United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sjk2008 said:
Red Manc said:
We outplayed and outmanoeuvred you. We set up like we used to in the big games during the Ronaldo years. Sit back, soak it up and hit on the break and create quality chances. Other than the Silva one that De Gea somehow deflected on to the bar, I don't remember City really scaring us. Over the moon with that display of discipline and professionalism. 2 big decisions went against us (Young incorrect offside, Evra denied what looked a clear penalty), and Tevez should have walked in the last minute. Looking forward to the rest of the season now with quality such as Kagawa, Nani and Vidic (and Anderson if he returns in the form he was in) to come back and strengthen us even more.

City had more of the ball, more territory and a number of (fairly) decent chances. You, on the otherhand, had 3 chances and nailed them all. I put that down to being extremely clinical, not lucky (as some have said on here) and not "outplaying" them, as you claim above.

Out playing does not mean having more territory or having more of the ball. By that token Arsenal have outplayed us nearly every time we have played them in the last 7 or 8 years, look how that's ended up for them. Van Persie missed a very presentable headed chance, Evra also had a free header from 8 yards off a Rooney corner. Ashley Young was almost through until Hart showed good awareness to just get there before him. We generally had the best moments in the game in my opinion. Plus, as I've said before, were it not for the officials, it would have been 0-3 and City wouldn't have had the chance to rally like they did.

Mate of mine was trying his hardest to wind me up via text.

He sent me: "I will sleep tonight now we're 6 points clear"

I replied:

"After last season you could do with making sure it's more than 8pts before you start crowing. Don't have nightmares!"

Red Manc said:
sjk2008 said:
Red Manc said:
We outplayed and outmanoeuvred you. We set up like we used to in the big games during the Ronaldo years. Sit back, soak it up and hit on the break and create quality chances. Other than the Silva one that De Gea somehow deflected on to the bar, I don't remember City really scaring us. Over the moon with that display of discipline and professionalism. 2 big decisions went against us (Young incorrect offside, Evra denied what looked a clear penalty), and Tevez should have walked in the last minute. Looking forward to the rest of the season now with quality such as Kagawa, Nani and Vidic (and Anderson if he returns in the form he was in) to come back and strengthen us even more.

City had more of the ball, more territory and a number of (fairly) decent chances. You, on the otherhand, had 3 chances and nailed them all. I put that down to being extremely clinical, not lucky (as some have said on here) and not "outplaying" them, as you claim above.

Out playing does not mean having more territory or having more of the ball. By that token Arsenal have outplayed us nearly every time we have played them in the last 7 or 8 years, look how that's ended up for them. Van Persie missed a very presentable headed chance, Evra also had a free header from 8 yards off a Rooney corner. Ashley Young was almost through until Hart showed good awareness to just get there before him. We generally had the best moments in the game in my opinion. Plus, as I've said before, were it not for the officials, it would have been 0-3 and City wouldn't have had the chance to rally like they did.

City had more possession, more territory, more shots. United were clinical.

That was the difference.

It's for the reasons you mentioned above that I believe you deserved at least a draw from the game. That doesn't mean I believe you outplayed them because, to be frank, you didn't.

Red Manc said:
sjk2008 said:
Red Manc said:

make the most of it mate, its coming to an end soon, your not even close to the teams you have been in the past, didnt even make it out of group stages in CL last year and your being carried by a 30 year old Van Persie, all i hear your fans saying now is how shit you are.

bluemc1 said:
make the most of it mate, its coming to an end soon, your not even close to the teams you have been in the past, didnt even make it out of group stages in CL last year and your being carried by a 30 year old Van Persie, all i hear your fans saying now is how shit you are.

And the year before we were carried by Rooney. Before that Ronaldo. Before that we were going to fall to pieces because Keane retired. Fact is, Sir Alex knows what's he's doing and as long as he's in charge I have no worries at all. You can keep saying we're 'shit' and 'wank.' We're doing just fine. Another one of Sir Alex's great teams is around the corner. We have the biggest and deepest squad in the league and we're one midfielder and one left winger short of becoming a truly world class team. On a side note, we fell out of the CL at the group stages in 05/06. We went on to reach 3 of the next 5 finals as well as a semi-final appearance, whilst winning the PL 4 out of the next 5. Everyone has blips.<br /><br />-- Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:17 pm --<br /><br />
sjk2008 said:
Red Manc said:

City had more possession, more territory, more shots. United were clinical.

That was the difference.

It's for the reasons you mentioned above that I believe you deserved at least a draw from the game. That doesn't mean I believe you outplayed them because, to be frank, you didn't.

Our definitions of out play seem to differ and that's fine, that's your opinion. But, like I said before, if you really believe that, I assume you think Arsenal always used to outplay us every time they played us, as they used to pretty much dominate the statistics you mention.

I wasn't impressed by United. Yes they won but on another day Rooney's scuffed first goal goes wide and Nasri doesn't stick his leg out and Joe Hart catches comfortably. We all know which team dominated the game.

City can easily make up the 6 points as this United side will drop plenty of points but will we ? Our wastefulness in front of goal which cost us again yesterday could well cost us the league.

It's not Utd I fear it's our profligacy !

You are right Mr Rag that it has been said for almost every season for the last 8 or 9 years that "it's coming to an end" and it hasn't yet. This season is seemingly a 2 horser between us and your lot. The January window could be very interesting for both clubs.

As for the game yesterday, fair enough, you say that you "don't remember City scaring us" but I imagine when we pulled it back to 2-2 there would have been plenty of your lot's arses squeaking and would be amazed if even your most confident self wasn't at some point thinking "for fuck's sake".

For my part, I thought we opened brightly, but Shrek's goal really took the wind out of us as it was so against the run of play. It took us a while to react to that by which time we'd conceded again. When we finally got our arses in gear, we pegged you back and only for Clichy to try and play his way out of trouble leading to the freekick and for Nasri to inexplicably do what he did in the wall.

I've said elsewhere on this forum, you've won one battle, but not the war.

Be interesting to see how it all develops, as I am sure you will be all too aware that a 6 point lead means fuck all, especially at this stage of the season.

lauren blanc next rags boss, according to bolton fan in local pub.

he apparently has contacts in the betting industry who have told him to put a lot of money on it, he hasn't he's put a bit on though.

not sure if true but could be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.