United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it with United fans and play the victims? I'm sure they slate Liverpool for this kind of attitude. Robbed? Robbed? My fucking arse robbed!!

1- Offside goal: Fair enough he wasn't offside but you can see why the lino gave it, it was Zaba's back foot that played him onside. It was hardly the worst decision ever.

2- Tevez: Well it was after it went 3-2 anyway so no affect on the score. Yes he should have been off for it but had Phil Jones forearm smashed me in the face like that I'd have kicked the **** myself.

3- Nasri booked for dissent whilst United players, especially those called Wazza, were getting away with it all game.

4- Yaya Toure's immense run cut short by a dickhead ref who booked Wazza but failed to at least book Rafael. It could have been a red the way he went flying in but lucky for him Yaya was too quick. Had the ref not blown up we'd have had a 3 or 4 on two situation.

5- Wazza (getting a bit predictable this, isn't it? how he stays on the pitch week after week is a fucking joke) and Smalling pulling the shirts of our players at corners every fucking time. Watch Zabaleta's goal again and just look at the way Smalling is man-handling Dzeko, no worries though it was a goal. Wazza was pulling Nastasic all over the place the previous corner though.

6- Van Persie kicking out at Yaya Toure off the ball. Has anyone seen this again or have a gif of it? I've only seen it once but if it was what I thought it was then it was a definite red card.

7- Tevez not going down for a definite penalty and red card to Evra. It's all very well all these refs and commentators saying players should be applauded for staying on their feet but where the fuck does it get them? He couldn't get a proper shot off because he was fouled but in the end only him and us lose out for trying to be 'fair'. I lay this one squarely at Tevez though, who is an idiot for not going down.

Various players should have been booked for diving, starting with Yaya and Young.

So, yes the referee was shite. But to say United were robbed by the officials or that they had the worst of it is ridiculous by a long, long way.

smudgedj said:
Well done mystic red; If you had drawn or lost we wouldn't have heard a peep would we?

That would depend on whether there was something I wanted to comment on or not

jay_mcfc said:
What is it with United fans and play the victims? I'm sure they slate Liverpool for this kind of attitude. Robbed? Robbed? My fucking arse robbed!!

1- Offside goal: Fair enough he wasn't offside but you can see why the lino gave it, it was Zaba's back foot that played him onside. It was hardly the worst decision ever.

2- Tevez: Well it was after it went 3-2 anyway so no affect on the score. Yes he should have been off for it but had Phil Jones forearm smashed me in the face like that I'd have kicked the **** myself.

3- Nasri booked for dissent whilst United players, especially those called Wazza, were getting away with it all game.

4- Yaya Toure's immense run cut short by a dickhead ref who booked Wazza but failed to at least book Rafael. It could have been a red the way he went flying in but lucky for him Yaya was too quick. Had the ref not blown up we'd have had a 3 or 4 on two situation.

5- Wazza (getting a bit predictable this, isn't it? how he stays on the pitch week after week is a fucking joke) and Smalling pulling the shirts of our players at corners every fucking time. Watch Zabaleta's goal again and just look at the way Smalling is man-handling Dzeko, no worries though it was a goal. Wazza was pulling Nastasic all over the place the previous corner though.

6- Van Persie kicking out at Yaya Toure off the ball. Has anyone seen this again or have a gif of it? I've only seen it once but if it was what I thought it was then it was a definite red card.

7- Tevez not going down for a definite penalty and red card to Evra. It's all very well all these refs and commentators saying players should be applauded for staying on their feet but where the fuck does it get them? He couldn't get a proper shot off because he was fouled but in the end only him and us lose out for trying to be 'fair'. I lay this one squarely at Tevez though, who is an idiot for not going down.

Various players should have been booked for diving, starting with Yaya and Young.

So, yes the referee was shite. But to say United were robbed by the officials or that they had the worst of it is ridiculous by a long, long way.

Re the bolded point - something that has bugged me for years is why does a player have to go down to get a penalty anyway? If he's clearly being fouled then surely the ref should give it, regardless of whether he stays on his feet or not. By never giving a penalty when a player stays on his feet despite being impeded, the officials are merely encouraging players to go down when there's the slightest hint of contact.

jay_mcfc said:
What is it with United fans and play the victims? I'm sure they slate Liverpool for this kind of attitude. Robbed? Robbed? My fucking arse robbed!! Some Liverpool fans use it as an excuse as to why they lose and to cover up the deficiencies their team has had

1- Offside goal: Fair enough he wasn't offside but you can see why the lino gave it, it was Zaba's back foot that played him onside. It was hardly the worst decision ever. Nice, we agree this was one wrong

2- Tevez: Well it was after it went 3-2 anyway so no affect on the score. Yes he should have been off for it but had Phil Jones forearm smashed me in the face like that I'd have kicked the **** myself. Definite red card and subsequent 3 game ban but as it was towards the end of the game, like you say, it didn't affect the game

3- Nasri booked for dissent whilst United players, especially those called Wazza, were getting away with it all game. if you could point me to a clip of Rooney giving the level of abuse Nasri and Tevez gave to the ref when they got carded I'll be happy to agree on it. Until then, Nasri and Tevez were fully deserving of their yellows.

