United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
Not too impressed with Utd fans who claim they want to debate football in the aftermath of the Derby win. Where were you 12 months ago, or this Summer? Suddenly interested in Manchester football again?

They call us losers and bitters!

A very good point Marvin. There are an awful lot of rocks around at the moment with rag shaped holes under them!!

MCFC BOB said:
0-15m: City dominate possession but lack cutting edge, United break and score.

15-45m: United have the control as City flatten, United score a second goal.

45-60m: United have a goal disallowed, City score and begin to press.

60-95m: After controlling the game City get a second goal, United score.

Overall: An even game that United won due to being more clinical.

Probably the fairest analysis of the match, and much less long winded than my attempts ha :)

Oh and Marvin, ive not followed up my post regarding Rooney in the main bluemoom forum for the simple fact i feel its probably best i stay in the general forum especially at the moment and have been advised to, i dont want to take threads off track and lets be honest theres little point in me responding to about 50 comments saying the same thing, i just thought it was a valid point, Rooney has been given bans for incidents no other player in this league has, ever, so i dont quite follow how that shows a clear agenda in his or uniteds favour? surely hed get away with these things if the FA and the media love him so much?

But anyway i digress just wanted to make that point.

Marvin said:
Not too impressed with Utd fans who claim they want to debate football in the aftermath of the Derby win. Where were you 12 months ago, or this Summer? Suddenly interested in Manchester football again?

Bumped to see if we can get an answer.

A telling post mate!

bleed.blue said:
Van Persies left peg said:
I understand English fine thank you, believe it or not i was born here which helps, sorry if me not taking kindly to being refereed to as a 'child molester' surprised you, oddly enough i find it highly offensive, pretty disgusting thing to say to someone really.

Anyway, care to debate any of the football related topics i raised or merely want to stick to hurling vile abuse?

Well either you are wildly ignorant or you are one of those new age fans that they got along with the signing of Kagawa.

New age fans? im 25 and have supported United since i was old enough to understand the game (so about 5 years ;) i can remember a few players before we signed Kagawa...we singed Ronaldo once :) and Rooney :) cant remember much pre 1992 though and im not from manchester so its not looking good for me is it :)

Ive heard em all, it dosnt bother me, i didnt come on here to trade insults i came to discuss what i believe to be inaccurate comments on the derby game, something ive been told im welcome to do.

-- Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:47 pm --

Salford_Blue said:
Marvin said:

Bumped to see if we can get an answer.

A telling post mate!

Oh sorry was i supposed to answer that, ok:

The point would hold some weight had i in fact been on here say after last seasons fa cup match and gloated about the win, then disappeared after you won the title (congratulations by the way) then just popped back today after another win, seeing as i havnt i dont know what more to say really? maybe it would be better to judge me over a longer period than the 62 minutes and 40 seconds ive been a member of the forum?

bleed.blue said:
I understand English fine thank you, believe it or not i was born here which helps, sorry if me not taking kindly to being refereed to as a 'child molester' surprised you, oddly enough i find it highly offensive, pretty disgusting thing to say to someone really.

Anyway, care to debate any of the football related topics i raised or merely want to stick to hurling vile abuse?

Well either you are wildly ignorant or you are one of those new age fans that they got along with the signing of Kagawa.

New age fans? im 25 and have supported United since i was old enough to understand the game (so about 5 years ;) i can remember a few players before we signed Kagawa...we singed Ronaldo once :) and Rooney :) cant remember much pre 1992 though and im not from manchester so its not looking good for me is it :)

Ive heard em all, it dosnt bother me, i didnt come on here to trade insults i came to discuss what i believe to be inaccurate comments on the derby game, something ive been told im welcome to do.
Don't think there's to many on here complaining if your not on the wum don't see a problem, not sure if that's the same on many forums, yours included

Oh and Marvin, ive not followed up my post regarding Rooney in the main bluemoom forum for the simple fact i feel its probably best i stay in the general forum especially at the moment and have been advised to, i dont want to take threads off track and lets be honest theres little point in me responding to about 50 comments saying the same thing, i just thought it was a valid point, Rooney has been given bans for incidents no other player in this league has, ever, so i dont quite follow how that shows a clear agenda in his or uniteds favour? surely hed get away with these things if the FA and the media love him so much?

OK

Don't agree with you about the City Utd game or Rooney. Yes he's faced sanctions, but he and Scholes get away with an awful lot every time I see them play. The Derby being a case in point. He should have been booked early on, and his celebration at the end was shall we say controversial - compare and contrast with Adebayor?

