United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
waspish said:
Forget about the ref he was as bad for both teams! what I do find strange is Barry being banned for 1 game and fined for something a lot of players do
Yeah, it is a little strange...whatever he said, if it was that bad you'd think the ref would've dealt with it at the time by showing him another yellow. This is definitely a case where greater transparency from officials would be helpful, let the ref come out n explain why Barry's behaviour was different to any other disappointed player letting off steam, to the extent where he merited additional punishment.

JM Mcr said:
waspish said:
Forget about the ref he was as bad for both teams! what I do find strange is Barry being banned for 1 game and fined for something a lot of players do
Yeah, it is a little strange...whatever he said, if it was that bad you'd think the ref would've dealt with it at the time by showing him another yellow. This is definitely a case where greater transparency from officials would be helpful, let the ref come out n explain why Barry's behaviour was different to any other disappointed player letting off steam, to the extent where he merited additional punishment.

Al I can think of is Barry got personal instead of the usual "fuck off" he might of said "fuck of your a bent twat and in BaconChops pocket"

waspish said:
JM Mcr said:
waspish said:

Al I can think of is Barry got personal instead of the usual "fuck off" he might of said "fuck of your a bent twat and in BaconChops pocket"

Has their been any clarification of when he said it? Mike Keegan tweeted it was after RVP scored the free kick but I can't imagine Barry running 70 yards from the penalty box to have a go at the fourth official.

Red Manc said:
waspish said:
JM Mcr said:

Has their been any clarification of when he said it? Mike Keegan tweeted it was after RVP scored the free kick but I can't imagine Barry running 70 yards from the penalty box to have a go at the fourth official.

There's rumours on twitter he said this or that but I'd take that with a pinch of salt! But with city's strong statement on the website I have a feeling it's the normal abuse what players give..

Red Manc said:
waspish said:
JM Mcr said:

It was comments directed at Mark Clattenburg in the tunnel after the game had finished apparently, rather than at Martin Atkinson during the game. Pretty much everything Clattenbrug is involved in is corrupt or underhanded so make of that what you will.

Matty said:
Red Manc said:
waspish said:

It was comments directed at Mark Clattenburg in the tunnel after the game had finished apparently, rather than at Martin Atkinson during the game. Pretty much everything Clattenbrug is involved in is corrupt or underhanded so make of that what you will.
Are you paraphrasing Barry's comments to Clattenburg there Matty?

Red Manc said:
Ha come off it lads are you actually serious? You can't really seriously be saying RVP should be sent off for that. It's not an elbow, he shoves him with his arm! Toure had hold of him, he was just shoving him off of him.

Shoves him with his arm? He has a look around, sees where Toure is, weighs him up and strikes him in the chest with his elbow and then kicks him.

Has anyone got a gif of the Tevez incident? Jones forearm smash hasn't had much of a mention

jay_mcfc said:
Red Manc said:
Ha come off it lads are you actually serious? You can't really seriously be saying RVP should be sent off for that. It's not an elbow, he shoves him with his arm! Toure had hold of him, he was just shoving him off of him.

Shoves him with his arm? He has a look around, sees where Toure is, weighs him up and strikes him in the chest with his elbow and then kicks him.

Has anyone got a gif of the Tevez incident? Jones forearm smash hasn't had much of a mention

I've been asking if anyone has a gif of the latter incident for a while.

I thought there was fuck all in it, certainly not an elbow or thatcher-esque smash. I'll happily admit I'm wrong though upon another viewing if I'm deemed wrong.

As for the Toure/RVP incident. It's handbags at best. I don't even think Kolo passed a single comment on it to the ref or anyone did he? He just got up, stumbled for a while and then carried on.

sjk2008 said:
As for the Toure/RVP incident. It's handbags at best. I don't even think Kolo passed a single comment on it to the ref or anyone did he? He just got up, stumbled for a while and then carried on.

Watch the video again and see RVP weighing up where Kolo is and then a second later he swings the elbow. If it weren't for the first bit I might have a different opinion but no one can convince me he was doing nothing but weighing up an elbow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.