4- Yaya Toure's immense run cut short by a dickhead ref who booked Wazza but failed to at least book Rafael. It could have been a red the way he went flying in but lucky for him Yaya was too quick. Had the ref not blown up we'd have had a 3 or 4 on two situation. I've just watched this back. We had 4 players (Ferdinand, Evra, Smalling, Carrick) back. Sure, it would have been an advantageous position for you, it's hardly the "3 or 4 on 2" which you described it as. Rooney was deservedly booked here. I believe as the ref had already blown his whistle before Rafael made his challenge that therefore means he cannot commit a foul as the ball is now out of play. I may be wrong but as far as I'm aware he can only be booked/sent off for abuse/violent conduct etc.

5- Wazza (getting a bit predictable this, isn't it? how he stays on the pitch week after week is a fucking joke) and Smalling pulling the shirts of our players at corners every fucking time. Watch Zabaleta's goal again and just look at the way Smalling is man-handling Dzeko, no worries though it was a goal. Wazza was pulling Nastasic all over the place the previous corner though. Happens all the time, on every single corner. Not denying he didn't do it, but I was taught to defend like this (I'm a centre back myself). Strictly speaking its a penalty all the time but players are clever nowadays, well unless your name is Fellaini who does it so everyone can see it.

6- Van Persie kicking out at Yaya Toure off the ball. Has anyone seen this again or have a gif of it? I've only seen it once but if it was what I thought it was then it was a definite red card. I haven't seen this and would be willing to offer an opinion if you have any footage of it.

7- Tevez not going down for a definite penalty and red card to Evra. It's all very well all these refs and commentators saying players should be applauded for staying on their feet but where the fuck does it get them? He couldn't get a proper shot off because he was fouled but in the end only him and us lose out for trying to be 'fair'. I lay this one squarely at Tevez though, who is an idiot for not going down. Initial contact was outside the box though I don't think it's a foul. Sure, he lets him know he's there, but he doesn't push or trip him over.

Various players should have been booked for diving, starting with Yaya and Young. add Valencia to this

8 - Evra denied a clear penalty after Toure got none of the ball and all of the man

So, yes the referee was shite. But to say United were robbed by the officials or that they had the worst of it is ridiculous by a long, long way. Not at all ridiculous. The real big, game-changing decisions they got wrong. As I've said before though I do agree the game was refereed incompetently from start to finish

Marvin said:
You were 2-0 up and we had lost our Captain. It was one of those games when for City everything that could go wrong did.

Yet Man Utd lost control of a game they should have had by the scruff of the neck

Proof City still have the better team despite the addition of RVP

Ok United fan here ive literally just signed up because of the sheer arrogance and naivety of this post, im sorry but thats just so one eyed its untrue.

You complain you lost your captain and use it as some game changing moment yet totally ignore the fact we havnt had our captain and equivalent back 4 leader for over a year due to injury (and were already beating you at the time), think yourself lucky you havnt had to do without Kompany for the length of time we have without Vidic, so straight away that arguments is out the window, not to mention the the host of other players we had missing on sunday ie Kagawa, Nani, Anderson etc

Secondly we didnt lose control of the game at all, we had it won until a linesman for whatever reason decided to rule out a perfectly legitimate goal that would have made it 3-0 and game over, then to compound his error you go up the pitch and score in the very next phase of play and bang instead of it being 3-0 and us on course for a rout its 1-2 all because the linesman fucked up, you were extremly lucky to still be in the match only an officials howler stopped a possible hammering, 3-0 down at home having not made De gea make a single save worthy of the name you would have been dead and buried, it was another example of how a wrong decision can totally change a game, we went from cruise control to hanging on through the sheer incompetence of a lineseman, up until that moment what chances did you have?? from memory De gea had 1 save to make in that first hour the aguero one and that was hardly taxing for him, other than that you created very little, ive read many City fans say you dominated the game, what game was this?? your first meaningful attack came after an hour.

To be perfectly honest the first hour of that match was the perfect away performance, we limited you to literally zero chances whilst having the ball in your net 3 times and striking the post, we were the better team that first hour without question and the momentum only changed due to a dodgy linesman call, the next 25 minutes you were the better team and deservedly in that period got back level (even then we had a stick on penalty waved away!) but you had the momentum and we were hanging on in that period thats perfectly true, that dosnt change the fact you only had that momentum because you got lucky through us being robbed of a 3rd goal which would have ended the 'contest' there and then.