He's a great player. Utd's best by a long long way. But recall what Utd fans thought about him after he put in the transfer request. He has been compared to Tevez, but at least Tevez had a genuine dispute with mancini.

Marvin said:

OK

Don't agree with you about the City Utd game or Rooney. Yes he's faced sanctions, but he and Scholes get away with an awful lot every time I see them play. The Derby being a case in point. He should have been booked early on, and his celebration at the end was shall we say controversial - compare and contrast with Adebayor?

He's a great player. Utd's best by a long long way. But recall what Utd fans thought about him after he put in the transfer request. He has been compared to Tevez, but at least Tevez had a genuine dispute with mancini.

Ok you can argue he could have been booked early, but then surely i could argue Balotelli could have been for the foul on evans? Yaya toure for the blatant dive? what about Tevez kicking out at jones?? lets be totally fair here you cant single out 1 then blindly ignore the others because it suits your argument, on another day Rooney gets booked, so does Balotelli so does Toure, another day sees Tevez sent off and banned for 3 games, do we want to see games finishing 9 a-side? it was a derby, the players were fired up, the ref clearly like many do in such atmospheres took an early lenient approach to avoid it becoming a red card fest, surely we all prefer that stance? and come on Rooneys challenges were hardly leg breakers, he was a bit late on toure clear free kick little more and then he clipped was it silva? i cant remember but neither challenge was malicious and early in the game we see those waved away every week, you highlight it because of who it is be honest, if thats you at home to wigan or whoever you dont put as much emphasis on it, its human nature im the same.

As for the celebrations, right im going to say this and it probably wont go down well but here goes:

Imagine your Wayne Rooney for a second (just humour me for a moment ok :)) youve had vile abuse aimed at you for an hour and a half, coins and other various missles launched in your direction whenever youve gone to take a corner, chants about your family and outer football activity's and general disgust in your direction, your team scores a last minuted goal, your pumped up right? anyone would be, thousands of people have made a point of hurling tirades of abuse at you and this is your chance to stick 2 fingers back to them, i dont see anything wrong with that and if carlos tevez does the same at OT in front of the Stretford end ill come back on here and say the same, why shouldnt he do it? you say it provokes the crowd, surely the crowd have spent the last hour and a half provoking him? is it acceptable to call rooney a grannyshagging prick hurl coins at him and what not but not for him to celebrate in front of you given the chance?? is that not total hypocrisy? if your in the street and you walk up to another man and call him a wanker and throw missiles at him then he reacts are you then going to go to the police and complain? of course not, if you did youd be laughed at, see this is what annoys me about this, football fans are so bloody precious (not just you all fans of all teams) we think its perfectly acceptable to call players all the names under the sun throw things at them etc and then start crying when they give a little bit back, its laughable when you think about it, if your comfortable dishing it out then be prepared to take it back, if you cant then dont give it in the first place.

I dont expect you to agree with my points, we both look at things from totaly different angles, but at least youve actually debated the arguments ive put forward i appreciate that.

jay_mcfc said:
8- You have to be kidding? I didn't include this for obvious reasons; apart from it being far from a clear cut penalty anyway, it was less than ten seconds after Smalling had committed the most blatant handball ever seen in the history of football on the edge of his own area. Therefore I am in no way shape or form going to dispute whether it was a penalty or not.

As for talking about the 'big' decisions it is like you have just ignored what I have said. Yes you had a correct goal ruled out but in my eyes we should have had a pen and Evra sent off, Van Persie should have had a red and we should have been given one penalty at the very least for fould from corners, regardless of whether you think it happens every week or not or if your school teacher told you to do it. It was blatant. They are big decisions, whatever way you look at them.

The biggest decision of the lot was the offside goal. This swung the whole game and would have made it 0-3 and probably would have made the game far more comfortable from our point of view.

Show me where RVP should have been sent off? The Evra contact was initially outside the box, the replays are pretty conclusive on this.

