United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mikecini said:
Noticed today while looking at the league table, the goals against column, they have shipped 17 goals. You have to look down all the way to Spurs in eighth with 21 against to find a team who have let more in. That isn't championship winning form.
In fact if you take the relegation zone teams out, only five other teams have a worse defensive record.

Yet do we hear a sniff about a defensive crisis?

Losing 3 out of 12 games isn't championship form either! The media were banging on about how many goals we were letting in since we've had the best defensive record they go on about all teams can't defend this season

Inter Me Nan said:
How we aren't 7/9 points clear of these i'll never know!!!

The answer is simple my friend.... Referees.

If there had been fair play by refs we would be.

waspish said:
Mikecini said:
Noticed today while looking at the league table, the goals against column, they have shipped 17 goals. You have to look down all the way to Spurs in eighth with 21 against to find a team who have let more in. That isn't championship winning form.
In fact if you take the relegation zone teams out, only five other teams have a worse defensive record.

Losing 3 out of 12 games isn't championship form either! The media were banging on about how many goals we were letting in since we've had the best defensive record they go on about all teams can't defend this season

Very true my friend, very true. Win three, lose one. :)

Deepest Blue said:
Ducado said:
Just don't write them off
They'll be there or thereabouts without a doubt.
We've had a great day but how many times have we started toi write them off only for them to go on another winning run.

85 points should do it this year.

Anyone else think Ferguson looked really ill in the post-match interview? Must be a worry. Hope he sticks around to preside over the era when they were overtaken by ourselves leaving them to fight for scraps.

We're the same though, how many times has the media and opposing fans alike wrote us off?

We haven't even lost in the league yet everyone is going on about this crisis at City???

Mikecini said:
waspish said:
Mikecini said:

Chelsea away they would have lost, they should have drawn or lost Villa away, Liverpool away was handed to them by the ref sending Shelvey off and not Evans, Galatasaray home should have been a draw if not a loss if it weren't for the ref, Southampton away and Fulham home they were also lucky.

Last night their luck ran out but sadly by hook or by crook they'll get by in most of their games.

It says it all that the shock of us getting a shit decision in our favour yesterday but the media can joke about all the ones United have been given.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Mikecini said:
waspish said:

Chelsea away they would have lost, they should have drawn or lost Villa away, Liverpool away was handed to them by the ref sending Shelvey off and not Evans, Galatasaray home should have been a draw if not a loss if it weren't for the ref, Southampton away and Fulham home they were also lucky.

Last night their luck ran out but sadly by hook or by crook they'll get by in most of their games.

It says it all that the shock of us getting a shit decision in our favour yesterday but the media can joke about all the ones United have been given.
Same with scholes and his many dangerous tackles that get laughed off by pundits and the press...

OptaJoe 13 - Ryan Giggs misplaced more passes in the attacking third than any other Premier League player this weekend.

Sunderland have seen four opponents sent off in the Premier League this season, a total only Man Utd can match.

They're at each others throats over on the caf.

Oh go fuck yourself you belligerent dickhead. Your redder-than-thou schtick is so fucking tiresome. I don't for a second think we have 'devine right' (sic) to win anything, but we have a 250 million pound squad, and we just went out and bought the best player in the league. Despite their immense financial advantage we've managed to build a better squad than City, and their manager is a buffoon. We were eight points clear with six games to go last season, failing to win the title from there was an abominable failure without precedent in recent history. Allowing Mancini to claim another title by default would be the greatest fuck-up in my two decades following this club, and would be inexcusable and, quite probably, reason enough for Sir Alex to walk. I remain confident that this won't happen, purely because of the significant advantages we have, but the last eight days are a real cause for concern.

stony said:

Oh go fuck yourself you belligerent dickhead. Your redder-than-thou schtick is so fucking tiresome. I don't for a second think we have 'devine right' (sic) to win anything, but we have a 250 million pound squad, and we just went out and bought the best player in the league. Despite their immense financial advantage we've managed to build a better squad than City, and their manager is a buffoon. We were eight points clear with six games to go last season, failing to win the title from there was an abominable failure without precedent in recent history. Allowing Mancini to claim another title by default would be the greatest fuck-up in my two decades following this club, and would be inexcusable and, quite probably, reason enough for Sir Alex to walk. I remain confident that this won't happen, purely because of the significant advantages we have, but the last eight days are a real cause for concern.

So when we comeback to win the league it's by default but when bacontwat does it it's his mind games?

Also they didn't sign the leagues best player, 1 great season doesn't make you the leagues best player after playing in said league for over 8 years!!

Their fans are the definition of fickle bunch of cunts!!

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
stony said:

So when we comeback to win the league it's by default but when bacontwat does it it's his mind games?

Also they didn't sign the leagues best player, 1 great season doesn't make you the leagues best player after playing in said league for over 8 years!!

Their fans are the definition of fickle bunch of *****!!

Exactly. Also like to add, better squad? When your team doesn't have a midfield, I wouldn't spout on about having a better squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.