In the end it will go down as a close game that we nicked in injury time, in reality it was a match we had under total control and in the bag inside an hours play in your own backyard, unfortunately a perfectly good goal ruled out and a goal for you literally seconds later changed the game, you cant hide that fact you got back into a game you should have been well out of through a poor linemasn call, had that been allowed wed have probably gone on to win by 4 or 5 and losing Kompany is no excuse when we didnt even have Vidic in the first place.

I know how this forum works so I doubt this post will get approved as it dosnt toe the party line but i feel better for getting it off my chest.

Van Persies left peg said:
I know how this forum works so I doubt this post will get approved as it dosnt toe the party line but i feel better for getting it off my chest.

Obviously you don't. Other fans are welcome, even your lot. Different opinions are also welcome.
The only posts that don't get approved are the gloating/abusive ones. Keep that in mind while you're here and you won't have a problem.

stony said:

Obviously you don't. Other fans are welcome, even your lot. Different opinions are also welcome.
The only posts that don't get approved are the gloating/abusive ones. Keep that in mind while you're here and you won't have a problem.

Well im not here to gloat, i fully understand im an outsider on this forum but i did want to debate a few key moments from the game.

8- You have to be kidding? I didn't include this for obvious reasons; apart from it being far from a clear cut penalty anyway, it was less than ten seconds after Smalling had committed the most blatant handball ever seen in the history of football on the edge of his own area. Therefore I am in no way shape or form going to dispute whether it was a penalty or not.

As for talking about the 'big' decisions it is like you have just ignored what I have said. Yes you had a correct goal ruled out but in my eyes we should have had a pen and Evra sent off, Van Persie should have had a red and we should have been given one penalty at the very least for fould from corners, regardless of whether you think it happens every week or not or if your school teacher told you to do it. It was blatant. They are big decisions, whatever way you look at them.

Marvin said:
You were 2-0 up and we had lost our Captain. It was one of those games when for City everything that could go wrong did.

Yet Man Utd lost control of a game they should have had by the scruff of the neck

Proof City still have the better team despite the addition of RVP

Ok United fan here ive literally just signed up because of the sheer arrogance and naivety of this post, im sorry but thats just so one eyed its untrue.

You complain you lost your captain and use it as some game changing moment yet totally ignore the fact we havnt had our captain and equivalent back 4 leader for over a year due to injury (and were already beating you at the time), think yourself lucky you havnt had to do without Kompany for the length of time we have without Vidic, so straight away that arguments is out the window, not to mention the the host of other players we had missing on sunday ie Kagawa, Nani, Anderson etc

Secondly we didnt lose control of the game at all, we had it won until a linesman for whatever reason decided to rule out a perfectly legitimate goal that would have made it 3-0 and game over, then to compound his error you go up the pitch and score in the very next phase of play and bang instead of it being 3-0 and us on course for a rout its 1-2 all because the linesman fucked up, you were extremly lucky to still be in the match only an officials howler stopped a possible hammering, 3-0 down at home having not made De gea make a single save worthy of the name you would have been dead and buried, it was another example of how a wrong decision can totally change a game, we went from cruise control to hanging on through the sheer incompetence of a lineseman, up until that moment what chances did you have?? from memory De gea had 1 save to make in that first hour the aguero one and that was hardly taxing for him, other than that you created very little, ive read many City fans say you dominated the game, what game was this?? your first meaningful attack came after an hour.

To be perfectly honest the first hour of that match was the perfect away performance, we limited you to literally zero chances whilst having the ball in your net 3 times and striking the post, we were the better team that first hour without question and the momentum only changed due to a dodgy linesman call, the next 25 minutes you were the better team and deservedly in that period got back level (even then we had a stick on penalty waved away!) but you had the momentum and we were hanging on in that period thats perfectly true, that dosnt change the fact you only had that momentum because you got lucky through us being robbed of a 3rd goal which would have ended the 'contest' there and then.

In the end it will go down as a close game that we nicked in injury time, in reality it was a match we had under total control and in the bag inside an hours play in your own backyard, unfortunately a perfectly good goal ruled out and a goal for you literally seconds later changed the game, you cant hide that fact you got back into a game you should have been well out of through a poor linemasn call, had that been allowed wed have probably gone on to win by 4 or 5 and losing Kompany is no excuse when we didnt even have Vidic in the first place.

You clearly don't know how this forum works - maybe you are getting confused with Sad Cafe where an opposing fan would have no chance whatsoever of replying to a post.

I think you are being as one eyed as the post you have attacked. In reality neither side had control of the game and the result could have gone either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.