I don't think it happens every week. I know for a fact it happens every week. I challenge you to watch a whole game of football and tell me one game where defenders and attackers don't do this. Lescott had one of the Everton players pretty much in headlock when your penalty against them was given! (although the one last week was a nailed on penalty)

Marvin said:

OK

Ok you can argue he could have been booked early, but then surely i could argue Balotelli could have been for the foul on evans? Yaya toure for the blatant dive? what about Tevez kicking out at jones?? lets be totally fair here you cant single out 1 then blindly ignore the others because it suits your argument, on another day Rooney gets booked, so does Balotelli so does Toure, another day sees Tevez sent off and banned for 3 games, do we want to see games finishing 9 a-side? it was a derby, the players were fired up, the ref clearly like many do in such atmospheres took an early lenient approach to avoid it becoming a red card fest, surely we all prefer that stance? and come on Rooneys challenges were hardly leg breakers, he was a bit late on toure clear free kick little more and then he clipped was it silva? i cant remember but neither challenge was malicious and early in the game we see those waved away every week, you highlight it because of who it is be honest, if thats you at home to wigan or whoever you dont put as much emphasis on it, its human nature im the same.

As for the celebrations, right im going to say this and it probably wont go down well but here goes:

Imagine your Wayne Rooney for a second (just humour me for a moment ok :)) youve had vile abuse aimed at you for an hour and a half, coins and other various missles launched in your direction whenever youve gone to take a corner, chants about your family and outer football activity's and general disgust in your direction, your team scores a last minuted goal, your pumped up right? anyone would be, thousands of people have made a point of hurling tirades of abuse at you and this is your chance to stick 2 fingers back to them, i dont see anything wrong with that and if carlos tevez does the same at OT in front of the Stretford end ill come back on here and say the same, why shouldnt he do it? you say it provokes the crowd, surely the crowd have spent the last hour and a half provoking him? is it acceptable to call rooney a grannyshagging prick hurl coins at him and what not but not for him to celebrate in front of you given the chance?? is that not total hypocrisy? if your in the street and you walk up to another man and call him a wanker and throw missiles at him then he reacts are you then going to go to the police and complain? of course not, if you did youd be laughed at, see this is what annoys me about this, football fans are so bloody precious (not just you all fans of all teams) we think its perfectly acceptable to call players all the names under the sun throw things at them etc and then start crying when they give a little bit back, its laughable when you think about it, if your comfortable dishing it out then be prepared to take it back, if you cant then dont give it in the first place.

I dont expect you to agree with my points, we both look at things from totaly different angles, but at least youve actually debated the arguments ive put forward i appreciate that.

just regarding the jones/tevez incident....yes tevez could/shold have gone for that...however so could jones for the elbow/forearm to the face.....that wasnt a defneder just putting his body in the way....that was deliberate

and you cannot defend rooney im afraid. as good a player as he is, he gets away with the verbal abuse to referees and other officials every single week without fail. He could have had two yellow cards in the first half alone and didnt receive one until the challange on yaya toure...and if you want to talk about role models well.....yes tevez going on strike was bad...yes mario is a complete looney (but in a pretty harmless way compared to rooney who goes cheeating behind ihs wifes back with prostitues on top of his swearing down a camera lens being watched by millions of football fans (including children)...i know this was while playing for england and so Im not critical of ut for this...just the player who si a down right thug who gets away with an awful lot...Not because he is a utd player....butt he same reason John Terry gets away with so much...because he is an england player<br /><br />-- Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:26 pm --<br /><br />
Red Manc said:
jay_mcfc said:
8- You have to be kidding? I didn't include this for obvious reasons; apart from it being far from a clear cut penalty anyway, it was less than ten seconds after Smalling had committed the most blatant handball ever seen in the history of football on the edge of his own area. Therefore I am in no way shape or form going to dispute whether it was a penalty or not.

As for talking about the 'big' decisions it is like you have just ignored what I have said. Yes you had a correct goal ruled out but in my eyes we should have had a pen and Evra sent off, Van Persie should have had a red and we should have been given one penalty at the very least for fould from corners, regardless of whether you think it happens every week or not or if your school teacher told you to do it. It was blatant. They are big decisions, whatever way you look at them.

The biggest decision of the lot was the offside goal. This swung the whole game and would have made it 0-3 and probably would have made the game far more comfortable from our point of view.

Show me where RVP should have been sent off? The Evra contact was initially outside the box, the replays are pretty conclusive on this.

I don't think it happens every week. I know for a fact it happens every week. I challenge you to watch a whole game of football and tell me one game where defenders and attackers don't do this. Lescott had one of the Everton players pretty much in headlock when your penalty against them was given! (although the one last week was a nailed on penalty)

big decision yes but not the biggest...not booking and then sending rooney of for two yellow card offences in the first half was pretty big.....

the game was pretty even for me by the way and a draw was about a result i expected from what id seen of utd in previous games...knew you would score and knew we would to

losing kompany was also pivotal to us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.