent off), Liverpool away(you got handed the game), West Ham away(frustrating), Stoke away(we were cheated with a handball goal against us).

You guys have lost to Everton away, Spurs home(we beat), Norwich away(jesus), and should really have lost away to Villa, home to Galatasaray, away to Chelsea, away to Liverpool, away to Southampton, at least drawn with Fulham at home.

Hopefully your luck is running out as that is the only reason why you are top half of the table 2bh.
Agenda's n luck it is then.....we should've lost away at Villa based on what? Or Chelsea away (a rare game when we were never behind)? And Southampton? And yes we lost to Norwich (Jesus??) but don't forget both they, and Utd, comfortably beat an Arsenal team that outplayed you at times at the Etihad this season.

Not gonna start debating refereeing decisions again as it's been done to death but I stand by my original point tho that Utd have played poorly all season, and City's away form has helped us keep in touch. In fact who knows how the table would now look had we started the season with 7 home games and 5 away instead of City?

JM Mcr said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
JM Mcr said:

Agenda's n luck it is then.....we should've lost away at Villa based on what? Or Chelsea away (a rare game when we were never behind)? And Southampton? And yes we lost to Norwich (Jesus??) but don't forget both they, and Utd, comfortably beat an Arsenal team that outplayed you at times at the Etihad this season.

Not gonna start debating refereeing decisions again as it's been done to death but I stand by my original point tho that Utd have played poorly all season, and City's away form has helped us keep in touch. In fact who knows how the table would now look had we started the season with 7 home games and 5 away instead of City?

Away Liverpool, WBA, Fulham, West Ham and Stoke.

I can think of 5 easier fixtures, with 6 to come against Chelsea. You had better pray we don't start scoring goals for fun away from home or it will be over by March.

JM Mcr said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
JM Mcr said:

we will all know afterthe next two games

pirate said:
JM Mcr said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

we will all know afterthe next two games
Now that's not really true is it ;-)

City Raider said:
JM Mcr said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

I can think of 5 easier fixtures, with 6 to come against Chelsea. You had better pray we don't start scoring goals for fun away from home or it will be over by March.
How about Everton, Southampton, Liverpool, Newcastle & Chelsea?

JM Mcr said:
City Raider said:
JM Mcr said:

Did you really type Southampton without laughing?

City Raider said:
JM Mcr said:
City Raider said:

Tbf, his point stands.

Everton, Southampton, Liverpool, Newcastle & Chelsea is a harder list of away fixtures than Liverpool, WBA, Fulham, West Ham & Stoke.

City Raider said:
JM Mcr said:
City Raider said:

Newcastle aren't too hot at the moment either.

sjk2008 said:
City Raider said:
JM Mcr said:

Tbf, his point stands.

Everton, Southampton, Liverpool, Newcastle & Chelsea is a harder list of away fixtures than Liverpool, WBA, Fulham, West Ham & Stoke.
And they played like it was. But their run of luck seems over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.